They are making a video game based movie with Rampage?!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
As in this Rampage?!

I am not shitting you guys, April Fools did not come early, its real, behold:

I am calling it now, this is the Battleship of Video Game based Movies.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Holy obscure gaming franchise to make a movie out of, Batman!

Hardly surprised they're going the "serious business" route with it, though... Hollywood seems to have forgotten how to do anything else. I'd actually be interested in something as intentionally campy and B movie-y as the games.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ogoid said:
Holy obscure gaming franchise to make a movie out of, Batman!

Hardly surprised they're going the "serious business" route with it, though...
Serious business? What in the trailer gave you the impression it was being taken seriously?

Anyway, Rampage, a.k.a. "the game that starts out fun, but then you realize you're doing the same thing over and over,"...um, yay? I mean, it looks silly, but it at least knows it's silly, and in a world where the likes of Godzilla and King Kong have made comebacks, maybe there's room for the little guys as well.

But I'm indifferent either way.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I admit I was surprised, this is the last game anyone would make a movie out of...

Dunno why they made the gorilla white-furred though, unless it was to make it look similar to Dwayne Johnson. Am I the only one who thinks the resemblance is uncanny?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Pro: Dwayne Da Rock Johnson
Con: No Lizzy

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Hawki said:
Serious business? What in the trailer gave you the impression it was being taken seriously?
Considering the source material? No radioactive waste turning people into giant animals, for one.

I mean, that's the level of sheer cheesiness I'd expect from a Rampage movie.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Everything about this looks ridiculous, but then again the games were ridiculous so this might actually turn out to be a fun movie.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:
I admit I was surprised, this is the last game anyone would make a movie out of...

Dunno why they made the gorilla white-furred though, unless it was to make it look similar to Dwayne Johnson. Am I the only one who thinks the resemblance is uncanny?
Unfortunately, that avenue wasn't taken. George and The Rock are different characters (with George being a regular ape turned giant instead of a human turned ape).

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
Everything about this looks ridiculous, but then again the games were ridiculous so this might actually turn out to be a fun movie.
If this was a CGI film made by Blue Sky, Dreamworks, Pixar, or Sony Animation, I'd agree. Honestly, it looks too edgelord to capture the feel of the games.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Samtemdo8 said:
I am calling it now, this is the Battleship of Video Game based Movies.
I dunno, mate. It's hard to screw up giant monster movies that badly - and usually that happens by dint of not enough giant monster wrecking stuff.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
It looks stupid enough to be enjoyable...at least once.

I loved playing Rampage in the arcade, it was some fun and frantic times.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Pyrian said:
I dunno, mate. It's hard to screw up giant monster movies that badly - and usually that happens by dint of not enough giant monster wrecking stuff.
This is also a video game movie, Hollywood tends to screw up video game movies.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
Canadamus Prime said:
If this was a CGI film made by Blue Sky, Dreamworks, Pixar, or Sony Animation, I'd agree. Honestly, it looks too edgelord to capture the feel of the games.
What? Because they're trying to have a personal connection between George and The Rock? It's probably more than a Rampage movie needs, but I don't think it'll kill it.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
What? Because they're trying to have a personal connection between George and The Rock? It's probably more than a Rampage movie needs, but I don't think it'll kill it.
Point, but I mean otherwise, it looks like another human-focused, gritty adaptation in the vein of the Bayformers films.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Point, but I mean otherwise, it looks like another human-focused, gritty adaptation in the vein of the Bayformers films.
Doesn't look all that gritty to me. Besides as long as Shia la Buef isn't in it, I'm perfectly ok with that.