things that disgust you

Mad as a Hatter

Sep 23, 2014
what things disgust you? No i'm not talking about messy rooms or food that's gone bad. I'm talking about things that disgust you personally. I hate materialism in my opinion if you think you need objects to enjoy life then i find you disgusting human being. Believes like that just make me vomit. Remember i'm not saying buying stuff is bad you can buy stuff to for entertainment, I have a problem with believe that you need stuff in order to life properly you don't need that toothbrush 5000 with extra thin vibrating brushes.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
riiiiight....

while this might be a statement best reserved for R&P I don't think it would find much disagreement here

and that would be putting being a good "Christian" over being a good person...to be specific people who throw their kids out for being gay

I mean you don't think gayness is ok then fine, if you stipulated that they "couldn't do that kind of thing" under your house I'd call you a hypocrite but [I/]fine[/I] its your house your rules

but as soon as you cease contact or throw them out then you lose all sympathy from me and are a terrible person

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Probably people who are only concerned with their own personal well being. Concern for others and the larger group like family, and community is part of being ethically mature in my book. When an adult acts without any concern for people other then themselves it just pisses me off. I mean anything from stealing to not flushing public toilets. I hate it and the people that do it.

Vault101 said:
riiiiight....

while this might be a statement best reserved for R&P I don't think it would find much disagreement here

and that would be putting being a good Christian over being a good person...to be specific people who throw their kids out for being gay

I mean you don't think gayness is ok then fine, if you stipulated that they "couldn't do that kind of thing" under your house I'd call you a hypocrite but [I/]fine[/I] its your house your rules

but as soon as you cease contact or throw them out then you lose all sympathy from me and are a terrible person
I'd like to point out that throwing out your child because they're gay is an incredibly unchristian thing to do.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
I'd like to point out that throwing out your child because they're gay is an incredibly unchristian thing to do.
so's not giving to charity but hey! Murica's brand of Christianity has the monopoly on morality apparently!

I'm not trying to bash Christians...just "chrsitians" I saw the documentary "for the bible tells me so" and was honestly a little chuffed over the ones who DID accept their children, because their environment was so utterly against, that's something I can respect

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Generally, for me it's people who hurt others for their own amusement. You know, the "I was bored, so I decided to throw rocks at that guy," kind of amusement. It goes without saying, I despise trolls because of that. Doesn't matter what the offense is, if the reason is boredom then screw that guy.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
sageoftruth said:
Generally, for me it's people who hurt others for their own amusement. You know, the "I was bored, so I decided to throw rocks at that guy," kind of amusement. It goes without saying, I despise trolls because of that. Doesn't matter what the offense is, if the reason is boredom then screw that guy.
similar thing is people who used their own fucked-upness as an excuse to hurt others

I'm talking about 4chan

I'm sure there are many decent functional; 4chan users, the kind I'm talking about. the kind that have popped up here (who may even be making it all up) the kind who basically live by the "if everythings a joke/offensive then nothing can hurt me" mentality

this sort of spills over into the "cult of logic" idea (idolising people like Yahtzee)...people romanticise mild apathy, to misanthropy to sociopathy because of the notion that emotions outside of anger are trite/silly and because if you don't emotionally invest in anything then you can't get hurt

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Vault101 said:
riiiiight....

and that would be putting being a good "Christian" over being a good person...to be specific people who throw their kids out for being gay

I don't even want to get into an argument about this. But if someone doesn't condone or accept something, ceasing cotsct could be benificial for all parties involved. Throwing someone out is harsh especially if they have no where to go . But ceasing contact because you cannot accept is a resonable thing to do. Why make everyones life awkward and miserable. I rather stop seeing someone rather than fell anxiety because i want to bring my ( hypothetical , i'm not gay i swear) same sex partner to meet the parents.

OT: people that cannot / will not , try and see someone elses point of view. You don't have to agree, but dont be so damn narrow minded.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
krazykidd said:
I don't even want to get into an argument about this. But if someone doesn't condone or accept something, ceasing cotsct could be benificial for all parties involved. Throwing someone out is harsh especially if they have no where to go . But ceasing contact because you cannot accept is a resonable thing to do. Why make everyones life awkward and miserable. I rather stop seeing someone rather than fell anxiety because i want to bring my ( hypothetical , i'm not gay i swear[footnote/]its ok I believe you[/footnote]) same sex partner to meet the parents.
I did think about the wording of that part because yeah unfortunately not seeing them might be the only way to save ones sanity

but I still think immediately cutting off contact with your kid because of THAT is a terrible thing to do,

