Things that were once great, but just need to die now.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokémon and Star Wars all need to be put out of their misery. At least in my opinion.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
pspman45 said:
Mario, and all those stupid separate games that are always shit Ex: Mario Tennis
I would just ax the spin-off shit sans Paper Mario and Mario Kart. SMB Wii was stupid and easily doable on a portable system. Both Galaxy games brought in new ideas to the platforming genre, and it was admitted from day one that the sequel was just an excuse to fool around with the concept and had a weak plot so it wouldn't be constricted by a story. Most of the bitching about Mario games on The Escapist are about the character instead of the ACTUAL FUCKING GAMES.

At least Mario games are still good, which is more than I can say for Sonic.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
tigermilk said:
... Simpsons is another obvious example. During most of the 90's it was the best thing on American TV (to my mind Sopranos took that title in 1999*). God I miss The Simpsons being good. Unfortunately this tends to be a trend for a lot of American TV. ...
Yes, the Simpsons should have died sometime in the 2000s. Watching some of the old great episodes actually makes me a bit sad, since I know how bad it all became.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
I'm going to disagree with those who said Final Fantasy (everyone). Yes, 10 Was boring trite with the worst main character ever. Although I havent played it, I'll also believe you in that 13 was crap. I don't care what you people say though, 12 is a mighty fine game.
It's very un-linear, thus there's a lot of freedom so you're free to explore and do what you want. The story is pretty simple, but that doesn't mean it's bad, I still like it a lot. I also really like almost all of the characters (Balthier anyone?). The voice acting is great too. I also enjoy the setting and world a lot, despite the technology and high-techiness, it's still pretty Medieval fantasy-ish compared to 10 and 13's weird settings, wich I think is a breath of fresh air. The battle system isn't particularly great though, and the millions of trash mobs can get boring at times, but fights with bosses and special enemies are a lot of fun, the boss fights with the first two judges were great and pretty damn hard, especially the second one, I barely won it, right in the nick of time. I'm still only half way into the game though, so I don't know if the game get's worse later on, but I doubt it.
I don't understand Vaan and Penelo though, what's their purpose? What do they add to the story? They should've made Ashe, Basch or Balthier the main character instead of Vaan, they're actually involved with the plot and they're characters I like muchly.

Aaaanyway, on topic:

Blizzard entertainment. Most Starcraft fans that also play 2 can tell you that the multiplayer of Starcraft 2 is pretty bland shit compared to the original. The stories of Warcraft and Starcraft are also butchered beyond repair thanks to WoW and Chris Metzen. Chris Metzen is an unoriginal robot that regurgitates the same plot every time. Seriously, the overmind was a puppet all along? Fuck that. The three races are going to set aside their differences to defeat a greater threat a la Warcraft 3 again......? And what the fuck is up with a prophecy and TIDINGS OF DOOOOOOOOM in my Starcraft?
Blizzard lost it's originality after the succes of WoW. I shed a single nerd tear, looking at the uninspired undying zombie it has become.

Hating Justin Bieber, it's getting old guys, stop it.

Also mainstream music, I'm not trying to be cool by hating it, it's just that it's all simple and lame music. When my favorite hardrock bands have a new album, the most popular song from that album is usually the worst and most boring song from it.

To the people that say Mario games: Hello, have you seen the M&L RPGs?

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
Star Wars

The original trilogy was good but once the prequels came out it just become one big huge jedi lovefest and cult following.

Try going on a Star Wars forum and ask for more trooper related stuff and less jedi crap for the books, tv series and such. I did that and I am still recovering from all the flame attacks.

Call of Duty would be next because of the multiplayer crap, it all went down once MW2 came out.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
POKEMON!

The only reason Game Freak still exist is because of it. Pokemon is an absolute stagnation of the video game industry. While the massive, unsightly behemoth that is the modern pokedex continues to expand off of nostalgia and children afflicted by OCD (joking), innovation is stifled in other companies that can only ever hope to have niche appeal.

Besides, I now hold a recently developed grudge against Nintendo for putting a camera in the DS, making them available to half-witted spoiled brats. (disclaimer: get your head out of the gutter)

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Gaming: Final fantasy, Halo, Command and Conquer, WoW (This does NOT include expanded universe novels for ANY of these, those are fine)

Movies: Harald and kumar, Transformers (shoulda stopped at 1), Twilight (should have died when it began)

Books: The bible (yeah i went there)

TV: Simpsons, fringe

Why didn't i put star wars you ask?

