Thor's Castle Would Cost More Than $200 Million

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Thor's Castle Would Cost More Than $200 Million

Based on similar real world locations and buildings, it's been determined that Thor's castle would could about $212,716,200.

While it can sometimes break the suspension of disbelief you arguably need to enjoy superhero books, there is still often some fun to be had in looking at the comic industry's various superheroes and applying a real world price tags to the goodies that make them so super. Taking a turn as Batman for instance, would Thor: The Dark World on the horizon, some have set their sights to figuring the costs of living in Asgard.

Namely, the real estate blog Movoto has roughly determined the value of Thor's castle. As you might expect, it's a lot, pricing in at an estimated $212,716,200. Granted, the process of figuring out this price obviously required a bit of stretching on Movoto's part (Asgard being less than tangible and what-not), but we have to say that the math behind it all seems pretty solid.

To begin with, the blog had to find an Earthly location similar enough to Asgard to make comparisons. In the end, it went with Sweden on account of its Norse roots and the similarities in wildlife and environment to those in Thor lore. The next issue came from figuring the size of Thor's castle palace. According to Movoto, Thor's castle in mythology "possessed five hundred and forty rooms." In turn, to help tally up a square footage measurement, the 600 room Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow was used for comparison. That epic building ranked in at about 259,410 square feet. Movoto then multiplied that space by the $820 per square foot cost of a mansion in Sweden to come up with the final figure. So, in conclusion, Thor not only has the coolest weapon in the Marvel universe, he also lives in probably its priciest house.

Source: Movoto

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Kumagawa Misogi said:
How the hell does Wayne manor cost 3 times as much as Thor's castle?
Because it's made out of Iridium and Rhodium?
Or Thor's castle is in a prime location?

I don't know, let's face it half of the time these things sound like they're made up anyway!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Is that with or without the glowing shield and energy based AA towers?

Because add-ons like that don't come cheap.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So in other words Marvel could actually build it with the money they're making?

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I know what kind of house/castle I will build when/if I get my hand on so much money.

I am also going to build it right next to the Swedish King castle/royal palace.

"Suck it King Carl XVI Gustaf! This how a real castle should look like!"

Evil/Insane laugh is optional.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Kumagawa Misogi said:
How the hell does Wayne manor cost 3 times as much as Thor's castle?
According to all the news articles from 2012, Wayne Manor is only worth 32 million. This is of course without factoring in the Bat Cave.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-j-cross/wayne-manor-price_b_1687535.html

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
erttheking said:
So in other words Marvel could actually build it with the money they're making?
More accurately, not only could Tony Stark build it but soon Robert Downey Jr will also be able to afford it.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
Let the bling bishop handle the building and it will cost more money then there is on earth. On the plus side it will be made from solid gold.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Fuck that's nothing. If we buy maybe 5-10 fewer nuclear missiles and we could have this as the new head of government building. That would be a much better deterrent.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Unless my colour blindness has gone into overdrive basically almost the entire city of Asgard is made of gold (probably strenght enhanced, like iron man's gold-titanium).

So 212,716,200. would probably be massive under estimate given the earth value of gold.

Also there is not enough gold on the planet to make the building anyway. Hell there's probably not enough on the planet to even just leaf/plate a building of that size.