Things that were once great, but just need to die now.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Final Fantasy, along with all of Square Enix, needs to die. They have not come out with an actual good game that I have enjoyed and was actually good since FF10. Ya, thats right, after their first final fantasy installment onto the PS2, they have been total shit. DIE ALREADY AND STOP DISAPPOINTING ME!

Sonic could die as well, but luckily I have been so repulsed by their games that I have just given up on the series ages ago when they were just going sour. I stopped at the Game Gear (officially i stopped my sonic days on the Gamecube and crappy tv shows), loved that thing, could bash someones head in with it.

Also the new Doctor Who 'Matt Smith' can die as well, I'm waiting for a newer better doctor, and a new writer before I actually begin watching the show again. For now I am watching the older shows of David Tennant and older, bless the epicness.

EDIT: It also comes to mind that many other things can die... Disney can die, Happy Endings will destroy the world, I assure you. Hence is why I blame Walt Disney for many of the worlds problems, should have left it at the Brothers Grimm and Old Fairy Tales.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
DrGhost said:
ninjastovall0 said:
Sonic must live.
Name one good Sonic game released in past 10 years.
Sonic Unleashed (Day levels only but they're amazing)
Sonic Colors
Sonic 4
Sonic Megamix (fangame)

There you are.

OT:
Parasite Eve, it was a great series with a strong female character and now in the PSP release she's a whiny ***** who follows orders right up there with Samus from other M. Oh and as she takes damage her clothes come off which makes NO SENSE in the context of the game.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Call of Duty; it used to be really good in my books, but since probably WaW, they've really been skimping on stuff. It would be great if it were to die off at least for two years; I can't help its lost the plot (pun not intended) and went for spectacle over substance.

Pokemon; great games, at least till it went onto the DS; so far, I've been unimpressed by the three DS games, their new Pokemon and plots; even the remake of Gold/Silver didn't impress m. I can't help but feel they've become something of a grind they never used to; it feel dated and they keep trying to cover that up with new gimmicks.

I fear that I may feel this way about the Total War series soon; the campaigns are starting to lose their fun because of ridiculously short time-limits and excessive add-ons; to me, it feels like they're less 'total war' and more 'wait till you can afford anything'.

Trucken said:
Ugh, might be starting a storm here... but, Family Guy needs to go.
Nahh you're right; Family Guy is going the same way as the Simpsons and South Park; its far to much about crazy (but not funny) antics and they've ran out of the stuff that made them good in the first place. I used to like Family Guy, but since the fourth or so season, its just not been funny.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Mostly things already mentioned in this thread.

Sonic, who has no place in modern society with his ''rad'' attitude.

Pokemon, all the games are exactly the same, I really don't see the point anymore.

The tv show Supernatural. It should have ended at the end of series five, you can't improve on stopping the apocalypse and defeating lucifer, really... just stop.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
OT: Hey, Tony Hawk... We have Skate now. Your new stuff just doesn't work.
Ride/Shred were made by a different company, and Proving Ground was the last Neversoft made, which actually did improve over the previous few. They don't really need to kill it, they just need to give it back to Neversoft and tell Kotick to stop being a greedy bastard so they can have more than just a year to make a good one again.

OT: Call of Duty. 4 and World at War were good, but after that they went down the hole. Fast and Furious movies too. First was great, second was still pretty good, third was horrid, forth was ok... but just stop already...

Zetsubou^-^

Mar 1, 2011
disney sequels. even if you don't like them, admit that the original movies are better than the dead horse beating straight to dvd sequels/prequels/etc they continue to try and hook little kids with.

anything with a number higher than most in the genre at the end of the name.
final fantasy should not have x number of sequels that aren't sequels. just give them different names already. spell names, limits, etc are all fairly generic now. you could just copy write them to the company and put em in whatever title ya want.

sonic, for the love of all that is good. he has had nothing unique to add to gaming for years. if fans really want him to stay, make ONE game, and just DLC the levels you come up with after.

movie games. made only to cash in on a movie comming out. just stop. unless you've got an awesome idea that you can turn into a good or great game, companies should not be putting precious funds behind it.

game movies. final fantasy 7 was good, animated resident evil okay. but don't make a movie just to cash in on gaming success. nobody but hardcore fans wanna see a halo movie ever make it to a screen.

TehAudioSurfer

May 25, 2010
AMV's, particularly the ones involving some random song that is completely out of context with the subject material.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Final Fantasy and Pokemon spring to mind.

Mr. Eff said:
Silent Hill.
I don't want to see it go further downhill.
They should make a game called Silent Hill: Downhill. Have it like a remake of all the American Silent Hills. It would be like a box set of B-horror movies, except in game form.

plank_man180

Jan 14, 2011
At least change Call of Duty! I'm sick of playing the same game for 4 years!

"Wait? You can now put two attachments on a gun now? Wow, that's worth my extra £40!"
"Now you can use a sticky grenade? Lets buy this over-priced add-on also known as a game!"

On second thoughts, let it die and bring back Quake!

Windown95

Jan 16, 2011
Joseph375 said:
Nintendo. Most of the Wii's 3RD party support is shovelware, and is in part due to being REALLY underpowered and unable to play any hardcore games. Sure games are supposed to be fun, but I don't find kiddy games, shovelware, and constant remakes of Mario games fun.

Let the flame wars begin.
I agree with you, MARIO.NEEDS.TO.DIE!!!!!!!

mikeli4194

Jan 10, 2010
Chuck Norris jokes, and Portal (1) references.
Seriously, I want to KO people who STILL think they're funny