Things From Skyrim You'd Like to See in Fallout 4

Durzo_Blint

Apr 7, 2011
In which case, you're perfectly able to either side with Mr House, and use his droid army to force the NCR and the Legion to take their fight somewhere else, or side with Yes Man, and pretty much take over the strip yourself.

New Vegas is not focused on a binary Legion/NCR choice. They are simply two factions that you can side with, and the game gives you options to side with plenty more. If you felt like the NCR and Legion were both acting like cunts, then the game gives you the option to fire up Mr Houses robot army and tell them so yourself.
But that's the point, at no part of the game did I feel connected to the main story or either faction or even the future of New Vegas. Hell, your character's a courier and he goes from that to master negotiator/warlord of the Legion. That's why I've still not gotten round to finishing it, I have no drive to finish either campaign or put up with the annoying frigging Yes Man.

You mean the father who is so very proud of you, regardless of whether you're a Megaton-destroying, ghoul-hating, karma-in-the-negative-numbers sort of person or not? And the legacy which forces you to sacrifice yourself for the greater good of the wasteland, regardless of whether you've already established your character as a self-centred, egotistical prick who cares nothing for no-one else?

That's really great role-playing there.
Yes, that one. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing, although I didn't really have a problem with this since I only ever play the game as a self-centered, egotistical prick who cares nothing for no-one else to get the trophies. Overall though, I thought it made a lot more sense than NEVER coming across someone who already knows you even though you've worked through the Mojave your whole life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on New Vegas, I enjoyed the game and I did love the way it expanded the world of Fallout, but I just never felt like I was role playing through it the way I did in F3. It didn't immerse me in the world as much as it's predecessor... Plus cazador's were just too fucking difficult to kill!

TAdamson

Jun 20, 2012
Durzo_Blint said:
I don't understand the hate Fallout 3 is getting? Especially saying New Vegas had the better story. New Vegas' main plot stopped being important when you finally catch up with Benny, you had ZERO motive to actually continue with the NCR Vs Legion plot because both camps routinely acted like c**ts.
Well you could have always sided with Paul Ryan.... I mean Mr. House.

Or say fuck them all and take control of the strip for yourself.

Or you could have killed everybody and blown up the dam because reasons.

But I did like that the ultra goody-two-shoes factions were at the level of an NGO. (And a street gang if you count the Kings.) I prefer moral questions in game when they pertain to more than "Ultimate good and virtuousness" vs "I will kill this puppy". Grey vs grey choices give me a feeling of better verisimilitude.

That said this was more of a grey vs grey vs grey vs stupid evil choice. Might have been nice to have provided some way for the "light side" factions to prevail.

I do wish that the Legion were less cunty. A Roman style society with proper sanitation and plumbing would have been interesting to fight for. Maybe even have a Senate; you could have double intrigue with the senate having sent Ceasar out to quell the tribes and have him going too far, JLIRL.

And how can you have a game called New Vegas with a Roman themed army and not have a Caesar's Palace?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'd like to see the dialogue written by Obsidian and have the world built by Bethesda. Not much from Skyrim I'd like really, apart form the sprint button.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Gorilla Gunk said:
Also the ability to craft and name your own custom weapons would be sweet.
I already do that in all my games. For instance In BF3 my L96 is named "Vera", In NV my AMR is named "Betty", in Skyrim my light armor is called "Rob", and in Fallout 3 I named my MIRV "Bob". Already unofficially implemented.

I want all the little things from Skyrim. Things like finding a group of enemies attacking a guard patrol or a random wild beastie, the ability to pick any lock at any difficulty level, and Skyrim's levelling system. Mostly the latter two.

Also Modders, I'm still waiting on a mod for Skyrim that introduces OP spiders that use the tentacle mod from Oblivion and are hostile to everything. Would go great in the Thalmor Embassy. Just think about it.

TAdamson

Jun 20, 2012
Trees?

I'd like to see more trees and snow. Especially since we're going to another new region. There is no reason why the planet would be entirely desert apart from some small areas.

The opportunity to play as different races would be nice as well. Why can't I be a Ghoul or a Super Mutant or even a NightKin?

