This is killing me!

MathieuLH

Jul 19, 2010
A co-worker and i got talking about a game that we used to play as kids. The player is like a detective, and they're wandering around a high school at night looking for clues. Somehow a camera came into play (i think to record clues and flash bad guys), and i think you had a flashlight as well. I'm pretty sure it was an educational game, and you had to solve math problems to get clues. Also the theme song to the game is The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Paul Abraham Dukas.

What is the name of this game!? my co-worker is the only other person i know who has played it or even heard of it. I think it has "midnight" i the title.

Help.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
MathieuLH said:
A co-worker and i got talking about a game that we used to play as kids. The player is like a detective, and they're wandering around a high school at night looking for clues. Somehow a camera came into play (i think to record clues and flash bad guys), and i think you had a flashlight as well. I'm pretty sure it was an educational game, and you had to solve math problems to get clues. Also the theme song to the game is The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Paul Abraham Dukas.

What is the name of this game!? my co-worker is the only other person i know who has played it or even heard of it. I think it has "midnight" i the title.

Help.
Midnight Rescue?

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Excuse the thread jacking please, but I believe that this thread could serve a purpose :D

Okay, so I played a game where it was the looney toons characters going through specific levels. I believe it was on ps1, and you first got to play as either bugs or daffy (go figure, but you had to collect items and beat the bosses, which were other looney toons like elmer fudd and Taz. Oh and one of the levels was an aztec style pyramid with some extra stuff around...

NAME THAT GAME!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
FallenTraveler said:
Excuse the thread jacking please, but I believe that this thread could serve a purpose :D

Okay, so I played a game where it was the looney toons characters going through specific levels. I believe it was on ps1, and you first got to play as either bugs or daffy (go figure, but you had to collect items and beat the bosses, which were other looney toons like elmer fudd and Taz. Oh and one of the levels was an aztec style pyramid with some extra stuff around...

NAME THAT GAME!
Just find a list of all PSX games and it'll be somewhere. PS1 has a surprisingly small lineup.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
FallenTraveler said:

NAME THAT GAME!
I'd know that game anywhere. It's Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters.

My brother and I used to have a blast with that game.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Z of the Na said:
I'd know that game anywhere. It's Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters.

My brother and I used to have a blast with that game.
Thank you so much, now to try and find it! :D

captcha: "nomper grund-" ? Really

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
An old computer game where you were a dinosaur hunter of some sorts, had your own trophy room etc, and for some reason the only way to kill a T-Rex was to shoot it in the eyes.
NAME THAT GAME.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Furioso said:
An old computer game where you were a dinosaur hunter of some sorts, had your own trophy room etc, and for some reason the only way to kill a T-Rex was to shoot it in the eyes.
NAME THAT GAME.
Was that Dino Crisis?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Furioso said:
NAME THAT GAME.
Maybe this?

No idea though.

Edit - Trying to find a better video.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
I wonder if I should try my luck here.

I remember playing a game a long time ago. I was flying a spaceship through underground installations (on different planets) to get a nuclear bomb (if I remember correctly), then carrying that bomb out. I remember it being difficult because the bomb weighted a lot, and made it difficult to steer the ship (the bomb was attached with a "rope" of sorts).

It was really fun, I wish I could play it again.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Furioso said:
NAME THAT GAME.
Obviously <color=maroon>Carnivores!

http://media.classic-gaming.net/covers/normal/33/334-front.jpg

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Hiikuro said:
I wonder if I should try my luck here.

I remember playing a game a long time ago. I was flying a spaceship through underground installations (on different planets) to get a nuclear bomb (if I remember correctly), then carrying that bomb out. I remember it being difficult because the bomb weighted a lot, and made it difficult to steer the ship (the bomb was attached with a "rope" of sorts).

It was really fun, I wish I could play it again.
Flying a space ship underground? Was it a Zero-G environment?

Could it be Descent?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Descent.jpg

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
A game where you play as a shaman for the blue village on your little planet. You could use spells that terraformed the land, summoned plants, tornadoes, etc.... I think it was for ps1.
You had villagers you made mate and got more villagers and you could train them to become warriors and things.
hlp me pls....

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Could be Descent?

I was expecting that reply, but no. This game was a 2D sidescroller, and gravity played a pivotal role. Though the Descent series was really enjoyable as well.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Hiikuro said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Could be Descent?

I was expecting that reply, but no. This game was a 2D sidescroller, and gravity played a pivotal role. Though the Descent series was really enjoyable as well.
Was it on the Sega Mega Drive?
Because if it was I've been trying to find that game as well.

Lullabye said:
A game where you play as a shaman for the blue village on your little planet. You could use spells that terraformed the land, summoned plants, tornadoes, etc.... I think it was for ps1.
You had villagers you made mate and got more villagers and you could train them to become warriors and things.
hlp me pls....
Populus?

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Alright then, an N64 Japanese (in both setting, voice acting and game title) platformer game. You play a black-spiked-hair red-clothed boy running round collecting coins and eating dumplings on a skewer for health. Weird face things are enemies, and I cannot for the life of me remember any story-line (then again, this was about 10 years ago). Really obscure, any ideas?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Hiikuro said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Could be Descent?

Huh, no idea then. I was a little skeptical about my answer since I don't remember Descent having any mission like that (didn't play Descent 2 and 3).

moretimethansense said:
Lullabye said:
hlp me pls....
Populus?
I swear I was going to say that, but I had no idea Populus had a PS1 port. Well, the more you know!

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
moretimethansense said:
Was it on the Sega Mega Drive?
Because if it was I've been trying to find that game as well.
I played this on a PC, and it was probably not that long ago.

Other things I remember about the game: I definitely remember I was playing the demo version of the game. It ended after the first boss I think, after fighting a large worm-like thing (IIRC). I think I played it around 2000, and I'm fairly sure it was developed by a smaller company.

It had either a cartoonish style, reminiscent of Commander Keen 4+ but more detailed, or a more realistic style. I think it was more cartoonish.