Things that make you want to punch your computer.

Ultracake

Aug 18, 2009
The lack of an mmo i actually want to play.

Then again, this computers new. so i probably wouldn't punch it

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
4chan
questionable sites suddenly switching to an advert half way through a video
media converter not working any more
certain individuals
that kinda thing..

[edit] oh! and just now my itunes has stopped opening, so now i cant listen to music, since almost all of it will only open in itunes

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Lag? Check. Speed of internet shite? Check. BSOD? Check.

Verdict. Screen dented in obvious middle.

Ossum

Apr 19, 2009
Good god, this is almost like a support forum.

Lord_Duke said:
Nothing badly enough to actually want to punch it nowadays but i hate it when WMP replays the same 10 songs in shuffle and i cant do shit about it,
WMP is rather ass for everybody; they wrote a "random" function, not a "shuffle" one which would mark tracks as having been played and skip them until everything has been played at least once. I use foobar2000 because it's light on resources; other media player camps will have their recommendations.

CrazyHaircut94 said:
When Spotify plays 5 commercials in a row when I'm in dire need of good music.
Congrats, looks like Spotify is duplicating the car radio experience then, that being the playing of endless commercials while you sit at traffic lights, and starting up the good music just before you park and leave your car.

arrow_storm said:
Definately Lag,
also ppl who cant take a joke on forums
and when Firefox crashes mysteriously.
Keep only the bare minimum of add-ons, and set your history and cache to be very small so Firefox isn't shoving a lot of data around.

ninja_thae said:
When it freezes up for a minute and a half forty seconds before my term paper is due for my online class.
What I do in these cases is go to the campus; you can usually pull up three or four computers all at once and post your paper on the best performer. Make sure you've typed it up on a flash drive or something.

PayJ567 said:
My pc's good and all but I can't open the network and sharing center so I have to pray to the lords at belkin that its connected to the internet, or I have to restart the pc as I have no way of re-searching for a connection. And my word 2007 re-configures everytime I open it but hey I geuse, I get what I didn'.... Did pay for and support microsoft office programs all the time. *cough*
Try each one, rebooting after you do one.
1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. One of the best nag-free malware scanners available.
2. In the same Run box type "regsvr32 netcenter.dll" and press Enter (no quotes).
3. Go to Start, Run. Type "sfc /scannow" in the box and press Enter (no quotes). There's a good chance it'll ask for your Windows CD.

For Word 2007:
Go to Start, Run. Type "reg add HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Office\\12.0\\Word\\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1" in the box and press Enter.(no quotes) That should stop the reconfiguring.
(note: If you're on Vista or 7:
1. Go to Start, type in cmd. It'll show up at the top of the start bar.
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+Enter. Click Yes at the UAC prompt.
3. Type "reg add HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Office\\12.0\\Word\\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1" and press Enter (no quotes).

RobThePrezodent said:
everything my laptop does. its so unbelievably slow and whenever you do something it takes a minute to realise that you did something before considering whether or not to react to this.
Right-click your taskbar, select Start Task Manager. Click the Processes Tab. Click CPU twice. Find the process eating most of your time. If none are consuming a lot, then:
1. You're infected and it's hiding itself. You need virus and malware scanning.
2. You need more memory. Luckily this is cheap.
3. Your hard drive may be going bad. In a Run box type in "chkdsk C: /v /r" and press Enter (no quotes). It'll ask if you want to run the scan the next time Windows starts. Press Y and enter, then reboot. Let the scan run; if it finds bad sectors, replace that drive quick (after putting your critical data elsewhere).

LordCuthberton said:
[HEADING=2]IT WON'T BLOODY CHARGE THE BATTERY![/HEADING]
Batteries older than a year are, well, crapshoots. Li-Ion batteries are nice but they don't age well. Othwerwise, there's a problem with the battery pack (if you have a friend with the same PC, try his battery) or with the charging circuit.

Sometimes the fix is to remove the battery for a few days. The electronics in the battery will reset and charging may work again.

Scrythe said:
Having 8gb of RAM, a 1gb gfx card, and a quad-core processor, and Vista is still slower than cold molasses.
msconfig is the cure for what ails ya. Start, Run, msconfig, Enter. Go to Startup tab. Uncheck everything you don't want running on startup.

Mikri Shogun

Jun 28, 2008
I have broken 3 mouses due to heavy WoW PvP activity.My new mouse has survived 6 whole months,I guess my PvP skills have increased!!! But I would NEVER,EVER punch my computer for any reason!!! On the contrary,I constantly take care of it and clean it thoroughly so that it will continue to work properly for many,many years...

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
when it says it encountered an error and needs to close when im on the last level of something

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
Vrex360 said:
The frustration of running out of my monthly downloads way too early and having to sit through a whole month of not being able to do even simple tasks without struggling. That makes me mad like you would not believe, I hate it when the computer gets so slow that even asking to access my email is like asking it to dance on a uni cycle.
Worse still, last time I lost my download limit due to a glitch in the system that cut it off prematurely.
lol i reset last night and i have used 50GB's i am so screwed in 1 month's time.

bloody telstra

BKtheKITTY

Jun 24, 2009
I'm being forced to use a wireless 02 dongle to get internets, I can't catch up on Bad Machinery, watch Zero Punctuation, I'm having to use Semaphore to contact my friends because Instant Messengers don't work without the Instant aspect...

Really I want to punch the universe. Which includes all the physical parts of my laptop. Though not the Alternate Reality Demons that power it. "Electricity" my ass.

necrosmash

May 4, 2009
My laptop's monitor keeps flickering really badly and making a noise like there's a moth trapped inside it. Punching it would probably only make matters worse, though.