Things you are sick of hearing

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Limzz said:
"The Wii is the best console"
I'm sure I'll think of over 9000 of these as soon as I post but for now I'll go with "god works in mysterious ways"
But it is!!

joking, I love it the most anyways.

making fun of the Wii, because my name is pronounced the same way as it. and I love it to death.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
JuryNelson said:
"Piracy has no effect on the industry."

"Video games are over priced"
There have been multiple studies, it turns out that music piracy actually has a positive effect on the industry. And video games are overpriced. That said, I don't steal either one.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Lady Gaga and people saying they have been hardcore gamers theier whole lives, just because they play Modern Warfare.
I would have to say that I'm sick of hearing the phrase "hardcore gamer". Seriously? Videogames are a form of entertainment, not something you are supposed to define your life by. I maintain that one reason that no one takes videogaming seriously is because "gamers" act like playing games all day somehow makes them special, like they are somehow superior to someone who sits in front of a T.V. all day.

In short, "hardcore gamer" is a synonym for "couch potato", and I have had it with people pretending that it means anything different.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
The use of words such as "Fag", "Emo", or similar words to be used as derogatory comments.

People asking "What's wrong" as well. Because if I get asked that, either nothing is wrong at all, or something is so disturbing and screwed up that an observer asking that looks extremely ignorant.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
JuryNelson said:
"Radiohead did a pay-what-you-want album and that worked fine." So why doesn't every internationally-acclaimed band with dozens of popular singles just do that, then?
Didn't that album still get pirated even though you could buy it for a penny?

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
"When the hell is Half-Life 2: Episode 3 coming out?"

I'll tell you when it's coming out, jackass; it's coming out when it's good and done, just like every Half-Life game since Valve's been making Half-Life games, and every single one has been a masterpiece so far, so obviously they're not just sitting around picking their noses all that time. It takes a LONG time to make a game, and an even longer time to make an amazing game, so just be patient.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
News everywhere not on the Escapist (with some exceptions). I need not explain.
baggyn said:
"What's the time!?"
It's time to get ill!
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
People who say "I Could care less" when the correct phrase is quite clearly "I Couldn't care less". GET IT RIGHT!
But there are some occasions where I really can care less. For example: I have a slight interest in Gears of War 3, but for the most part, I don't care.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
"FUCK YOU ***** YOU FUCKIN SUCK ****** ASS COCK"

Or anything along the lines of that

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Randy11517 said:
Slaanax said:
The Word ****** of X-box Live, at what point do I want to listen to 13 year kids call people who kill them Niggers. Good thing they have the mute option.
Thanks for reminding me.
Little kids calling everyone niggers/nazis
Or Jews. Fags, fgts, homos. Hell, pretty much all derogatory terms people use over Xbox Live (or anywhere for that matter)

People complaining about MW2, Lady Gaga, Apple, Michael Bay, and everything else mainstream.

Ignorance.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
"x is overrated!" I usually translate that in my head as a little kid having a tantrum screaming "I don't like it it can't be popular!" also anyone that refers to fans of said "overrated" thing as sheep. You're not being witty or edgy, you're only proving to everyone that you're a total prick that just can't accept a different opinion.

Any comment concerning something being too "mainstream" I can understand wanting to stand out from the crowd but if your reason for disliking something is that it's too popular then quite frankly you can go die in a fire you complete tool.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
DesiPrinceX09 said:
All forms of pissing and moaning about the evils of Islam or Mexican immigrants, how hard white males have it today and how "positive discrimination" is the Real Racism. Nearly all associated phrases are whack cliches.

Who's with me on that?
Im so sick of people talking about Islam when they dont know anything about it. And everytime theres a racist/religious discussion, someone has to bring Islam into it, even if its not relevant to the topic.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
khaimera said:
Complaining threads.

Just kidding, I'm tired of hearing everyone cry about Kinect, or whatever its called. My hopes are high and I think that in the grand scheme of things, this new tech is very important.
Finally someone who isn't all gloom and doom about it and or bitching about it.

anyway getting OT: the Jack Thompsons of the world, ie any adult who bitches about games making kids violent even though studies show the opposite is true or about kids having acess to violent games when irresponsible and or spineless parents get the games for thier kids.

And one of the biggest one in my mind(that I can think of right now anyway) is any group or individual(including celebs and and Mexico's president) that fights for the rights of illegal immigrants to be in America. They and thier anchor baby kids should be deported.
Glad to help. I sort of get why people are upset, but its not like this will be the only way to play games on the 360, its just a neat fun add on. I also think it will be cool to navigate the menu without a controller.

Also, keeping with my avatar commenting theme of the day. I can't stop looking at your avatar. So, well done my friend.