This Is How You Make a Fun Zombie Movie: Wyrmwood Review

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
This Is How You Make a Fun Zombie Movie: Wyrmwood Review

With some unique twists, Wyrmwood makes zombies fun again.

Read Full Article

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Smilomaniac said:
It grew on me, it really did. I don't remember when I last laughed from my stomach while watching a movie, either because it was so stupid that it had to be funny or because it was genuinly funny, but it's been a while until I saw this.
I know, right? It's amazing how the movie disarms you and gets you riding the fun train.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Started out liking the movie, but by the time it finished I was bored. I missed any sense of escalation or progress throughout the movie, it all felt very much the same from beginning to end: fight and flee, fight and flee, fight and flee.

To anybody interested in a similar yet better movie, check out the Cuban zombie comedy "Juan de los muertos" (Juan of the Dead).

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
The funny thing is it's easier to see it overseas than it is to see it in Australia at the moment.

It sucks though that Wyrmwood is being widely pirated. It was made on a deferred budget by a indie studio so all the pirating is really unexcuseable.

I'll wait for the Dvd.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
I'm surprised so many people here have seen this already. I had an absolute blast with this film. Perfect atmosphere at the outdoor moonlight cinema in the melbourne botanical gardens too, with the bats doing their nightly thing through it all.

If you haven't seen another australian film "Undead" then get it immediately. Another batshit crazy over the top zom-com. i love it, one of my favourite pieces of australian cinema. Also, The loved Ones - probably the best australian horror film ever made. We make good horror here. Just pretend like the Wolf Creek franchise doesn't exist.

Where all did everyone else see this?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
This is the first I've heard of this movie; I'll add it to my watchlist. That said, any zombie movie has a long way to go before it can reach the wacky perfection of Tokyo Zombie.

Also, since I'm assuming more movie reviews are going to have this format, would it be possible to list the release date and studio information similar to the game reviews? It'll help with older movies and the different release dates across different regions.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
flying_whimsy said:
This is the first I've heard of this movie; I'll add it to my watchlist. That said, any zombie movie has a long way to go before it can reach the wacky perfection of Tokyo Zombie.

Also, since I'm assuming more movie reviews are going to have this format, would it be possible to list the release date and studio information similar to the game reviews? It'll help with older movies and the different release dates across different regions.
Sure! I've added the info.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
flying_whimsy said:
Rhykker said:
Sure! I've added the info.
Oh my gosh someone read my post. Thank you for adding that. (I'm not being sarcastic; I'm just used to sort of being invisible.)
I think you'd be surprised to know how much we read user posts; we just may not always have the time to reply.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
This looks great, I'm glad someone else saw Undead also. The Amish Ninja guy was so hilarious.

Also on the list of really fun but lesser known zombie movies

Dead Snow 1 & 2 (1 is better imo)
Boy Eats Girl
Dance of the Dead
BioZombie
Black Sheep (not exactly zombies but might as well be)
Special Dead (no budget and completely hilarious)
Zombies of Mass Destruction