Think waaaay back, what was your favorite educational game?

natural20

Apr 7, 2010
Hey fellow escapists! I want you all to think way back to when you were kids. What was your favorite educational game, one that taught you something? My personal favorite was the original "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"

MeatsOfEvil

Dec 4, 2009
Number Munchers. Basically Pacman but for even bigger nerds. I also loved Oregon Trail...although I kept dying from dysentery...damn that dysentery.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Jumpstart 3rd grade. The one with Botly and you're trying stop this bitchy girl. It was educational, and it was actually overall a fun game.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Educational game? Halo taught me how much of a jackass people can be, in the best way possible, does that count? If not it'd have to be a typing practice, because I don't remember any educational games...

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
i remember playing Math Blaster, Peter Rabbit and Oregon Trail. past that my memory is fuzzy.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
The only one with a name that I recall is Number Munchers. However I recall a splunking game that required fast typing skill to navigate past bats and stuff.

daleious

Dec 24, 2008
Dont ask me whats its called but when i was in primary school we had this adventure type game in egypt and places similar, i remember wanting to play it all the time but cant think of the name for the life of me

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I really enjoyed Mario Teaches Typing. Looking back, I realize it was sub-standard at best when held up to the standards of most Mario games, but when I was little, I was just jazzed that I was playing a Mario game in school.

I also distinctly remember playing a lot of Reader Rabbit games, though I can't for the life of me remember what these games actually consisted of.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is where it was at. At least for us old dudes anyway.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
The Crystal Rainforest. It may not even have been educational, I just remember playing it in school more than once, which makes it educational. Sort of.

AlphaLackey

Apr 2, 2004
Sunburst Communications had a line of computer games, and they were awesome. "Gears" and "The Factory" come to mind. The former taught you gear ratios, the latter made you build an assembly line to create a finished product, and you had to reverse-engineer the operations needed to be performed on the starting object.