This War of Mine Bound for Board Game Adaptation

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
This War of Mine Bound for Board Game Adaptation

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1008/1008636.pngPopular survival game coming to tabletop in 2016

Yet another video game is about to make the transition into board game form, as 11 Bit Studios has announced a tabletop version of This War is Mine due in 2016.

As in the video game, players control civilians living in a war-torn city, and must work together to overcome challenges and make difficult choices in the name of survival. The board game will feature play for up to six players, along with single player variant rules. According to a press release, the game will be simple enough to not require reading the rules prior to play.

A companion app will also be available, providing options to enhance the tabletop game with a soundtrack, story updates, scenario-trigger scripts, radio plays, and game-related puzzles. The app will also feature unlockable bonus content.

Interested parties can sign up for a mailing list [http://thiswarofminetheboardgame.com] which promises more information at a later date.

This War of Mine released as a videogame first on PC last year. A console launch of the title is imminent, scheduled to release January 29, 2016 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with new characters and missions as This War of Mine: The Little Ones.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I was wondering if this was a good idea, but then I remembered there's a tabletop game about the holocaust that was actually really good (Extra Credits brought it up once), so what the hoo-ha.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
For some reason this seems like a perfectly natural transition to me, though I'm not sure why.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Awesome. I hope it plays out like a more interesting version of Crossroads: Dead of Winter. A game in which I felt it'd have been a lot more interesting if it weren't based around zombies. This should be the ticket.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
If that means I can experience it without dealing with the god-awful controls, I'm all for it.