This Republican Video Game is the Elephant in the Room

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
This Republican Video Game is the Elephant in the Room

Critical Intel takes a look at an interesting - if misguided - attempt to use video games as a form of political advertisement.

Read Full Article

The World Famous

Mar 1, 2010
Such a prime example of the major failing of the GOP: They just don't get this confangled modern technology.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I imagine how this happened.

"kids like computer games right? We got that young intern who works with computers, have him bang one out this afternoon."

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Ah, but the Republican Party WAS being fiscally responsible with this release.

They quickly realized this game would not be something that would convince anyone, and therefore ceased development on it.
They still had a few levels, so they obviously thought that releasing what they had could at least bring some attention to their causes.
Realizing that the only ones who would be interested in this game was those already on board with their rhetoric they chose to put a log in-feature in, to ensure that the game would work as a confirmation of an already held worldview of their audience.

The above message is pure speculation, it could be as Eric the Orange said:
Eric the Orange said:
"kids like computer games right? We got that young intern who works with computers, have him bang one out this afternoon."

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Jim Sterling has a Let's Play of this "game" on his YouTube channel.

Giopi the elephant looks like a dead-eyed abomination.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
kailus13 said:
Giopi the elephant looks like a dead-eyed abomination.
Like Mickey Mouse before they gave him pupils. Giopi looks more appropriate in a Manhunt-themed game where you slink through warehouses to brutally murder Democratic leaders.

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
Oh, so if you donate $30 or more, they just give you the shirt anyway. So if they get enough people to donate independent from that poor idea, they can at least tell people they moved all the shirts, so it was a success. Shouldering the cost and effort to throw them away to their donors. That does sound kinda GOP-like lol

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Good gravy, it's like Stan Smith designed a video game!
Nah, Stan Smith would get some CIA guys to make it, most likely would induce brainwashing.
And wouldn't have a background that is a cropped tileset.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
So the Republicans tried to reach out to the young people with the beep-boop-beep machines? Yeah looks like they nailed that down well, I have to laugh that they even managed to squeeze Benghazi into that as well.

Apologies to any American conservatives but the Republican party and some of its more vocal advocates do seem like some kind of parody political party sometimes.

CaptainBennett

Sep 6, 2014
The real elephant in the room, I'm afraid is that the following perfectly describes the recent misadventures of the gaming press:

'...an interesting - if misguided - attempt to use video games as a form of political advertisement.'

And for the record, I don't feel bad for the Republican party at all. :)

Failsafe Operator

Mar 25, 2012
J Tyran said:
So the Republicans tried to reach out to the young people with the beep-boop-beep machines? Yeah looks like they nailed that down well, I have to laugh that they even managed to squeeze Benghazi into that as well.

Apologies to any American conservatives but the Republican party and some of its more vocal advocates do seem like some kind of parody political party sometimes.
Wasserman Schultz...oh the things she will say to get attention. Thanks Escapist for a great review. I was expecting a good ole conservative bashathon, but instead I got a great review.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
J Tyran said:

You should check out the Tea Party sometime. They are the most American Mericans that evere Mericaed Murica oh and did I mention Merica? I feel like I didn't mention Merica enough to satisfy their Merican Murica need to Merica Merica.

And yes that is what they sound like.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I really can't find this amusing. I'm even having trouble finding it sad. It just adds to my view that the Republican party consists of a bunch of angry old people who aren't comfortable with anything that didn't appear in an episode of Leave It to Beaver.

ryazoph

Aug 5, 2014
It's a real pity that the arts are dominated by liberals. The better political browser games are by molleindustria.