Things you are sick of hearing

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Billion Backs said:
Anything with "ethics",

Errrr... Really? So you're fine if I go get some slaves?

Deadlock Radium said:
Also, I'm sick of hearing of how good Twilight, Modern Warfare 2, the Halo series etc are.

I'm sick of exactly the opposite. I find people ***** an unwarranted amount about them.
Only if they're the sexy kind of slaves.

Frankly, I don't want to be the attention whore who derails the thread into some kind of a pointless pseudo-autobiography... Send tells if you want to know something.

More on topic, I hate hearing shit like "Twilight vampires aren't real vampires! oh noes! They've completely corrupted mah badass 2 dimensional vampires~"
...who are in reality as fake as Twilight vampires because there's no single established vampire archetype across all cultures aside from general association with blood, usually blood sucking and some supernatural abilities and Dracula is no different from Edward...

Arguments that make dubious claims about how only one archetype for some fictional creature is "the right" archetype. Sure, some things are generally associated with various fantasy creatures and races, usually something that can be reduced to 1 or 2 attributes, but trying to make everything a carbon copy of fucking Lord of The Rings/Dracula/Whatever the fuck you want is stupid, annoying, and I hate it.

Dwarves - short. That's it. Because dwarfs in all cultures are dwarfs, the word dwarf can be used to refer to a short person. You can't have a giant dwarf, unless he's a special case (Cough Carrot cough) because if there's a whole race of dwarfs taller then you, they aren't dwarfs to you. Some 2 inch pixies have no reason to call dwarfs dwarfs in their own language. They'd be more like "giants".

Vampires - blood drinking or any other semi-parasitical lifestyle. Because there are "psychic vampires", apparently. Not that I mind. But emphasis on predatory lifestyle that involves some kind of semi-vital parts of others.

And so on.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
blaming ones habits on OCD..

just fuck off with this.. if yo ulike things a certain way so be it, just stop trying to get attention fo rit, since it's a real problem.

also hearing 'hurr durr you're so posh' just because i speak correctly.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
Renamedsin said:
I am sick of people who talk down on my political view and harass me for being a Marxist when they them self vote for the "republican Party" (Frp) that basically is a bunch of Fachist bastards, Defending it without stating why exept for with things like: "They want to give us cheap alcohol!" or "they want to kick out the foreigners!" Bloody Stupid racist Rednecks...
............................................________........................
....................................,.-??...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-?...................................?-.,............
.........................,/...............................................?:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:?........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....?~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....?~,_........?~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......?=,_.......?-,_.......,.-~-,},.~?;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......?=-._......?;,,./`..../?............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......?~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-?...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
bloody commie...

I jest!! that's why i hate people who are idealistic and totally politically ignorant, whose only viewpoin tis the propaganda spoonfed them by either campaign commercials or dogmatic parents.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Chrono212 said:
"They get on like a house on fire"

It makes no sense (WHAT THE HELL?! MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE?!!)
Well, given the fact that most houses even (and in some cases, especially) today are built out of somewhat easily ignitable materials and plenty of sources for such ignition (electricity, gas, matches or what not) I think it makes perfect sense.

A house can be somewhat easily ignited and burned down. If someone gets on life a house on fire", they must be getting on together very well? At least that's what I always assumed.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
More personal than most, but my mother in general. She's always on the verge of crying (Or actually crying) and being a whiney *****.

And she wonder's why I avoid her.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
DesiPrinceX09 said:
BobDobolina said:
All forms of pissing and moaning about the evils of Islam or Mexican immigrants, how hard white males have it today and how "positive discrimination" is the Real Racism. Nearly all associated phrases are whack cliches.
Indeed, I am so tired of people saying we Muslims are the cause of all evil and that as long as Islam is around then violence is around. And I'm half Mexican so I don't like what people say about the Mexican immigrants either.

I am even more tired of hearing "Accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior!" "Your faith is false! Accept the truth that is Christianity so that you may be saved from eternal damnation!"

Who's with me on that?
I am with you.

Luckily it has gotten better, but it is not solved.

I also hate it when people say they hate something or they say something is not good. (Why does everybody like twilight it sucks). They like it, you don't, no one cares. Whats even worse is when there is a huge hate group just because its popular (again with twilight).

(Yes this post is hypocritical, making a hate post when I said I hate them)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
If you don't listen to [insertmetalbandhere] you can't say you like metal.

One thing. The branding of a band of metal seems to be harder and harder to tell these days. and two, I don't care if you think that not listening to some reletavely obscure band makes me "soft", I neither have the time or money to go listening to every band under the sun just so I can fit in to a particular group.

Lulzovich

Aug 27, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
Lulzovich said:
EmileeElectro said:
OMG FOOTIE, FOOTIE, FOOTIE, BIG BROTHER. BIG BROTHER, FOOTIE!!!

¬_¬
Excuse me, what?
I'm sick of people talking about Football already. Someone earlier decided to flood facebook with his own commentary.
Well, it will get tougher and tougher for you as 11th July gets nearer, that's for sure. :)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Halo bashing, JRPG bashing, MW2...okay, MW2 bashing is fine. $15 for a map pack? Those assholes.

EDIT- Really just people who bash mainstream games as a whole. Want to know why mainstream games are mainstream? Most of them are good.

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Anybody who thinks Modern Warfare 2 is the pinacle of gaming.

Anybody who thinks they can talk about games cause they are good at MW2.

Anybody who thinks they can judge if a game is good or shit cause they are good at MW2.

Basically, all these people who think they are such hardcore gamers, when really all the play is Modern Warfare 2

[sub]Also people who ***** about MW2 players[/sub]

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Doclector said:
If you don't listen to [insertmetalbandhere] you can't say you like metal.
I am a metalhead, with perhaps the most obscure tastes in metal on the entire Escapist, by far and I concur.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Lulzovich said:
EmileeElectro said:
Lulzovich said:
EmileeElectro said:
OMG FOOTIE, FOOTIE, FOOTIE, BIG BROTHER. BIG BROTHER, FOOTIE!!!

¬_¬
Excuse me, what?
I'm sick of people talking about Football already. Someone earlier decided to flood facebook with his own commentary.
Well, it will get tougher and tougher for you as 11th July gets nearer, that's for sure. :)
Not if I close my eyes and put my fingers in my ears and go "LALALALALALA" for a couple of months :D

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
" isn't funny!"

What's your problem? I don't care what you think is or isn't funny. I can make up my own mind.

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
-"Your mom" jokes. Have we all returned to the bloody fourth grade? What's next? Accusations of members of the opposite sex being infected with the dreaded "cooties"?

-People constantly claiming that nothing is worth striving for and that everything everywhere just sucks and there's no changing it. Basically, such apathy and lack of ambition drives me up the wall. Perhaps it's childish of me, but it does. D:

-"Well, at least Twilight gets teens interested in reading..." Fuck that! Tell them to read some GOOD young-adult literature instead! Twilight sucks--it's poorly-written, the plot sucks, and the characters are NOT people to be looked up to.

-"But if we make Spiderman single again through this hideously contrived and out-of-character bullshit, more of our audience will identify with him and like him!" Except not. (Don't get me freakin' STARTED on One More Day and all that it has spawned.)

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Sexist comments in games. "Girls don't play ." "I'm a girl" "HER DERP nope you're a guy LOL"

It's old. We play games too. Deal with it. You stupid ****.

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
"Your Face" jokes. Couple of my guildies in WoW just don't get it...they just don't stop. Ever. FFFFFFUUUUUU SSSSTOOP

And anything ignorant said by those Tea Party twats. Which is most everything.