Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
theultimateend said:
Baresark said:
Milanezi said:
Ralen-Sharr said:
janitor gets minor injuries, security guard escapes without injury

robbery took 40 minutes

did the security guard even try to do something about this?
He was trying to find the stolen items via the "Find my iPhone" app lol

By the way, once those items get their register number into the mac network it'll be easy to locate whomever bought them and create a link to whomever was behind it, right?
I'm sure they are going to sell them on the street with substantial amounts of protection from Anonymity. It's more than likely those guys will never be found. It's not like the perpetrators are going to activating all the devices.
It would be stupid to ask them to do anything more.

iPhones mean shit compared to a humans life or health.
I think you quoted me by accident. It sounds like you are talking about the staff that were there or aware of the robbery. I agree, doing more than what they did would be so stupid, it's ridiculous. Life always preempts everything else.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Baresark said:
theultimateend said:
Baresark said:
Milanezi said:
Ralen-Sharr said:

robbery took 40 minutes

By the way, once those items get their register number into the mac network it'll be easy to locate whomever bought them and create a link to whomever was behind it, right?
I'm sure they are going to sell them on the street with substantial amounts of protection from Anonymity. It's more than likely those guys will never be found. It's not like the perpetrators are going to activating all the devices.

I think you quoted me by accident. It sounds like you are talking about the staff that were there or aware of the robbery. I agree, doing more than what they did would be so stupid, it's ridiculous. Life always preempts everything else.
HAH! Indeed I did!

Man...you use a kettle bell for exercises ONCE and it totally throws off your ability to do anything.

That sounds like an innuendo, but I'm serious, I haven't exercised in years and finally decided to try again in earnest and I've gone full idiot physically and mentally the day after.

Recovery is not going well.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
$1.23? I bet even Apple Jack couldn't even eat all those apples!

OT:I would like to know how they plan on selling all this shit without getting caught...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
theultimateend said:
Baresark said:
theultimateend said:
Baresark said:
Milanezi said:
Ralen-Sharr said:

robbery took 40 minutes

HAH! Indeed I did!

Man...you use a kettle bell for exercises ONCE and it totally throws off your ability to do anything.

That sounds like an innuendo, but I'm serious, I haven't exercised in years and finally decided to try again in earnest and I've gone full idiot physically and mentally the day after.

Recovery is not going well.
I know the feeling. I started working out again and i swear for a solid week my IQ dropped by 25 points. No worries man, you'll be back into the swing of things in no time.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Karloff said:
The armed raiders, four or five men
But, but... there are strict gun control laws in France, don't those armed robbers know that!? How could this possibly happen?

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
tangoprime said:
Karloff said:
But, but... there are strict gun control laws in France, don't those armed robbers know that!? How could this possibly happen?
And 28 people died, 22 of which were children... oh wait that was the incident in America totally the same thing. Maybe they were armed with spud guns????!!!!! Surely they are outlawed too!!!!!! Zomg

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
doggie015 said:
tangoprime said:
Karloff said:
Don't you DARE try to turn this into a debate about gun control and it's merits or nonexistent lack thereof! The security guard probably had a weapon... in a holster... and it would be either a pistol possibly semi-automatic or a taser.. there were 4 men in the raid, all armed. Would you try and take on one of them in that situation?
There went the point WAY over your head. I wasn't talking about the poor security guard defending himself, he did exactly the right thing in this case. I was referring to the fact that the 4-5 "armed raiders" were likely using weapons obtained or possessed illegally, i.e. making something illegal doesn't proclude it's use by criminals.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
$1.23? I bet even Apple Jack couldn't even eat all those apples!

OT:I would like to know how they plan on selling all this shit without getting caught...
Well they could use store exchange policy to there advantage.... it might be the same in Europe as the US but you can take back any gift to say a walmart or target or any big retail chain and get a gift card with the value of the item then buy something and take that back later and get cash or put directly on the credit card. I mean if they sell the items they stole on the streets and did the return thing a couple of times they could have gift cards that they would be able to buy everything from that store for a while i mean if they split the merch and say each person brings back 5 macbook pros or iphone 5's to various stores around the area they could take those gift cards and buy stuff from said stores and have almost no trail at all. I mean i was in a walmart the other day and i gave them something that i bought from target and got a gift card then bought something for around the same amount of money and went straight from the registrar to the returns and got back the money on the gift card.

If they were smart they could use this system and just load gift cards and spend them on items they want with almost no trail and they could just rotate stores and people and get more than likely 50k out of this just from the stores which they could spend to eather A) Buy items they want or B) Use what i use and get the money back

They could actually afford to travel europe doing this as well they could possible get 200k out by the time that the holiday return dates end and have a bunch of stuff that would look like they had bought it legally with gift cards or they would just cash the stores out some money and sell the rest in other places like craigslist, ebay, or other online stores.

TL:DR Theives could abuse gift returning and websites to get them money and lots of items they want

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
BakedZnake said:
tangoprime said:
Karloff said:
And 28 people died, 22 of which were children... oh wait that was the incident in America totally the same thing. Maybe they were armed with spud guns????!!!!! Surely they are outlawed too!!!!!! Zomg
30 people were killed on the night of 21 May 1938 in Tsuyama, Japan by a derenged 21 year old with a browning shotgun, sword, and axe in a country with a history of strict weapon control laws since the 17th century, so what's your point?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
First - wiiU gets stolen.
Now - Apple get robbed.

Wait a minute, could it be, that we got criminals, actually doing us ap ublic service?

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
tangoprime said:
BakedZnake said:
tangoprime said:
Karloff said:
30 people were killed on the night of 21 May 1938 in Tsuyama, Japan by a derenged 21 year old with a browning shotgun, sword, and axe in a country with a history of strict weapon control laws since the 17th century, so what's your point?
lol you want to go further back into history to find an example?

Shaevar

Jan 29, 2011
tangoprime said:
Karloff said:
NO.

Do NOT take one tiny fact and use it to dismiss a national policy. It doesn't work like this. One event is useless to assess how a gun control policy work: you have to use nation-wide statistics for one or two years at least.

Using one lone event to discredit a policy as large as gun control is intellectually dishonest.