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Muspelheim said:
Another thing I'd like would be horses. Mutated ones with a horn, maybe, or at least some form of mount.
Not horses, motorcycles. I had kinda wanted one in Fallout 3, but much more in New Vegas.

Aside from that: the non-time freezing dialogue system that you can exit any time and sprint button would fit well.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I want them to come up with a new name for the same engine. OH WAIT.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
I liked Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas equally much, I don't understand the hate either of those games nor do I care. I enjoyed playing them and that's good for me.

Now, I would really much like the ability to have some sort of transportation, a mutated horse perhaps or to spend a few thousand caps to get parts and repair an old motorbike (sure is a lot of those around).

You wouldn't be able to ride all over the place, but some roads sure are clear of obstacles, shame not to use them.

themind

Jan 22, 2012
1. Sprinting. Could use up AP or have its own meter, but being able to move rapidly would be awesome.

2. Dual-Wielding: Gun in one hand, powerfist in the other? Gun and grenade, two handguns. Gotta love the possible combinations.

3. Similar quick menu: I like the hotkeys from Fallout, but pausing the game to allow you to choose would be nice.

4. Levelling system: My current Fallout: NV character has killed 200 creatures with guns, but I haven't added one point to my guns skill. It's just a little stupid that I can get my lockpick up to 100 without ever picking a lock.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
1. Same (Or similar) leveling system, i like how if i want to level up a specific skill i have to use that specific skill, ive never pickpocketed before but somehow im already rank 50 at it.

2. Duel wield small weapons, 2 sub-machines guns or 2 pistols, or use a big rifle instead that counts as a 2 hander.

3. More character creation variety, i don't expect to run around as a ghoul or super mutant but more expanding options of hair, face, weight etc would be good.

4. Some sort of sprinting method, i hate just teleporting from here to there but its just to slow to walk.

5. Now this isn't from skyrim but who cares, some sort of ability to combine 2 pieces of armor (Not repair) lets say for this example its a chestpiece:

I like the look of Chest A.
But chest B has better stats.
I choose to go to a certain NPC (theres say 2 or 3 in the game at certain towns).
He charges me a chunk of money (Alot so you dont do it every 10 minutes but not enough to make you broke.
He gives me a chestpiece with the visuals of Chest A, but the stats of Chest B.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I really, really want dual weapons; throughout fallout 3 & NV, I always wondered why the hell no-one runs & guns with dual magnums/smgs; it would certainly spice up the game's pace and make firefights more intense.

In addition, I would like to see more varied scenery and an actually, grand, epic, open world; when I played NV, I was disappointed that freeside was the only Vegas slum with some actual character and a wide variety of quests; the Fallout games never actually provide a strong enough sense of loneliness(like in say, Metro 2033) to highlight the liveliness of human settlements, so every village/slum I came across felt rather boring and uninteresting, whereas in Skyrim, this is somewhat achieved on the dovahkiin's journey to High Hrothgar; the journey actually felt exhausting and gave an impression that your character has gone through some sort of pilgrimage, at the end of which, you were genuinely delighted to see some form of non-hostile life.

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
I think sprinting would be good, not sure how much it's needed but it doesn't hurt. Dual-wielding could work quite well, with small guns (9 or 10mm) or small melee (knives, tire irons). Crafting can continue with ammo, weapons, and food. Non-freezing conversations would be great, non-VATS kill cams with melee would be nice. And please no essential NPCs, when I genocide a town I don't want stragglers.

The VATS system needs a major improvement and I think that they should take lessons from Sniper Elite 2, since the slow-mo x-ray kill cams in that game are unreal. I also didn't like when you'd shoot someone in the arm and both their legs blew off. Maybe even a dismemberment feature would be cool, have someone keep fighting with one arm, or crawling towards you legless.

New Vegas followers were the best, as they had back-stories and the companion wheel was awesome, but I liked Skyrim's too. Marriage in Fallout may be kind of unneccesary. Since Skyrim had horse combat, maybe bikes could make an appearance?

