This Is the Most Badass Alphabet of All Time

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
This Is the Most Badass Alphabet of All Time

As almost every English-speaking child knows, A is for Apple. A is also for Awesome, as in "Holy crap, this is a totally freaking Awesome version of the alphabet."

It's a safe bet that all of us at some point learned how to read the Roman alphabet via the most mundane of mnemonics: A is for Apple, B is for Boy, C is for Cat, D is for Dog, E is for Etc. Effective, yes, but nowhere near as face-rockingly amazing as the "A-Z of Awesomeness." [http://www.neillcameron.com/A_to_Z.html]

A series of illustrations by artist Neill Cameron, the A-Z of Awesomeness attempts to spice up the boring ol' alphabet with as much fantastically geeky alliteration as can be reasonably crammed into any one picture. B is for Buffy Bravely Battling Beelzebub; G is for Galactus Geeking out with his Glove puppets of Gundam and Godzilla; O is for Optimus Prime Obliterating Oompa-Loompas, and so on.

While the pure silliness of the the actual "(Letter) is for (Description)" is enough to sell this on its own, it's the hilarious illustrations that really pull it together. Well done, Mr. Cameron - well done indeed.

You may have seen this before, as it was first put together via Mr. Cameron's Twitter/Facebook during the summer of '09, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there (like, for instance, myself) who haven't seen it before. So this is for all of you poor, deprived souls who haven't yet known the glory that is Uhura and Ultraman on a Unicorn Underwater.

You're welcome.

(Via Unreality [http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/03/25/the-most-badass-alphabet-ever/])

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Furburt said:
I am so becoming a primary school teacher for the express purpose of teaching this to children.

They'll be so well equipped!
I'm re-teaching my students the alphabet with this.

And I teach secondary school maths!
This one would be so much better with the roles reversed.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Well i just gave them a good looksee and i was amazed by all except two letters R because i couldn't tell what it was saying and J because it was just so utterly disturbing. Other than Mr.Cameron gets a tip of my hat.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
......this is one of the greatest things i have ever seen.
This alphabet must be taught in all schools.
it is now law(stamps and signs official bill making it law in Gigatania)

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
SnootyEnglishman said:
Well i just gave them a good looksee and i was amazed by all except two letters R because i couldn't tell what it was saying and J because it was just so utterly disturbing. Other than Mr.Cameron gets a tip of my hat.
R has a translation at the bottom.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
That was utterly awesome.

I hope this becomes part of every country's curriculum. Even if they don't use the A-Z alphabet.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
It's re-written in a normal font in the bottom right hand corner.
J is quite disturbing though...

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
scnj said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
R has a translation at the bottom.
thanks for that info. but it still doesn't excuse J.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
X made me chuckle so hard with the professor in the background.

Great images lol