Thought Experiment Regarding the Replication of Powers in RWBY

Izanagi009

Legacy
May 7, 2020
Country
United States
Well, I was bored so I decided to do a thought experiment regarding RWBY: Replicating Unlimited Blades Works in RWBY but scaled down and utilizing stuff from RWBY's world.

This is what i have for UBW:
Comprehension: Semblance based. Semblance allows for user to absorb and comprehend information within their sightlines. Information includes material, conceptual, abstract, and more. Downside is that one has to limit the scope of what they intake as without restriction, the semblance will start analyzing things down to quantum level causing internal neurological damage due to information overload.

Weapon: system designed to generate hard light scaffold constructs as well as sinter metals within said scaffolds into full weapons. System capable of infuse dust into said constructs to add effects. On person, only capable of generating either long thin blades similar to type moon Black Keys using the hilts as storage for required metals and reference base for blade construction or generating large stakes that are designed to go into ground to serve second function
-Stakes when driven into ground absorb all metal and dust within vicinity and either transmit materials to the on person system to enable construction of larger weapons and items or at location near multiple stakes. Stakes consist of internal material absorption and transmission system, localized hard light scaffold construct system and minor shield generator to prevent destruction.

Combat style consists of first using combination of black key style weapons thrown to effect as well as use of stakes to establish territory for material absorption. Once territory established, materials used to generate more complex weapons.

But after that I decided to try to expand this to a topic and ask, what would other people do to replicate powers in RWBY.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
It's been done.
Character: Velvet Scarlatina
Semblance: Photographic Memory (allows her to mimic peoples' moves and fighting styles)
Weapon: Asenidora (camera that creates limited duration hard light copies of weapons that it photographed)

First fight: Volume 3, Chapter 11

Izanagi009

Legacy
May 7, 2020
Country
United States
It's been done.
Character: Velvet Scarlatina
Semblance: Photographic Memory (allows her to mimic peoples' moves and fighting styles)
Weapon: Asenidora (camera that creates limited duration hard light copies of weapons that it photographed)

First fight: Volume 3, Chapter 11
Yes, it's been done but I still feel it was missing two things. One, it was hard light not actual metala or materials. Two, it was missing the ability to create a territory to generate weapons faster and away from the user.