New creatures would be cool, if they end up doing stuff in a city they could have fun with that, keeping radroaches but adding mutant rats, maybe even alligators in the sewer lol. Maybe feature a zoo with a variety of animals all stuck in that one area.

P.S. Why must everyone hate on Fallout 3? It was fantastic.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
NickBrahz said:
1. Same (Or similar) leveling system, i like how if i want to level up a specific skill i have to use that specific skill, ive never pickpocketed before but somehow im already rank 50 at it.

2. Duel wield small weapons, 2 sub-machines guns or 2 pistols, or use a big rifle instead that counts as a 2 hander.

3. More character creation variety, i don't expect to run around as a ghoul or super mutant but more expanding options of hair, face, weight etc would be good.

4. Some sort of sprinting method, i hate just teleporting from here to there but its just to slow to walk.

5. Now this isn't from skyrim but who cares, some sort of ability to combine 2 pieces of armor (Not repair) lets say for this example its a chestpiece:

I like the look of Chest A.
But chest B has better stats.
I choose to go to a certain NPC (theres say 2 or 3 in the game at certain towns).
He charges me a chunk of money (Alot so you dont do it every 10 minutes but not enough to make you broke.
He gives me a chestpiece with the visuals of Chest A, but the stats of Chest B.
Quoting to save time, ^all this plus a quick travel caravan and something that you could ride a bike would make sense.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Mounted travel*, caravans, weather, conversations that don't STOP EVERYTHING and zoom in on
the (more often than not) ugly fuck you're talking to, and marriage.

(*'radgoats' or motorcycles, idk)

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
Cheesepower5 said:
I want dragons in the next FO game. Big, scaley, fire-breathimg dragons.
Flying Deathclaws. Oh my God. It's like if they cross bred with a Cazadore.
You know, I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to add an import for Fallout 3, but if they did for Vegas, and you beat Old World Blues... Imagine what the Courier could get up to!

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
SweetLiquidSnake said:
I think sprinting would be good, not sure how much it's needed but it doesn't hurt. Dual-wielding could work quite well, with small guns (9 or 10mm) or small melee (knives, tire irons). Crafting can continue with ammo, weapons, and food. Non-freezing conversations would be great, non-VATS kill cams with melee would be nice. And please no essential NPCs, when I genocide a town I don't want stragglers.

The VATS system needs a major improvement and I think that they should take lessons from Sniper Elite 2, since the slow-mo x-ray kill cams in that game are unreal. I also didn't like when you'd shoot someone in the arm and both their legs blew off. Maybe even a dismemberment feature would be cool, have someone keep fighting with one arm, or crawling towards you legless.

New Vegas followers were the best, as they had back-stories and the companion wheel was awesome, but I liked Skyrim's too. Marriage in Fallout may be kind of unneccesary. Since Skyrim had horse combat, maybe bikes could make an appearance?

New creatures would be cool, if they end up doing stuff in a city they could have fun with that, keeping radroaches but adding mutant rats, maybe even alligators in the sewer lol. Maybe feature a zoo with a variety of animals all stuck in that one area.

P.S. Why must everyone hate on Fallout 3? It was fantastic.
Most people like it too, but Vegas had SO much better writing and companions (Sorry Fawkes, but Boone headshotted you before you left DC), and it's also more recent.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I'd like to see nothing of Skyrim in the next Fallout or indeed any other game. I'd like to see innovation for once and not have the same rubbish recycled because developers seek ideas from fanboys and other games, rather than having an original idea and having the balls to make it happen.

Under such rationalisation i guess all i can ask for is that it comes out on the same console and uses the same joypad as Skyrim :p

EDIT: Why is everyone so down on Fallout 3? It was a great game that didn't have a shit story and had bucket loads of stuff to investigate...all mixed with humour. New Vegas took that great game and added a few weapons and creatures to it. The only real difference is the VATS system wasn't as amusing or usefull and there was no railway rifle to pin heads up everywhere. The grenade mg was probably amusements counter-part. The people who say they hate 1 of them and love the other are just morons. You dislike the story, not the game...stop being so fucking childish...and if all you like is the story then fuck off and watch a movie and leave the games to gamers!