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Combining food with sex. I don't know what it is, but whenever I see someone break out whipped cream of some shit in a movie thinking it is sexy, I can't help but start gagging. I just see eating and sex as 2 things that should NOT be mixed and I can't overcome that.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Vault101 said:
krazykidd said:
I don't even want to get into an argument about this. But if someone doesn't condone or accept something, ceasing cotsct could be benificial for all parties involved. Throwing someone out is harsh especially if they have no where to go . But ceasing contact because you cannot accept is a resonable thing to do. Why make everyones life awkward and miserable. I rather stop seeing someone rather than fell anxiety because i want to bring my ( hypothetical , i'm not gay i swear[footnote/]its ok I believe you[/footnote]) same sex partner to meet the parents.
I did think about the wording of that part because yeah unfortunately not seeing them might be the only way to save ones sanity

but I still think immediately cutting off contact with your kid because of THAT is a terrible thing to do,
Depends. Children are people like everyone else. Parents cut off relations with their children for various reasons. Kids cut off relations with their parents for various reasons. A person ( in general) should never be forced to endure something they can not or don't want to handle. I don't think anyone should be OBLIGATED to deal with something no matter how big or little. It's not a matter of " you are my kid so i will tolerate everything you do, right ot wrong.

It doesn't have to necessarily be about sexuality either, many things provoke situations like that. Interacial couples for example. I don't think it's as black and white as " you don't accept this, therefor you are a bad person".

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
People who are constantly on their cell phones. You're driving, get off your damn phone and pay attention to the road. You're in a movie theater, shut the fuck up so the people around you can enjoy the show. You're at a restaurant, put the damn thing away and enjoy the company you're physically with instead of making it awkward for everyone around you.

Also, I use an iPhone 4. I didn't even want an iPhone (I was perfectly happy with my old black Razr), but I was given it as a gift by my sister. I don't use it for anything other than phone calls and texting. I have ZERO interest in apps, web browsing, gaming, etc. with my cell phone. So next time some fuckwit looks down on me with genuine pity because I didn't shell out hundreds of my hard-earned dollars to replace my still-completely-functional phone with the latest version, I might just have to introduce their jaw to the curb. But I'll probably just continue my current course of action, which mostly consists of mocking them in my head for being a bunch of marketing-brainwashed idiots.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
krazykidd said:
but I'm talking about this specific reason

saying "oh your gay I never want to talk to you again" is shitty and I find little justification in it aside from the fact that sometimes people will not come around

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's kind of easy to just name a bunch of shitty practices. I mean, I loath the way certain parts of Africa treat albinos, or how Russia treats gays, but even mentioning it is just gonna piss me off since I can't do anything to stop it.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I hate myself to a degree that I always avoid reading up on controversial things or even discussing it. Today I started trying to break out of that by having looked up some stuff on BBC, because being 24 and out of College, it's going to get really unacceptable real quick to not know stuff going on in the world. Part of it doesn't help that I despise all American new programs, but the BBC website so far is quite promising. Speaking of learning stuff that I hate...

Isis. I knew they were bad but I spent a good hour looking over many different things and it's just disgusting. I won't go into detail because it's well known at this point.

There are other things I hate about myself, but that's for another time.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Rapists. People that condone rape & rape culture. Abusers, especially ones that abuse those close to them. People that advocate abuse. People who abuse animals. People that go out of their way to harm the environment. Men that think women should be treated as sub-human. People and/or organizations that advocate genocide.

...Okay, I don't want to get in too deep into this stuff. Gotta try keep things civil, yeah? Something more personal: I'm tolerant of blood and gore in the vast majority of cases. I can even resist trypophobia pretty well. But teeth getting mutilated/pulled out/hurt in any way on someone that's conscious? God, I get queasy from the thought. Not sure if it qualifies as a full-out phobia since I don't receive noticeable panic attacks from it. But I still have a hard time visiting the dentist.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Damaging another persons property and/or stuff.
If you own a gaming console and like throwing your control into the wall when you fail at something, feel free. But don't do it with my controllers!
Same goes for graffiti in public places (unless there's a wall meant for it, like there are a few in my hometown) or throwing rocks through your school windows.
Stuff like this.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Guffe said:
Same goes for graffiti in public places this.
uggghhhh I hate it so much

I'm willing to give it a free pass if it looks good but someone crappy fucking tag scrawled on a way is just STUPID, your not cool youre a god damn vandalising little shit *nnnrrrgggghhh*

sorry