This Guy is the BEST Game Analyst No One's heard of

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Hey Escapists! I've been lurking off and on for a while, and back when I first joined I caught a glimpse of this guy in the User Review section: EmceeProphIt. To put it short and sweet, I've never met someone who has so much to add to the conversation on 'Games as Art' as this guy. And the amazing thing is, he doesn't even question if games are art, he just dives in a proves that they are. And he's funny to boot. He does a lot of research, uses outside references, and makes a persuasive, compelling argument on what he think the actual intended message of a game is. He also does some thorough, in depth reviews, and he is far an away the most underrated content creator I've ever seen. I know the escapist, and I know a lot of you will like this guy.

I don't really get how no one knows this guy exists, and it kinda drives me crazy. I'm a biased fanboy by now, but not for no reason. I think he has just under 10k subs. That's nothing. I feel like people should promote actual conversation about a game's theming and subtext rather than throwing around random theories about how Mario is secretly a sociopath or whatever. And he does just that, and even keeps his comment section classy and on topic. He's a pretty chill guy and I think more people should hear what he has to say.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
When you hyped him up so much I kinda rolled my eyes but...I'm pretty impressed. Good voice, good presentation, actually seems to make a good point with his arguments. insta-Subbed, hope he get's more exposure.

The big thing I like is that he kinda makes YOU think for yourself a bit, gives some good open ended questions.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
IndignantMole said:
When you hyped him up so much I kinda rolled my eyes but...I'm pretty impressed. Good voice, good presentation, actually seems to make a good point with his arguments. insta-Subbed, hope he get's more exposure.

The big thing I like is that he kinda makes YOU think for yourself a bit, gives some good open ended questions.
I know right? You should check his Twilight Princess and Majora vids on Zelda. He kinda blew my mind with the questions at the end of those games.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Oh my god yes he is. Pleasant surprise to see him shared anywhere really.

Watch this one if you aren't sold yet or just hate Undertale:

He's uploading pretty fast lately too. :D

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
*SomethingWorse Stamp of Approval*

Because that means something. But yeah, everyone should check him out. Very funny guy.

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
IndignantMole said:

That's a god point, and something I wish was more common with web creators. There's an undercurrent of 'I'm right, you're wrong' to a lot of analysis and journalists in general. Emcee's pretty good about letting everyone say their piece, and discussing with people.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
False Nobility said:
Oh my god yes he is. Pleasant surprise to see him shared anywhere really.

Watch this one if you aren't sold yet or just hate Undertale:

He's uploading pretty fast lately too. :D
Thaat's my personal fav, not gonna lie. I could listen to him ramble about old games for hours. Hope he talks final fantasy eventually.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hm. He's mostly talking about old stuff. Not of interest to me.

I watched his "Citizen Kane of Gaming" video. He didn't say anything new but, credit where it's due, he makes his points well and manages to not come across as yet another petulant, nasal-voiced gamer with a Youtube channel and a fanboy axe to grind.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
SomethingWorse said:
That's a god point, and something I wish was more common with web creators. There's an undercurrent of 'I'm right, you're wrong' to a lot of analysis and journalists in general. Emcee's pretty good about letting everyone say their piece, and discussing with people.
Zhukov said:
credit where it's due, he makes his points well and manages to not come across as yet another petulant, nasal-voiced gamer with a Youtube channel and a fanboy axe to grind.
On that note, I was scrolling through his comments on a Zelda vid and he actually called people out for flagging a dissenting opinion as spam. the 'spam' in question literally called him 'painfully unfunny'. Is this man real? Is this actual youtube?

