Things that were once great, but just need to die now.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Basketball, baseball... professional sports in general. I'm sorry, but you don't deserve that much money for playing a sport.

Asukane

Mar 2, 2010
World of Warcraft - Just retcon most of it and give me WC4.

ANY game with more then 3 sequels. 1-2 sequels is not that bad, 3 is pushing it, anything after is just overkill...

TV shows after 10 seasons. You have run your course, let someone else try to do well with your slot.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Every of the 3 major Blizzard franchises, Call of Duty are the first that spring to mind. I'm sure there's more.
well, im not sure about diablo, but it would be nice if warcraft stated to die down a bit, and they took a LONG hiatus and started making strategy games. starcraft has only 3 games so far though, and one was an expansion. how can you say it needs to die? after they finish up the zerg and protoss games for starcraft sure, maybe take a break (or finally finish ghost!), but it dosent need to die now.

call of duty, same thing. just tired of the same game over and over, it has potential, but not with kotik forcing a sequel out annually.

for me, it probably is cartoon network. it isnt even just cartoons anymore, and the ones they do have are kinda mediocre (dont know about adventure time, i heard good things, but thats the gem in the pile of crap). they absolutely murdered toonami, all their good cartoons are just gone, and they aren't even importing decent anime when the used to. hell, even adult swim is now 30% king of the hill 30% american dad 30% family guy 10% robot chicken. nothing good anymore.

well, that and im jumping on the sonic train. guy had his time, its up.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Pokemon, Halo, Simpsons, My exs, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, etc.

I'm sure there's a lot of things that have gone one for too long that people wouldn't mind having gone. Who knows.

hyker

Feb 2, 2010
counter-strike
it was fun in the ol' days (though, I became bored with it after a week)
usually after I get bored with something, I leave and play other games, but in the past few years I tried to get back to it

Well, it's a mess.
Every server is modded with stupid rpg things; almost everyone is either a 12 y/o screaming into the mic, a douchebag, a cheater, a teamkiller or plays gunther's ding ding dong song on hldj (usually all at once); the maps I liked (like inferno) are rarely played on servers, and even when it's played it has like 1-2 players etc etc

and not only counter-strike source, 1.6, condition zero, all of them

EDIT: the trollface
it was funny to post it when someone got professionally trolled, but now everyone uses it, even when they don't have a clue about trolling because that is what the cool guys used
sorry, time for you to go

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
katsumoto03 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
Sonic must live.
I lol'd.

OT: Final Fantasy... You know what? Fuck that. Square Enix. Their games have been shit lately.
Square has put a lot of stinkers out lately. I am afraid to touch a square game anymore or even games they have just touched like Sup Com 2. I fear for Deus Ex.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Chris646 said:
Final Fantasy could be revived if Square-Enix remembered that the console games AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THE MMOS. Seriously, look at it. It's been downhill since XI.
Halo is dead and needs to stay that way, Microsoft.
Also, the FPS games that are set in a war or have space marines.
besides warhammer space marine i hope. that is one HELL of a universe, and they practically invented space marines. everyone else just toned it down so they could save money on VFX.

and yeah, halo should stay gone for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now (i dont like condemning anything forever, with a long enough break, most good things could be brought back well in regards to videogames)

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
Asukane said:
Be carefull what you wish for. Blizzard no longer knows how to tell a story. Our good pal Chris Metzen will regurtitate the same plot: All three races must set aside their differences to defeat a new greater villian.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
ZyntaxError said:
Forum posters and gamers younger than 25
I am 21 years of age and I don't believe I will drop dead at your request
I am 15 years of age, and I have yet to seriously piss someone off on the internet intentionally, or be the stereotypical kid on xbox live. that is my younger brother. and i also do not plan on dying anytime soon, so i say good day to you sir.

All joking aside, another contribution to the thread. Activision Ceo Robert Kotik, and many other officers in corporations whom make products and situations worse in the name of profits (Robert is the only one i know of by name, but im sure there are a few others out there)

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
DoctorPhil said:
Asukane said:
Be carefull what you wish for. Blizzard no longer knows how to tell a story. Our good pal Chris Metzen will once again invent a new super villian that can only be defeated if all races work together.
or perhaps they could just settle the fucking war already by finally killing off the warmongers (adios forsaken, Varian, Garosh etc. we dont miss you at all.), and go in a new direction. hell, why not just mix up the factions a bit, make 'em dissolve and reform into smaller groups.

rodain

Jan 22, 2011
katsumoto03 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
Sonic must live.
I lol'd.

OT: Final Fantasy... You know what? Fuck that. Square Enix. Their games have been shit lately.
can i just point out that the games turned shit as soon as enix entered the name?