Things you are sick of hearing

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
"I'm a misanthrope" "I'm a psychopath/sociopath" "I have mental disorder X, Y, Z and sometimes W" "No one knows how it feels, except me" "I'm different from everyone" "No you're not" "Yes I am".

And other assorted nonsense. Seriously, quit it. You're unique, just like everyone else. And FYI truly mentally disordered people tend to lack adequate self-awareness to self-diagnose. And just as many receive incorrect diagnoses. Why is the interweb becoming a place to brag about being a mental patient?

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
^=ash=^ said:
How every online console game insult comes from:
Slaanax said:
13 year kids.
Valksy said:
some squeaking dickless little 13 year old.
Sorry, I just keep noticing that when anyone get insulted over XBL or PSN, it always seems to come from a 13 year old. Oh and I generally find it annoying when people moan to others about being insulted, it just seems odd to me.
The worst language and behaviour I have heard comes from guys who haven't gone through the voice change yet. I have no idea what the average age for voice breaking is. I pick 13 as 13 is the minimum age for the Escapist.

And you know, I have been in guilds from SWG to WOW and beyond with pre-voice broken boys and it isn't a problem. It is only when they get enraged and start to squeal that I get wound up. It really is hard to hear someone squeak "I'm going to fucking kill you and your mum" when they sound like a chipmunk. Just don't fucking do it. Stay calm and all is well. Get enraged and as well as some of the more appalling garbage I have heard, I know that people are just laughing.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
MCDeltaT said:
1. I always pick a female game character, because if I have to stare at someones ass for x hours it may as well be a girls. (Yeah or you could just y'know not be a perv)
It's hardly peversion to enjoy a medium to its fullest. I always choose to play as a female, despite being male. Of course, I do it for an inability to identify with males, but... eh.
Now, what am I sick of hearing?
Oh, anything to the effect of "It's MY opinion yada etc".
So your OPINION that homosexuals are evil is just as valid as my OPINION that they are not? Ok, there are two problems with that sentence.

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
That band went commercial since someone other than me heard of them.

That game has no point.

Hur Hur, my x of choice is better than your x because yours is stupid. (without any other explanation, especially if it can't be stupid, like a restaurant)

Maybe you should get a life.

Anything said on GameFAQs.
Spot on. I goddamn hate the "Get a life" line.
OT: Lately, anything concerning zombies.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Anything related to the word "dåse" used out of context, it's not funny anymore.

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
I hate it whenever people use terms Hardcore/Casual games, especially when you get the people that start acting as though 'casual' games are not important and should not be considered games.

I also hate it when people say 'you wouldn't understand' when I try to give people social advice, especially since I spent years on my own social issues... which is why I was trying to give them the advice in the first place because it was the same thing I learned. Because I have been there, and I do understand. :| my kneejerk reaction is to punch people when I hear that.. but I don't.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
I hate people who say "This is MY opinion!"

Just STFU! It's been heard over and over again, humans don't have the memory of a goldfish, which infact isn't that bad as proven by mythbusters.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm really starting to hate it when people answer a question with:
'Nuff said.
This is especially annoying because usually they are flaming or blasting someone or something popular and that does warrant justification to explain their position.

Also as for topics I am getting very sick of the Halo bashing angle, seriously I don't even think it's fair to call it overrated anymore. Literally there is nothing Halo can do to avoid constant hate from all sides and frankly it's getting tiring having people just throw in more Halo bashing whenever they can.
I'm no fan of Final Fantasy (don't hate but I'm not all that interested) but I can resist talking about it every oppurtunity I get.

Second I am getting really fed up with people writing off one of my favourite female characters in gaming, Ashley of Mass Effect, as a ***** by using quotes that were taken out of context. Frankly most of the complaints about her come from misrepresentations or oversimplifications and it just annoys me the degree to which people can complain about a fictional character.

Also for the record, I can't stand this PC elitism thing. I hate it when people undermine valid arguments from other people by just dismissing them as 'console tards'.
Because really, insult their intelligence as much as you want but realise at least that playing on computer instead of console is not a licence to go around being a dick to people.

So yeah, that's a couple of things.

Pokenator

May 5, 2010
Whenever I say "I'm (insert statement here: hungry, tired etc)" being replied to with "Hi hungry! I'm (insert name here)" It was funny the first few hundred times.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
"[X] company is obligated to do this"
I heard people say that valve is obligated to bring their games to consoles
[X] company is obligated to do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT!!!

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
Here they are

-The gargling of everyone giving Obama fallacio.
-People who religiously bash Christians for being religious (which I think is the upmost form of hypocrisy)
-Incompetence
-Listening to people speak with little or no real experience. Seriously, ask some of your college professors how many businesses they've owned or how many people they've helped out, these are often the same people who have the audacity to bash the business world.
-While we're on the topic, College Professors in general. I'm college educated, I learned a lot even without receiving the best grades. Now I have a job in the real world and the whole "idealistic lollypop world they they'd like us to live" really doesn't work.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
It's not so much a saying as a scenario.

You know when someone is chewing you out, or asking you to not do something, and then start with that false little laugh the denotes a lack of conviction?

If you're going to chew me out, just :Oing OWN IT. I'm man enough ot take it, and who knows, I might grow to a better person to learn my faults.

That laugh... GRR *stabby mc stab stab*

Faine'

Nov 2, 2008
"Nice guys always finish last." That, or: "Bad boys always get the girls."
If you weren't such a no-spine whiner who thought that all the sucking up, flattery and gift giving you shower girls with made you ENTITLED to a girlfriend then maybe you'd actually have a girlfriend.

Downfall89

Aug 26, 2009
Melion said:
"NECRONS SUCKS!"

Seriously, every where I wanna play a 40k match with my Necrons, I get that fukcing respond.
That made me laugh.

OT: Modern Warfare 2 lovers and haters. Both annoy me. Also the damn vuvuzela's in the current World Cup. Seriously, no wonder we don't have World Cup's in Africa.

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
I'm sick of hearing these fucking retarded commentators on both the BBC and the ITV coverage of the World Cup spouting their inane bullshit and getting paid for it. I think they are contractually obliged to lie about the games they are supposed to be watching. It's the only explanation for their commentary.

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
blakfayt said:
JuryNelson said:
-snip general rant about piracy-
what if they simply said they did it cause they are cheap bastards who don't care what you or the industry thinks and that they honestly doubt they will get arrested for it? Would that make it all better?
YES.