This Guy is the BEST Game Analyst No One's heard of

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Revnak said:
Overusedname said:
Hey! A friend of mine just linked me to this. I'm Emcee. We talked before in the User Reviews. And this is really kind of you. I just want you to know I appreciate, and appreciate everyone here giving my pretentious crap a fair shot. Got quite a few new subs today, and good feedback, so thank you :)
As one of those new subs, I gotta say, I am jealous of your facial hair. That's all really.
My beard and I thank you for the compliment and the sub.

Danbo Jambo said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
I know what you mean, and a lot of my friends are in a similar boat. Bullet Hell isn't exactly for everyone. Is it difficult or just boring, may I ask? Cuz there is some gear that makes it easier.
I just struggled with it all round. The charm, magic, originality & "genius" of the game isn't lost o me; and I think it's a great, fresh & clever appraoch to gaming.

But it just bored me, and I found myself constantly desperate to reach the next save point so I could quit. I think the core gameplay mechanic is horrid tbh (I've no controller and have to use keys, so maybe that doesn't help?), but I also feel detatched from the game for some reason. It feels more like watching a film than being part of an RPG, and I'm not sure why? Maybe the lack of levelling-up & in game "rewards" has something to do with it?
I would say it is a very 'on rails' experience in some ways, despite the vastly different endings. I would recommend just watching a silent let's play. Undertale is basically an exploration game, with very little depth. It's more like Yume nikki or other atmospheric exploration games, more than an RPG.
Hazy said:
Love both those bros. Basically the only youtubers I recommend to people who like my stuff. I only recently found Bunnyhop, really like him so far.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Danbo Jambo said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
I know what you mean, and a lot of my friends are in a similar boat. Bullet Hell isn't exactly for everyone. Is it difficult or just boring, may I ask? Cuz there is some gear that makes it easier.
I just struggled with it all round. The charm, magic, originality & "genius" of the game isn't lost o me; and I think it's a great, fresh & clever appraoch to gaming.

But it just bored me, and I found myself constantly desperate to reach the next save point so I could quit. I think the core gameplay mechanic is horrid tbh (I've no controller and have to use keys, so maybe that doesn't help?), but I also feel detatched from the game for some reason. It feels more like watching a film than being part of an RPG, and I'm not sure why? Maybe the lack of levelling-up & in game "rewards" has something to do with it?
Ah, I see. Well, it's a very odd game and hardly a real RPG, so I can understand that. Like emcee said above, watching a playthrough ain't a bad idea. Where did you leave off?

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Revnak said:
As one of those new subs, I gotta say, I am jealous of your facial hair. That's all really.
So am I.

And I'm a woman.

Freaking beard privileges oppressing me.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
IndignantMole said:
Revnak said:
So am I.

And I'm a woman.

Freaking beard privileges oppressing me.
I'll be sure to check my privilege.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Ah, I see. Well, it's a very odd game and hardly a real RPG, so I can understand that. Like emcee said above, watching a playthrough ain't a bad idea. Where did you leave off?
I did the skeleton date which was funny, and then I remember going through a chamber where flowers echo'd what people had said.

Is there much of the game left from there? As you both say, may just be better for me to watch it.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Danbo Jambo said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
I did the skeleton date which was funny, and then I remember going through a chamber where flowers echo'd what people had said.

Is there much of the game left from there? As you both say, may just be better for me to watch it.
Sorry for the delayed response. I would say you're about a 3rd of the way through, assuming you haven't fought a crazy fish lady yet. There's plenty of funny/emotional stuff left, and I will say the gameplay get's more complicated and surprising as time goes on. I'd say press on a bit, and if you aren't impressed with the twists, then just hop on over to a let's play. You seem to be enjoying the story and jokes more than the gameplay, if I'm not mistaken. :)