Well because the prequel trilogy should be officially named "Un-canon" and the the movies remade into something that is actually star wars

shadowform

Jan 5, 2009
-Final Fantasy
IT worked for a while, but it's in desperate need of new writers, reduced budgets, retooled gameplay, or all of the above. Seriously, Square-Enix has said it themselves: a game like FF7 (imo, one of the last good FF games) couldn't exist in a modern environment because the demands of graphical fidelity would be too high and put it way too far over budget. Just accept the loss in graphics and focus on the story: that's what people are buying the RPG for.

-People who say Final Fantasy needs to stop
Final Fantasy has never been a series, except for 10 / 10-2. The Half-Life games are a series: a single story extended through multiple games. Final Fantasy is a franchise: a seal of quality that informs buyers that Square-Enix trusts this game enough to put their flagship seal on it. As a series it's never existed, and as a franchise, there's no reason to stop it - just to understand that the franchise now promises significantly less quality than it used to.

-Yearly Madden engine changes
This is, literally, the PERFECT opportunity. Spend the defunct 2012 year developing, tweaking, testing, and perfecting a new Madden engine. Release yearly versions as per norm for the $60 price tag with that year's roster available, but make updated rosters available as yearly DLC for $20, and keep a back catalog of rosters available as DLC. Update the engine solely to add/fix features or bugs, advertise engine changes hard when you do put them out. Better idea: Make the Roster DLC the flagship of the EA Subscription program and you'll almost guarantee a significant chunk of people will sign on to it.
Beyond this, you could make special 'legacy' teams available as DLC content (ex: sell a pack of the winning Superbowl teams from start to present as one roster update) for even more cash, providing you can get it all licensed.

finecrazydud

Mar 6, 2010
Vampire cat said:
Call of Duty. Kill it. Kill it dead...
they did it was called modern warfare 2. but hell i got to say black ops zombies is good.

things that need to die
1. being a over dramatic fan boy. saying things such as "PS3 is the best thing ever and 360 is just shit" or vise versa
2. asking for thumbs up on youtube. its pointless just stop
3.trolling. we all have done it for some reason but doing nothing but trolling is fucking ridiculous like going to that Mormon website to learn about the religion because your wasting your time more than your wasting theirs.
4.internet memes, some are funny but for the most part they make no sense and just need to stop. imagine if some alien race saw the internet right now they would see lolcats and people making troll face jokes.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
my useless leg.... then again the NHS being what it is they'll fuck up and cut off the one that works!

more in relation to the OP, the simpsons, family guy (and it's many spin off's) call of duty, jimquisition, the who (just retire already!) hip hop (it hasn't been hip in years) the royal family (the actual royal family and not the t.v show... wait, actually they need to stop making that too!) sonic, mario, final fantasy, tony hawk (just his games I have nothing against him)

Sir Mate

Sep 4, 2009
Whew, if i seriously started making a list, i would overload the Interwebz.

But i have an amusing one: that fake-ass audition sound-system in every. SINGLE. GODDAMN. SHOW!
Mr. Douche walks in *woohoo* -Okay who stole my pants? *hahahehehe* >.< NOT. FUNNY. just..stop!
->related: Disney Channel. I thought it was supposed to be entertaining ,
not shitty """"""LIVE ACTION"""""" shows all day. Like Hannah Montana and iCarly (BURN IT)

See ,i almosst got carried away! Teh Internets could have benn destroyed @.@

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Vampire cat said:
Call of Duty. Kill it. Kill it dead...
ehhh.... I'd say they need to move away from the Call of Duty and apply the formula to a new series.

But that's wishful thinking on my part.

AyreonMaiden said:
Zombies. They need to disappear for a good long while now.
I have yet to see a zombie game that's done right (with the exception of Dead Island, which is looking more along the lines of how it should be)

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Cartoon Network and Nick. I don't even know if there's a single good show on them anymore. What ever happened to Samurai Jack and not gay Spongebob?

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Final Fantasy could be revived if Square-Enix remembered that the console games AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THE MMOS. Seriously, look at it. It's been downhill since XI.
Halo is dead and needs to stay that way, Microsoft.
Also, the FPS games that are set in a war or have space marines.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
The Star Wars franchise. Everything after the original three just aren't worth it and should not have been made.