It's pretty cool of him. Especially since, quite frankly, I find him very funny.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Actually, funny story, I've known about him for a long time because he posted one of his early videos to the forums here a while back. I haven't watched his videos in forever but remember them being pretty good. At the time I was more interested in studying more classic literary tools like symbolism, now-a-days I'm less interested, especially when it comes to games. Still, if you are interested in that kind of thing he's great.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Dango said:
Actually, funny story, I've known about him for a long time because he posted one of his early videos to the forums here a while back. I haven't watched his videos in forever but remember them being pretty good. At the time I was more interested in studying more classic literary tools like symbolism, now-a-days I'm less interested, especially when it comes to games. Still, if you are interested in that kind of thing he's great.
To be fair, he does still do normal reviews as well. I dunno if that's more your cup of tea.

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
IndignantMole said:
On that note, I was scrolling through his comments on a Zelda vid and he actually called people out for flagging a dissenting opinion as spam. the 'spam' in question literally called him 'painfully unfunny'. Is this man real? Is this actual youtube?

It's pretty cool of him. Especially since, quite frankly, I find him very funny.
He's thankfully always been like that. Pretty cautious about youtube drama. Thank god.

And yeah, I actually like his jokes the most out of his stuff. The intro to his latest one still leaves me in stitches.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Thaat's my personal fav, not gonna lie. I could listen to him ramble about old games for hours. Hope he talks final fantasy eventually.
I'd love for him to do another big retrospective after he finishes Skyward Sword. Maybe he'll tackle FF. He's clearly an RPG nerd. Ever since Spoony finished Ultima I've had a retro void in my life.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
SomethingWorse said:
I was not prepared for such clever plot twists. Also damn that game is pretty, but I take it he didn't like it to much. I'll watch the rest. Glad this thread popped up to save my boring, sleepless night. :]

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
That no one heard of???
Seriously?
EmceeProphet is even an Escapist member and has put up all his Legend of Zelda reviews here!
You should at least check his Twilight Princess ones, they're fucking awesome!
Can't remember his escapist username but yeah, he has quite a lot of views on youtube and people here seem to like him.

And one last thing, you missed one hell of a shot on the headline!
In the minibox on the first page, the headline read: This Guy is the BEST Game Analyst No One...
And then it ended with: ...s heard of when it clearly should've been "Ever Was" ;D

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
False Nobility said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
I'd love for him to do another big retrospective after he finishes Skyward Sword. Maybe he'll tackle FF. He's clearly an RPG nerd. Ever since Spoony finished Ultima I've had a retro void in my life.
That would be pretty glorious. Emcee said he's trying to upload more often so maybe he'll tackle a big project like that :D

I've actually never watched Spoony's ultima stuff, I'll have to check it out.

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
Guffe said:
That no one heard of???
Seriously?
EmceeProphet is even an Escapist member and has put up all his Legend of Zelda reviews here!
You should at least check his Twilight Princess ones, they're fucking awesome!
Can't remember his escapist username but yeah, he has quite a lot of views on youtube and people here seem to like him.

And one last thing, you missed one hell of a shot on the headline!
In the minibox on the first page, the headline read: This Guy is the BEST Game Analyst No One...
And then it ended with: ...s heard of when it clearly should've been "Ever Was" ;D
Poor dude's more obscure than he should be, sadly.

But I agree, Santa. You missed a golden opportunity here.

IndignantMole said:
Glad this thread popped up to save my boring, sleepless night. :]
I can attest that he's very good binge material on nights like that. He's delayed many an essay...

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
False Nobility said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
That would be pretty glorious. Emcee said he's trying to upload more often so maybe he'll tackle a big project like that :D

I've actually never watched Spoony's ultima stuff, I'll have to check it out.
So long as you're okay with not being productive for the rest of the day, you'll like it. :)

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
IndignantMole said:
SomethingWorse said:
Zhukov said:
credit where it's due, he makes his points well and manages to not come across as yet another petulant, nasal-voiced gamer with a Youtube channel and a fanboy axe to grind.

Oh, yeah, this guy. I remember disagreeing with him once, and we had a discussion on one of the forums. He seemed like a really open minded guy, and he actually listened to what was being said. So many people talk at each other, instead of to each other.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Speak of the devil!

He literally just uploaded this, and I think it's one of his funniest. That intro, damn. XD