This Week in Gaming History

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
This Week in Gaming History

It's time to crack open the time capsule and take a look at this week in gaming history.

Read Full Article

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I think it was in the Michigan Fed. Courts striking a similar law down, but the Federal judge got so pissed off that he wrote this hilarious paragraph about how the people responsible for writing the law should be sued. He just pointed out that it blatantly violates the First Amendment, has been proven in various courts to violate it beforehand, and anyone who bothered to research or check the law before passage would've spotted this.

It's too bad they have legal immunity for that kind of waste, but hopefully folks are stumping & running campaigns to get some fresh people in office.

spartyblb

Sep 11, 2008
I'm unclear on why people think that banning "harmful" materials is the best option.

In my admittedly limited experience if I am told I can not have something, why, what could I possibly desire more?

I think history shows this in many places, like, for example the prohibition (although being able to be a digital bootlegger, with swanky underground video game clubs does sound rather glamorous)

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
spartyblb post=6.73327.792867 said:
I think history shows this in many places, like, for example the prohibition (although being able to be a digital bootlegger, with swanky underground video game clubs does sound rather glamorous)
It would definitely make up for a good novel... or game itself :p

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Portal has proven that when given a choice, people won't necessarily choose the most violent...