This will blow your mind - Is this reality?

masher

Jul 20, 2009
When I was little, my family was all in this room when there was a small tremor underneath our house. For a second, time seemed to have stood still while the world - of of house - shook.
I wouldn't call that a "glitch in reality", but your little story reminded me of that.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
That thing sounds too bizzare, maybe your mind just glitched, and you thought it lasted 5-6 seconds while it really didn't. You do realize that lots of people see things that aren't there, or hear voices that aren't there right? it's called imagination. Sometimes it runs wild, and you're lucky you don't have to take drugs to achieve that :p

If this world isn't real then who cares? if you can't tell the difference then whats the problem? just keep pretending you're living in the real world while i use your body as a duracell battery you meatbag.

Also, if this was a fake world, whoever made it could really have done a better job.
I mean, if i could make a virtual/fake reallity as real-feeling as this one, i wouldn't make one i would have to trick people into, i would make one people would voluntarily live in, heck i would make one so awesome that they would sell their soul (and hot moms) to live in it.

While you think you may sound clever and thoughtfull, you're really just recapping the matrix minus all the action, cool visual effects and trinity in a tight leather/spandex suit.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
If it makes you feel any better I also have a weird things happen to me. Though this happens about once a month, I can't figure it out. I will be walking around my house or my neighberhood and suddenly i'm just in a different spot. It's never far from where I originally was, I never have any recollection of how I got there and I always have such a major headache that I just have to drop to the ground and close my eyes. I will be walking and then, suddenly, I just like teleport with a blank memory. Recently I was walking from my room to my bathroom down the hall and suddenly I was downstairs in my family room.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned this but I have felt my ears "Turn". Whenever I get scared my ears seem to tense up and get to like a pointy state. I remember seeing my dad have pointy ears when he was alseep once, later that morning he awoke telling me that he had the worst dream and didn't want to talk about it.

Spooky

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
Oh that, thats just life lag happens all the time, anyway you probably were just imagining it.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
Does it matter?
To what you are it's real. Weather or not it's reality could be perception. It's like the episode of South Park with the Tooth Fairy.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
If you learn to lucid dream (Being aware that you are dreaming in your dream) it's possible to make a dream last for what feels like a year.

Also, I tried mescaline before and one hour felt like six for the duration of the trip.

In your case, I reckon it's either a brain stall or a false memory. Although I don't know if the former is possible.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
My mind remains stubbornly unblown.

Also, I recommend you go read yourself some Descartes.

Gabes

May 8, 2008
Vendayn said:
This theory, the "matrix" theory, is Plato's "Allegory of the Cave". It's kind of interesting but if you choose to look into this thought track, stay away from post-modernistic thinking. It is so flawed and brutally stupid. Plato = good and thoughtful. Post-Modernism = stupid on stupid

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Just don't think about also take the blue pill.

Lizmichi said:
Every once in a while I dream of something that's going to happen in a few days or so. It's scary as hell. It could also be the dream is kinda like what happens and seeing as how I don't fully remember dreams when I wake up that my mind just replaces the lost memory with what happen.
This happens to me all the time but it not a dream its like I'm remebering the future and it will be just a fragment. I kept having this mermory of me sitting next to the person in a class for a few seconds. 2 weeks later I get transferd into a new math class and the girl, wearing the same cloths in my mermory sits next to me in the same seat sits As I remember, weird.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Well, seeing as the brain is, in essence, an exceptionally complex organic computer running on electricity, you could well have seen a "glitch in the system." Just, the system you saw the glitch in was your own.

We (meaning the scientific/medical community...not that I can in any kind of truthfulness claim a prominent place in it) do not fully understand the brain as of yet and there's all kinds of weird shit our brain can pull on us (like Exploding Head Syndrome or that one where your brain interprets one type of sensory input as another). Take this experience to a neurologist, see what he/she makes of it. If it's a new "condition," you may well help the medical community understand the brain better. If it isn't, at least you'll understand it a little better.

Win/win, really.

Timewave Zero

Apr 1, 2009
There are people who see things in frames, literally. It's a defect in the brain or nerves or eyes, I can't remember.
Perhaps that's what happened?

Or it was Yog-Sothoth messing around with the space/time continuum.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Reuq said:
Your are crazy, and no... its not a simulation.

*[small]Meet me at midnight, they must not know that we know! Also, they can't see blue![/small]
Thay also can't see maroon, its pretty sick nasty. But they CAN see red, don't be fooled

*Pulls out Men in Black Flashy Thingy* *FLASH* You never saw time stop, that was all a dream, now you go back to your wife and live your life in peace and serenity, for life may not last very long. Also, MOVE OUT OF YOUR MOMS HOUSE, your like 21 man, god, fucking pathetic.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
Time is relative to perception, and perception is decided by the brain and can therefore be altered by it. You sir, had an EXTREMELY fancy brain fart, nothing more.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Ranthus said:
Thing with the brain. It didn't blow my mind.
Reuq said:
Your are crazy, and no... its not a simulation.

*[small]Meet me at midnight, they must not know that we know! Also, they can't see blue![/small]
[small]Really? They can't see blue? Wow, I wish I had known that a long time ago...[/small]
You might want to rethink that theory.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I've had bizarre color changes in front of my eyes. That moment of frozenness, like my color changes, was your brain pulling tricks on you.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Josh_V2.0 said:
Continuum said:
If you learn to lucid dream (Being aware that you are dreaming in your dream) it's possible to make a dream last for what feels like a year.

Also, I tried mescaline before and one hour felt like six for the duration of the trip.

In your case, I reckon it's either a brain stall or a false memory. Although I don't know if the former is possible.
Totally off topic, but I love your avatar.
Cheers, I notice Gregg in yours too. Quite excellent.

We'd better not derail the thread but