Things that make you ask "What where they thinking?"

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The revamped Playstation Store.

It fucking sucks. It's slow, dark, and dreary, as opposed to the the swift, soft blue store we used to have. The dive in speed is the real kicker though. It takes atleast 30 seconds to load the damn thing up. And for what, for more of an iPad image? Thankfully on the PS4 it runs superfast, but on the PS3 it's still a fucking snail. And that when the original store was perfectly fine and quick. And oddly enough a lot of games with a direct PSS connection will still sport the old lay-out.

Also, I heard from someone they had to pay 8 bucks for the enclosure of their medicine at the farmacy. And they weren't allowed to take it without the enclosure, eventhough the instructions are always printed right on the box. Our medical care is just getter better and better. Paying more to pay more. Brilliant!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That news thread posted on here weeks ago about some resturant serving human heads. Seriosuly they must had no brains into thinking it was a good idea with no repercussions at all.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The president of Uganda, when he outlawed homosexuality last week under penalty of life sentencing.
On a milder note, the Xbone's official presentation.

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Mersadeon said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Mersadeon said:
Many of those guns take the bayonet into account and actually have the front sight built into the bayonet, or tall sights behind the bayonet so that the bayonet doesn't obscure the sights. Is it kind of silly? Yeah, but it works perfectly well.
Well, I looked it up again. I specifically meant the use of Socket Bayonets by the french in the late 1600s and early 1700s - they actually didn't incorporate the sight into the bayonet. They just put the bayonet on top of it so you couldn't aim.
In fairness, aiming wasn't exactly a priority back then.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
People who are paying thousands of dollars for college courses, then don't bother to show up 1/3rd of the time, and don't bother to do the homework when they do show up. Why are you even enrolled in school? You clearly don't care about learning anything or graduating.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
People who use cell phones/texting while driving. In my country it's against the law but impossible to enforce. Every driving school you ever go to will emphasize again and again how important giving your 100% undivided attention is to look well ahead and check your mirror every 10 seconds minimum, particularly in winter weather. A recent study put it right up there with drunkeness as a leading cause of accidents.

But of course none of that applies to you, does it? No, YOU won't crash because everyone KNOWS to get out of your way, and talking to your boyfriend or whatever is SO much more important than paying attention to the road. Perhaps I'm a bit sensitive to this because I only got my full license a few years ago and thus had to watch grisly videos of all the horrible, life-ending things that can happen when you drive distracted, but there you go.

Also, customers of the type mentioned in this blog post:

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/08/18/maybe-you-get-bad-customer-service-because-youre-a-bad-customer/

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Can I just say everything in every game that the AVGN ever reviewed? No? Too easy? Well then, everything Microsoft said about the Xbox One until Sony made it clear they weren't going to be dicking over their customers too, the recent anti-gay bills that nearly got passed in some southern states, Final Fantasy 13 getting so many direct sequels while the classic ones like 4 and 6 get ignored (4 technically got one, but I'm kinda iffy on it counting) and Dungeon Keeper Mobile.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
CrazyGirl17 said:
The Wykydtron said:
Okay, fair enough, I guess there are worse animes out there, but if you're a Trnaformers fan, this one can rub you the wrong way. Admittedly, a lot of Japanese Transformers fan don't like it either, so that's something

You want the really batshit stuff? Then look up Apocalypse Zero and/or Violence Jack. Just don't say I idn't try to warn you...
Apocalypse Zero...only ever saw clips from the Anime Abandon review of it...but I think I got a damn good image of what it's all about. ...THAT GUY'S FACE! I mean, Jesus Christ, the Japanese were all mouthing WTF while watching this too right?

RiseUp

Jan 31, 2014
Well there I was, enjoying the hell out of Bioshock Infinite, when I stumble into Emporia's graveyard. The boss fight that followed was an awful slog against an enemy that, for the challenge it provided, was surprisingly boring to fight. I finally ended up (re-) killing her, and with my task finished, I moved on with the rest of the level. I arrived at the Bank of the Prophet and groaned when I realized that I would have to go through the same fight all over again. When I reached the third fight with Lady Comstock, I paused the game, went to get a smoothie with a friend, and came back to finish that awful boss fight hours later, when I was less angry at the game. It picked up again soon that, but I have no idea what Irrational was thinking repeating that same fight twice.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
Zontar said:
There are always things that make no logical sense from the costumer point of view. Some examples are the Windows 8 user interface for anyone using it on a computer or cellphone. So what are ones that bug you, and why?
That to me makes no logical sense to me putting the metro UI of Windows phone on computers when it works on tablets and computers along with Windows RT not letting me get any full desktop programs. Also the policies of Xbox One, DC's reboot again, Google+ being integrated into YouTube and the Koennigsegg CCX trying to kill you due to no downforce on the back making it a coffin with the power to make a Veyron wary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxRpqeqFRY