Things you are sick of hearing

MCDeltaT

Aug 18, 2009
Today, nay, in the last hour I have heard two sentences that make me want to punch someone in the tongue. My main quarrel with these is that they are old jokes that people swear they came up with or actually said before telling me about it. The sentences are as follows:

1. I always pick a female game character, because if I have to stare at someones ass for x hours it may as well be a girls. (Yeah or you could just y'know not be a perv)

2. I was speeding down a country road when a police officer pulled me over. He said
"I've been waiting for you all day" so I replied
"I got here as fast as I could" He let me off with a warning (NO!!! HE DIDN'T!!! That never happened stop lying, Steve.)

Any phrases like these that infuriate you, The fine escapist community

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm tired of hearing all of the "Your mom" jokes/retorts.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Marter said:
I'm tired of hearing all of the "Your mom" jokes/retorts.
Yo Momma's tired of hearing all these "Your Mom" jokes/retorts!

.......Sorry, It was too easy.

OT: People who say "I Could care less" when the correct phrase is quite clearly "I Couldn't care less". GET IT RIGHT!

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Wardnath said:
"hurr durr my faith in humanity has dropped to zero"

Stop. Just stop.
Thank you. Really, thank you.

OT: "What would you do in ________ apocalypse?"

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Complaining threads.

Just kidding, I'm tired of hearing everyone cry about Kinect, or whatever its called. My hopes are high and I think that in the grand scheme of things, this new tech is very important.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I'm tired of hearing people flame micheal bay. It's like really tiring to hear people do that all the time. Even movie bob does it. Actually movie bob is the worst because he inserts him just to insult him for the sake of it which is ungentlemanly conduct.

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
"Nintendo is intellectually bankrupt."

"I expected more from Yahtzee."

Basically any 'explanation' for stealing music/movies/TV/video games:
"Popular music is terrible, why should I have to pay for it?" You're not stealing Ke$ha, you're stealing Animal Collective.
"Radiohead did a pay-what-you-want album and that worked fine." So why doesn't every internationally-acclaimed band with dozens of popular singles just do that, then?
"Blizzard can make money without doing this anti-piracy crap, so why is Ubisoft doing this to us?"
"Stealing is okay if I am very angry when I do it/if the people stealing are incredibly good at it."
"Piracy has no effect on the industry."

"Video games are over priced"

and the one that makes my mouth foam:

"Why make something great when good sells better?" You don't sound smart or revolutionary any more, you just sound like you don't understand business.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
khaimera said:
Complaining threads.

Just kidding, I'm tired of hearing everyone cry about Kinect, or whatever its called. My hopes are high and I think that in the grand scheme of things, this new tech is very important.
I'm not a Kinect hater (not exactly) but all the motion control things coming out are only going to be awesome for about a week, then it will become annoying and then everyone will hate it. At least that is how I see the future playing out.

OT: "I don't care what people think about me being X, I'm my own person". No one is throwing you a fucking parade, the fact that you have to say it every time you get the chance means that you are worried what people think. Also the I hate/love Avatar, can people not give it a fucking rest?

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Swifteye said:
I'm tired of hearing people flame micheal bay. It's like really tiring to hear people do that all the time. Even movie bob does it. Actually movie bob is the worst because he inserts him just to insult him for the sake of it which is ungentlemanly conduct.
Michael Bay gave us a close up of devastators balls. I'll ring a bell when he has been flamed enough.

Jun 13, 2009
The word "Emo" to describe any one with emotional problems, whether it be anything from a serious mental disorder to a slight downer.

"My mum died today.."
"Oh, you're so Emo"

How about shut the fuck up.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
manythings said:
khaimera said:
Complaining threads.

I'm not a Kinect hater (not exactly) but all the motion control things coming out are only going to be awesome for about a week, then it will become annoying and then everyone will hate it. At least that is how I see the future playing out.

OT: "I don't care what people think about me being X, I'm my own person". No one is throwing you a fucking parade, the fact that you have to say it every time you get the chance means that you are worried what people think. Also the I hate/love Avatar, can people not give it a fucking rest?
You are probably right. And it will detract from better more hardcore games for a while. But what if this tech is used elsewhere, like to control televisions minority report style. I think it will also be good for family gaming becuase I know that the first game my mother played in twenty years, was wii bowling and she loved it.

And to not derail, though its already too late and I don't really care,
I am also tired of hearing people making jokes about reality TV. We get it, its cool to hate it, blah blah.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
"The Wii is the best console"
I'm sure I'll think of over 9000 of these as soon as I post but for now I'll go with "god works in mysterious ways"

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
That band went commercial since someone other than me heard of them.

That game has no point.

Hur Hur, my x of choice is better than your x because yours is stupid. (without any other explanation, especially if it can't be stupid, like a restaurant)

Maybe you should get a life.

Anything said on GameFAQs.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Lady Gaga and people saying they have been hardcore gamers theier whole lives, just because they play Modern Warfare.