Thoughts on the sexualization of the new Fatal Frame?

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
601
0
0
mecegirl said:
My bad, I mixed you up with the other person that I'm arguing with.

8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
No, what you're claiming is that breasts are made of stone, which they aren't. They can and will jiggle if they're big enough.
Jesus, have no one in this place seen a woman with massive breasts?

My breasts are twice the size of those of the character in this screenshot, I am about her body shape, and unlike her I am currently wearing a pijama that allows full boobs movement.
I just mimicked her exact movements and I can confirm boobs don't do that.



http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---5MM9czc--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/rhls8kwjfzdjiyintfqf.gif
I never claimed her movement would make them jiggle like that. What I did claim was that boobs can in fact jiggle, which you in your first post here claimed they can't.
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
Those damn Japanese, ruining my horror with sexualized content. I have never seen such a horrible thing in my entire life. Oh, except, Friday the 13th, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street, Cabin Fever, Species, Basket Case and those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I am guessing you kids never watched 80's or 90's horror movies? OMG the jiggle physics make me uncomfortable, those Japanese are perverts /cry. I wish my problems were so insignificant that I could sit around and worry about dumb stuff like jiggle physics in a game that's already been confirmed to not get an international release. Guess people missed that news article.
 

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
601
0
0
8bitOwl said:
You misunderstood: I sad that breasts don't jiggle like jelly.

Also, English isn't my language so forgive any misuse of verbs to express what I intended.

The point I wanted to make is that boobs don't do what they do in that Fatal Frame scene we're discussing about. Fatal Frame doesn't have breast physics; it has jelly physics. Lots of Japanese videogames do that: instead of moving breasts, they feature jellies that wobble and wabble when the character does as much as taking a step.
Well, that I can agree on, I'm not a native English speaker myself, so I can understand the problem.
Boobs can jiggle, but they won't jiggle like jelly.
I guess I misunderstood after all.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
OMG the jiggle physics make me uncomfortable, those Japanese are perverts /cry.
Fatal Frame games have never been this on-the-nose sexual (beyond bonus content). Unrealistic Jell-O jiggle physics do tend to distract you from the atmosphere. Especially on underage teenage girls.

It's not the first time Team Ninja has fucked up another franchise because of their approach towards female characters. Metroid Other M, anyone?
 

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
865
0
0
It's weird... but hopefully the game will be good. Fatal Frame was one of the few good horror games.
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
OMG the jiggle physics make me uncomfortable, those Japanese are perverts /cry.
Fatal Frame games have never been this on-the-nose sexual (beyond bonus content). Unrealistic Jell-O jiggle physics do tend to distract you from the atmosphere. Especially on underage teenage girls.

It's not the first time Team Ninja has fucked up another franchise because of their approach towards female characters. Metroid Other M, anyone?
Maybe you should be looking at the atmosphere instead of this underage girls chest. I wouldn't have even noticed unless someone pointed it out cause I don't stare at the character when I'm running around in a game when there is a chance of getting jumped by ghosts. If you want to consider this "fucking up" the franchise then that says way more about you then Team Ninja. Not every game is flawless but if you want to say a game is bad based on something that doesn't effect gameplay or the story in anyway then there are plenty of other games for you to buy. I am sure the Wii U only Japanese exclusive sales will hurt from you solely not buying it.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
Maybe you should be looking at the atmosphere instead of this underage girls chest.
It's amazing the distance you'll go to defend this. "Perhaps try not to focus on the character in the centre of the screen of a third person perspective game!"
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
Maybe you should be looking at the atmosphere instead of this underage girls chest.
It's amazing the distance you'll go to defend this. "Perhaps try not to focus on the character in the centre of the screen of a third person perspective game!"
Sorry, I'm not a puritan, like you, that goes on about people getting off to fake tits that happen to bounce. I would prefer people to talk about the actual game then pointless physics that don't effect the game except to bother some uptight Americans. Especially a game with no information about being released overseas, a topic you seem to like to not quote and keep skipping over.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
Sorry, I'm not a puritan, like you, that goes on about people getting off to fake tits that happen to bounce.
Yes, and you also probably think the sexing of the mannequins in Ride to Hell: Retribution was just fine.

And stop making assumptions about me being American.
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
Sorry, I'm not a puritan, like you, that goes on about people getting off to fake tits that happen to bounce.
Yes, and you also probably think the sexing of the mannequins in Ride to Hell: Retribution was just fine.

And stop making assumptions about me being American.
You tell me to stop making assumptions about you right after you made an assumption about me. Follow your own words before telling someone else to.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
Sorry, I'm not a puritan, like you, that goes on about people getting off to fake tits that happen to bounce.
Yes, and you also probably think the sexing of the mannequins in Ride to Hell: Retribution was just fine.

And stop making assumptions about me being American.
You tell me to stop making assumptions about you right after you made an assumption about me. Follow your own words before telling someone else to.

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
Sorry, I'm not a puritan, like you, that goes on about people getting off to fake tits that happen to bounce.
Yes, and you also probably think the sexing of the mannequins in Ride to Hell: Retribution was just fine.

And stop making assumptions about me being American.
You tell me to stop making assumptions about you right after you made an assumption about me. Follow your own words before telling someone else to.

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.
Ok, feel free to make yourself look stupid against someone who doesn't care that you make assumptions about. I was just pointing it out .
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
Ok, feel free to make yourself look stupid against someone who doesn't care that you make assumptions about. I was just pointing it out .
And you feel free to quote me again and make another snide remark since one-upping me has been so important to you for these 2 days.
 

Otakun

New member
May 20, 2014
36
0
0
RA92 said:
Otakun said:
Ok, feel free to make yourself look stupid against someone who doesn't care that you make assumptions about. I was just pointing it out .
And you feel free to quote me again and make another snide remark since one-upping me has been so important to you for these 2 days.
I made a comment which you decided to respond to, which you even only quoted a small part of instead of discussing the whole thing and then I responded back and so on and so on. There is no one-upping, it's called having a discussion, you know, what a forum is made for. Just because you are being pointed out for being more concerned about a fake underage girls boobs then story and gameplay of a game that has no plans of being localized in other countries for a low selling region locked console doesn't make me the bad guy here. You can only blame yourself for keeping the discussion going.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,079
0
0
Otakun said:
I made a comment which you decided to respond to, which you even only quoted a small part of instead of discussing the whole thing and then I responded back and so on and so on. There is no one-upping, it's called having a discussion, you know, what a forum is made for. Just because you are being pointed out for being more concerned about a fake underage girls boobs then story and gameplay of a game that has no plans of being localized in other countries for a low selling region locked console doesn't make me the bad guy here. You can only blame yourself for keeping the discussion going.
You know what, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't react better to your invitation to a 'dialogue' which you initiated in a patronizing tone calling me a kid, a puritan, and glossing over any misgivings I might have by insinuating I'm overtly-sensitive.

Please accept my apologies.
 

CpT_x_Killsteal

New member
Jun 21, 2012
1,519
0
0
Well it could be worse.

Rave Party anyone?

It sort of just comes under the category of "Oh Japan". Not to mention this doesn't look like your average horror immersion game, it looks comical like Lollipop Chainsaw.

As a side note, I don't think it's wrong to target a certain audience. It may end up backfiring and it'll be on them. Personally, if what I said before is wrong and they're truly going for an atmospheric, non-comical, horror game, then this might be a bad move on their part.