Third Dark Knight Story From Frank Miller Coming In 2015

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Charcharo said:
We wont have time to see who was right or wrong. We would already be dead :p...

The chances of me crewing any one of these machines is minimal. For me a realistic one would be T-72M2 (very heavily upgraded, not like them monkey models :p... but still old) or a Leopard 2 :p

I WOULD choose and Abrams though. Comparable power to the T-90, but better crew comfort.

As a general or a commander or a politician though... I would choose T-90. Comparable to Abrams yet cheaper.

The Type 99 and its variants seem to be the real deal. They are taking their program very seriously. The Chinese had weapon tests a year ago with cannons from all over the world. They liked the Russian 125mm the most (though the L55 of the Leopard 2 was no worse).
However, their variant of the Russian 125mm 2A46 which is used on the new models is even better.
That is what they say. And the Chinese, even if they do use propaganda on their populace, take these things seriously.

So I do think it is at least comparable to other modern tanks. Very cheap too.... well compared to the rest :p ...

There is nothing wrong with copying what works. All are copying old French/German/British/Soviet designs at this point anyway :D

The T-14 may be quite exciting. Of coarse, later on even better tanks will come, but the entire program the Russians had with the "Armata" series was VERY well thought out.
We are so off topic I feel bad and yet I'm so interested in the topic I can hardly fail to respond. It's a dilemma!

I wouldn't chose the Abrams because of crew comfort but crew survivability. The Abrams is very resistant to damage whilst also keeping teh crew alive. As far as I know, only one crew has ever been killed in combat driving an Abrams. The tank itself, even if damaged, can usually be repaired. The crew... not so much. There is a lot more doubt surrounding the T-90 because, even though it has similar armor specs, the ammunition storage is awful because of the auto-loader. There are good reasons to think that a penetrated Abrams will keep its crew alive and be repaired. There are also good reasons to think that a T-90 who's internal ammo explodes will leave you with a dead crew and unsalvageable tank.

I do know of the weapons tests for the Type 99, the issue I have is with the claims matching up with reality. This is why I mentioned the FC-31 and J-series aircraft. On the spreadsheet, the stats look great but video of manuvers for the various craft show very troubling design flaws. Even though the J-series is basically a rip-off of the MiG, it's anything but a perfect copy. Check out the way the FC-31 looses altitude during manuvers, and that's even without its combat package installed. This has left me soured on teh reliability of Chinese made armaments regardless of what the posted stats are and regardless of how serious they are about having a good MBT. I'm not saying it's a bad tank, I really don't know, but I'm not going to take tehir word for it either.

Also, it's not so much copying what works that's the problem. It's poorly copying what works.

I totally agree about the Armata series though. The achievements with that tank have been admirable!

Thanks for chatting by the way, I love bantering about military tech and get so few chances to do so. I appreciate your time!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Oh, great. More Grimdark Machismo bullshit.

Stay retired, Miller - you're nothing but a walking heap of Film Noir clichés and personal issues smashed together.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Talk about flogging a dead horse. Yes Frank Miller, we get it, you think Batman is awesome and Superman sucks.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
elvor0 said:
I was just saying to my wife the other day that I was pretty sure DC or Marvel refuse to work with him anymore after Holy Terror and Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Cap was MillAr, not MillEr. But they're both terrible so it's a wash anyway.

Uber said:
Having really liked Brian Azzarello's Joker, I'm... curious, if nothing else. Never did read DKR2 after hearing about what a mess it is, though, and I'm curious if that'll be a prerequisite, or if this'll take the thread from the end of the first DKR and run with it instead.
elvor0 said:
I shall have to check out Azzarello's Joker, I'd not actually heard of it before now, or at least I'd forgotten about it
It's okay. Not bad, not great. For the most part it's a good examination of what kind of person it takes to say "Hench for the Joker? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." It's VERY out-of-continuity though, so I wouldn't worry about it being relevant to DKR3.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Travis Fischer said:
elvor0 said:
I was just saying to my wife the other day that I was pretty sure DC or Marvel refuse to work with him anymore after Holy Terror and Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Cap was MillAr, not MillEr. But they're both terrible so it's a wash anyway.
Oh. Doip ><. I've only ever seen it referred to as just Miller or Millar's Captain America, never with the Mark in front. Considering how shite and similar to post-insane Frank Millar the writing was, I just assumed it was Frank Miller.

Travis Fischer said:
Uber said:
Having really liked Brian Azzarello's Joker, I'm... curious, if nothing else. Never did read DKR2 after hearing about what a mess it is, though, and I'm curious if that'll be a prerequisite, or if this'll take the thread from the end of the first DKR and run with it instead.
elvor0 said:
I shall have to check out Azzarello's Joker, I'd not actually heard of it before now, or at least I'd forgotten about it
It's okay. Not bad, not great. For the most part it's a good examination of what kind of person it takes to say "Hench for the Joker? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." It's VERY out-of-continuity though, so I wouldn't worry about it being relevant to DKR3.
Oh no, I didn't think it would be relevant, just wanted to check it out as a piece, regardless of the continuity it existed in. Heck even the current continuity doesn't exist within its own continuity at times within the New 52.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
elvor0 said:
Oh. Doip ><. I've only ever seen it referred to as just Miller or Millar's Captain America, never with the Mark in front. Considering how shite and similar to post-insane Frank Millar the writing was, I just assumed it was Frank Miller.
Back in the day I used to tell them apart by remembering that "A is for Asshole, and that's how Millar writes all his characters."

Not sure that distinction is going to be much help nowadays.

croc3629

Mar 20, 2011
Why does DC still keep giving this man work?

Do comic companies employ their own form of tenure?

Do they actually think this is a good idea considering the major motion picture they have
in the works?

SteinarB

Jun 16, 2014
It really is a shame. I loved Frank Miller's work on Daredevil and Batman Year One back in the day, but in the intervening time he's gone completely crazy. And it's not even an interesting kind of crazy like Alan Moore, but simply full-blown raving wingnut.