THQ Announces Cheerleader Game

namarchetti

Jan 30, 2008
THQ Announces Cheerleader Game

THQ is developing a first for videogames: a cheerleading title for Nintendo gaming platforms.

The game developer is calling this title All Star Cheer Squad and said it plans to release the game on the Wii and DS this fall. The game itself is being programmed by Gorilla in Tampa, Florida.

In All Star Cheer Squad gamers become cheerleaders for a virtual year as they learn new cheers, take part in practices and create routines to eventually become captain. Features include squad competitions and one-on-one cheer-offs. Players will be able to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to perform dozens of real-world cheer and dance moves.

Players will be able to customize the look of their cheerleader and squad including body, facial features, hair and outfits. THQ is consulting with cheerleading choreographer Tony G, known for the moves in the Bring It On movies, for this game.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Not a dance pad? Expect that oversight to be corrected tout suite, if not by them, then by some other developer in a different cheerleading title.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Are there really enough cheerleading girls out there that play video games AND would actually buy this? I guess if you including cheerleading guys you may have a chance but...(yeah, the rest of that sentence can go nowhere good...and fast)

I want to see the research results and make sure I NEVER hire their research firm.

bantha09

Jan 31, 2008
i don't know, it could be interesting, but only if they allow you to be a sterotypical cheerleader who spends more time "motivating" the team then actually cheering.