Thief 4 at GDC 2011

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Anybody as excited about this game as I am? Haven't gotten a good night's sleep since I heard about it was in development.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/07/thief-4-lecture-at-gdc/

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
I've always been interested in the Thief series. I'd better hurry and play the other ones. This is good for all.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Looks interesting, if it's anything like the other Thief games, especially Thief 2, I'm in on it. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that the logo says Thiaf instead of Thief in an effort to look "cool". Otherwise yes, I'll be following it, in anticipation of more details.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Oh yes, I've liked Thief since game two. Game 3 was pretty good, but I never played past a certain point where zombies got involved as it became too effing frightening for me back then.

I'd definitely play Thief 4, but I've more or less stopped 'waiting' for most games. Especially in regards to the Thief series, as news about it seems so sporadic that it seems best to just ignore it and get a pleasant surprise when you suddenly find it's released. The ocassional bit of news about it, like this topic, is always nice to get spirits up, though.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
hell yeah :] I hope it's longer then the others and has less of that free roaming bit between missions.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Was that video of Thief 4? If it is then man, it looks like total crap.

Now that I think about it, I never really like any of the thief games.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
jpoon said:

That video was of Thief 3.

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
Mozared said:
Oh yes, I've liked Thief since game two. Game 3 was pretty good, but I never played past a certain point where zombies got involved as it became too effing frightening for me back then.
Would totally suggest picking it back up. The zombies are easy to beat, and here's how!

Just smack them with two flashbombs. Have to actually hit them though, takes more if you don't.

Depending on where you stopped, the first place I remember the zombies being is on the Abysmal Gale...the big mission you do right after that one is easily one of my favorite in the game. Though I think it's followed by the clocktower, which I was never a huge fan of...anyway.
Of course, if you made it to the Cradle, then I don't blame you for getting freaked. I still can't play that damn level in the dark.

OT: Ever since I heard about the new Thief game I've been bubbling with anticipation for it. I really can't wait to see how it turns out. I actually much enjoyed the 3rd game, though I admit the levels were pretty small...if they can go back to the free roaming aspect of Thief 2 with a similar graphic style to the 3rd...updated obviously...then they'll have a winner in my book. :p

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
pyrosaw said:
jpoon said:

Ah okay, haha, I was wondering why it would look so generic!

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Oh man, I fuckin' love Thief. Will it be about Garret again? Because the first trilogy wrapped up his story rather nicely, book-ends-style. "It is not an easy thing to see a Keeper, especially one who does not wish to be seen."

But it wouldn't be Thief without good old deadpan snarker Garret, would it?

I'm psyched. If they cock it up, I'm gonna blackjack 'em and nick all their stuff.

Fail @ the Thi4f-thing though. Who's the dunce who came up with that?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
jpoon said:
pyrosaw said:
jpoon said:

Ah okay, haha, I was wondering why it would look so generic!
Hey! Thief 3 was a really good game, the game was anything but genric. Actually play it and its a lot of fun.

ajh93

Feb 11, 2010
based on what Yahtzee said about how the Thief series ended (and no personal experience because i'm a nub and don't do PC gaming),hopefully it isn't shit.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
As much as I want to be excited for this game, Thief died with Looking Glass Studios. :'( I would give my left foot to resurrect that studio

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
I'm hoping we finally got some info on T4 . . . Eidos Montreal has been extremelly tight lipped on the project since it was announced over a year ago.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
ajh93 said:
based on what Yahtzee said about how the Thief series ended (and no personal experience because i'm a nub and don't do PC gaming),hopefully it isn't shit.
I don't get the hate on Thief 3. It was really solid.
The finale got a bit wobbly, and I missed rope arrows, but it had the right atmosphere and it had the right feel. And it was creepy as shit at times.

And the ending was cool if you had played the previous games as well.

roguetrooper96

Feb 26, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]As much as I want to be excited for this game, Thief died with Looking Glass Studios. :'( I would give my left foot to resurrect that studio
You should borrow one of my grandads... he's got two left feet

OT: I really have to play the first three thiAf... I mean thief games to get with the story and if they're as great as i've heard then im gonna have a pretty good time.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT... yes I am as excited as you.

jpoon said:

No, that would be shalebridge cradle from thief 3. It would also be one of the best levels in all of gaming.

parasyteFMA

Jan 3, 2011
I am always happy to see a stealth game series pushing on. After Splinter Cell went belly-up with Conviction it would be amazing to see a new Thief.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I've never played the Thief series before, so I guess I'll take a look at it.fr