Thor: Ragnarok Might Aim For Guardians of the Galaxy-Level Comedy

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Zontar said:
Why is everyone stating this is more of the same? Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man stand out as full on comedies mixed in a science fantasy adventure and heist respectively. That's not anywhere near the same thing as having some levity or sense of humour.
Yeah, been wondering that myself.

Yes, every movie has a few funny moments in it and that's a good thing. It helps create a level of humanity in the characters and gives contrast to when things go FUBAR. Heck, Winter Soldier has arguably been the most serious of all of them so far and it knew how to keep itself light in tone without sacrificing the weight of the situation.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This isn't all that strange for Norse mythology in my opinion. They LIVE for battle, and for some of them, the idea of the grand battle at the end of all things isn't a thing to dread, it's a time to revel in glory and honor, dying valiantly against a worthy foe.

So yeah, the idea that there would be some people laughing their assess off while fighting the forces of destruction, seems totally legit to me.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
I'm generally opposed to adding more humour to Marvel movies, they have enough already.