Things you need to know for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

nefrone

Jun 12, 2010
Read the novel it's based on. Seriously. It's a good book. The game doesn't follow the plot that much but still. Read it. :)

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
nefrone said:
Read the novel it's based on. Seriously. It's a good book. The game doesn't follow the plot that much but still. Read it. :)
Whilst 'A Roadside Picnic' is a very good novel indeed, it doesn't really give any insights into the game. The game is only vaguely inspired by the novel (or rather, vaguely inspired by the film, which was in turn inspired by the novel).

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
I found that Stalker wasn't that terrifying, more tense, while above ground.

It becomes terrifying when you start going underground, are forced to wear environmental suits instead of armor and can't see all too well thanks to dim lighting.

I never found Bloodstalkers terrifying until I only had narrow, winding hallways to run through with little ambient light and a failing flashlight.

Billistik-99

May 21, 2009
You will find zombies in specific areas at first and roaming around later. They know how to use guns.

If you happen to miss the pda cue for an emission, listen for an explosion in the distance.

There is a cave in the starting area that has something telling you to get out. If you aren't armed with good weapons, you should heed that warning.