things you can't stand to hear

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
MagnetoHydroDynamics said:
Rahnzan said:
"You cant be judgemental!" ...What? The FUCK I can't! Watch this.

Ok you're emo.

"You cant say that!" I just did "That's labeling, I dont associate with a label" That's all fine and good but did the can put the green beans sticker on itself? No. Someone else did.

If you're going to dress like a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' if you're going to get a haircut that belongs in a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' and if you're going to listen almost exclusively to the kind of music that belongs wholefully to a sub-culture that the general populace references again as 'emo,' then you're pretty damned emo. Yes it labels you, yes it sums up your whole personality into a word, yes its a sting at you and basically tells everyone around who hears the word uttered that you have no 'creativity' or 'originality' or whatever the hell it is you kids want these days, and yes, it IS an accurate description of who you are.

Same with goths, preps, nerds, etc. Emo isn't a stereotype, it's a sub-culture you TWITS. If you belong to it, then you GOD DAMN BELONG TO IT.
This... Very, very much this.
Again, this.

As well as people saying stuff along the lines of: "I DON'T BELIEVE IN LABELING PEOPLE IT'S BAD AND EVERYONE IS A UNIQUE LITTLE BUTTERFLY"

.. Then they proceed to talk about how much they hate 'gangstas' and 'teeny boppers'.

And then, there's the opposite. When people think that just because you find Converse shoes comfortable, or you like the new striped hoodie you bought, that you're turning emo/goth.

.. Maybe they just like them?

Clothes are clothes. Yes, in conjunction with music taste and haircuts and personality traits, they can add to a label/image (which isn't always bad, it happens to everyone), but clothes on their own.. Honestly. Not a problem. Sometimes popular brands are popular because they are actually comfortable.

A delicate balance.. *sigh*

ladyblackwolf

Mar 4, 2009
BasicMojo said:
Chatspeak used in oral conversation. If you actually say "lol" or "rofl" or "omg" to me, I will hit you. Hard.

Come to think of it, most chatspeak nowadays invokes my wrath. I'm usually ok with old school stuff, like the above mentioned, but...

Oh, and people who think that the letters "wut" in that order constitute a complete sentence should be sent to death row.

OH YES. Yes. Harder than I've ever YES before YES.
So very yes.

It's not being awesome, it's being fucking lazy and/or wanky.

Also when people use alternatives to words that are longer than the original. "Lol" works when one is typing/txting because it's a contraction... typing "hawt" instead of the three letter word is simply puke-inducingly twatty.

Shit, I just like English the way it is. Even more, I like it the way it was a hundred years ago. 'It's a real word, it's in common usage', my ass.

Stop being lazy people and learn to type.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
BasicMojo said:
Chatspeak used in oral conversation. If you actually say "lol" or "rofl" or "omg" to me, I will hit you. Hard.

Come to think of it, most chatspeak nowadays invokes my wrath. I'm usually ok with old school stuff, like the above mentioned, but...
A boy at my old highschool used to actually say 'lol' whenever he was laughing.

He did get punched for it. Many times.

BurroDiablo

Mar 5, 2009
^What Ladyblackwolf said^ Couldn't agree more. "Kewl" gets on my tits.

Noamuth said:
A boy at my old highschool used to actually say 'lol' whenever he was laughing.

He did get punched for it. Many times.
I do that sometimes, involuntarily I might add.

CertifiedWaffle

Mar 3, 2009
I hate it when people pop their gum. It's so loud and annoying.
Also when people use chat speak in real life.
I literally heard a girl scream
"LYKE OMG WTF?!"

Walrus42

Apr 18, 2008
My English teacher says "At any rate" at least 9 times each class. It's really annoying, and I agree with everyone else on the text messaging/instant messaging speak in normal conversations. I also don't like when people say Googling or texting. I prefer when people say searching something on Google, or sending a text message.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I can't stand street talk. Sometime I just roll my eyes, sometimes it makes me laugh, depends on my mood.

I also can't stand really high pitched noises of any kind. It just irritates me and eventually gives me a twitch.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I hate it when people make fun of you for being smarter then them. I don't make fun of you for being better at sport then me!

dijital101

Nov 7, 2008
people whistling (unless they're really good)
liquid being poured into a glass (like on the coke commercials when they over-amplify the sound)

^It's smarter THAN them

elemenetal150

Nov 25, 2008
I hate when people say things that are ethnocentric about other cultures, especially when it is over something stupid like a video game being delayed. But most just stupid Americans that feel like because they are American they can say whatever they want and be as big a douche as they want to be and act like even though we are a relatively young country that we have some kind of right to judge everyone else that isn't American.

It is funny because I love America but hate most Americans

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Wasder said:
That was beautiful.

Do you know what I hate to hear most of all?
Stairway To fucking Heaven. Don't get me wrong, that song is pure awesome in noise form, but I work in a guitar shop, and people always pla that. Or Smoke on the sodding Water.
Like Smoke On The Water. Doesn't anyone know the REST of that song!? Listen to the rest of that song! The guitar is awesome! Does anyone care to attempt getting beyond those first 12 notes? No...

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
My top 3 most hated phrases are as follows:

3. Shut up, ******. (I HATE this one)
2. Have you found Jesus? (No, now shut up.)
1. You need a better attitude. (OH, yes, massa, I'll never speak out of turn again, massa.)

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
When people actually say the letters "wtf", "lol", or "omg". Just say "What the F*$#' or "Oh my God". And if you speak the letters "lol" you're obviously not. And I work in a college, so I hear these damn things every day, they're like the audio equivalent of Ugg boots.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
/thread

See that? I just ended this thread. Watch I'll do it again.

/thread

Aren't I witty? I must be an Admin or something

(disclaimer, I am definitly not an administrator and I respect their fine work)

God I hate it when people do that. And what's worse is half the time it actually works.

cbreeden

Oct 20, 2008
Also: The sound of styrofoam rubbing against styrofoam.
Fuck that sound.
Seriously.
Styrofoam on Styrofoam and Styrofoam on cardboard make me cringe every time. I'm totally with you on that one.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Noamuth said:
This... Very, very much this.

Again, this.

As well as people saying stuff along the lines of: "I DON'T BELIEVE IN LABELING PEOPLE IT'S BAD AND EVERYONE IS A UNIQUE LITTLE BUTTERFLY"

.. Then they proceed to talk about how much they hate 'gangstas' and 'teeny boppers'.

And then, there's the opposite. When people think that just because you find Converse shoes comfortable, or you like the new striped hoodie you bought, that you're turning emo/goth.

.. Maybe they just like them?

Clothes are clothes. Yes, in conjunction with music taste and haircuts and personality traits, they can add to a label/image (which isn't always bad, it happens to everyone), but clothes on their own.. Honestly. Not a problem. Sometimes popular brands are popular because they are actually comfortable.

A delicate balance.. *sigh*
Truth. Though how many people do any of us know that dont eventually fall into one sub-culture or another? I've managed to carefully dance around all of them except for 'gamer' which I'm not really much of since I dont rave about the newest game that comes out, or care what happens to Character-X in the sequal/prequal, still if I had to pick one.

No one can escape... nooooo oooooonnnneeee...

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
cbreeden said:
Also: The sound of styrofoam rubbing against styrofoam.
Fuck that sound.
Seriously.
Styrofoam on Styrofoam and Styrofoam on cardboard make me cringe every time. I'm totally with you on that one.

Agreed, the styrofoam and styrofoam thing is horrid.

Fucking .5 pencil lead too, or half-dry markers. Holy SHIT that stuff is insanity-inducing.