This EVE Online Space Battle Cost $15,000

Tibike77

Mar 20, 2008
neurohazzard said:
Wait....did that video say they were blowing up evoke tech moons?
O_O is THAT why the price of technetium has been spiking to badly? Well, I guess now I have someone to shake my fist at -_-
As for getting into Eve, I love the game, but yeah, I gotta say: If you can't deal with being bombarded by information, it's not the game for you.
The NC & Co. are trying to take over as many Technetium moons as possible to better control the supply of it, since it's most likely the one most important bottleneck in tech2 ship production (but doubly so for exhumers)...
...if they manage to do that, they can ramp up its price even more (although if you are to believe what some of their members claim, they're not yet putting the breaks on what they bring to the market), like the good old days of dysprosium/promethium and "other alliances" that had a decent control over most of those.

TL;DR : it's a bit more complicated than just "fighting caused technetium price to spike" ;)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lolz 300 bil ISK is chump change to most of these corporations XD

the cost of a single titan is close to 70 bil ISK.

suzaku4489

Jun 8, 2010
This reminded me of Sins of a Solar Empire. Its like my space battles, but each little ship is a real person, and would probably listen to my commands better!

neurohazzard

Nov 24, 2007
Tibike77 said:
neurohazzard said:
Wait....did that video say they were blowing up evoke tech moons?
O_O is THAT why the price of technetium has been spiking to badly? Well, I guess now I have someone to shake my fist at -_-
As for getting into Eve, I love the game, but yeah, I gotta say: If you can't deal with being bombarded by information, it's not the game for you.
The NC & Co. are trying to take over as many Technetium moons as possible to better control the supply of it, since it's most likely the one most important bottleneck in tech2 ship production (but doubly so for exhumers)...
...if they manage to do that, they can ramp up its price even more (although if you are to believe what some of their members claim, they're not yet putting the breaks on what they bring to the market), like the good old days of dysprosium/promethium and "other alliances" that had a decent control over most of those.

TL;DR : it's a bit more complicated than just "fighting caused technetium price to spike" ;)
Heh, yeah, all I know is it's eating into the profit on my buzzard production chain, so I'm really hoping either the price of technetium goes down or the price of buzzards goes up, because currently it's the other way around :'(

Tibike77

Mar 20, 2008
neurohazzard said:
Heh, yeah, all I know is it's eating into the profit on my buzzard production chain, so I'm really hoping either the price of technetium goes down or the price of buzzards goes up, because currently it's the other way around :'(
The proper way to address this issue is to temporarily stop Buzzard production, keep buying up all Buzzard stocks and relist them at a higher price, then resume Buzzard production only when price has moved sufficiently upwards to become profitable again.
Heh.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
The music sounded familiar . . . could someone please tell me what song this is or where it's from? Dammit! Dammit! dammit! It's so familiar but from where?

INCEPTION! INCEPTION! YES, IT'S INCEPTION!

popepaul3

Sep 8, 2010
Cousin_IT said:
twaddle said:
i feel perplexed as in that video i had no idea what i was exactly looking at.
You were looking at an awe inspiring armada of hundreds of ships including many dozens of capitol class vessels as they systematically sieged & destroyed the hard work & financial investment of their enemies.

Or, to put it another way, you watched a few hundred people spend several days watching their internet spaceships shooting internet spacefactories with their screens zoomed fully out in the hope of getting their FPS into double digits, occasionally clicking f1-f6 when their internet spaceship guns have reloaded (probably with several minute time delays), destroying the work of a few guys & their alt accounts (the people who actually run these things), who will probably be building new ones within a month.

As ever, EVE reads much better than it plays.
Here-here! That game is mind-numbing!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Eruanno said:
Not a lot of impressive space battles in that video. Mostly just blinking blobs far away. For all I know, it could be aliens discovering how to build flashlights!
Indeed, that's because there wasn't any opposition. Sure, assembling the largest ever capital fleet is awesome, but if it doesn't have an almost equally large fleet to fight against it epicness is kind of lost.

neurohazzard

Nov 24, 2007
Tibike77 said:
neurohazzard said:
The proper way to address this issue is to temporarily stop Buzzard production, keep buying up all Buzzard stocks and relist them at a higher price, then resume Buzzard production only when price has moved sufficiently upwards to become profitable again.
Heh.
Heh, I wish I had the money to do that, but as is, well, I got pvp ships to buy =P

As for "Eve is mind numbing", well, I POS bash isn't the best example of Eve. It's definitely a game for the patient, but damn, the actual pvp is awesome.