THQ Earnings Call Gives Little Reason for Confidence

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
People have known about THQ's struggles for a loooong time. But ignoring the Pachter-related part of this article, that sucks. I didn't play the first Darksiders, but the second game was fantastic. I only had two complaints with it: The Earth section and the lack of enemy variety. Didn't play Saint's Row 3, though. I hated Saint's Row 2 and think the third game looked like it was really forcing the silliness. But other people seemed to like it. Same for their Warhammer 40K games. And I don't think I remember hearing of THQ dicking over their customers like other big publishers. Seems like good games and a decent treatment of customers should lead to more success than it has.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
THQ needs to realize that it has some great developers under its umbrella, but it doesn't have the revenue stream to make (and market) a septuple-A game. Thus they need to cut budgets but expand developer freedom as far as content and gameplay style is concerned. They need a watershed at this point and trying to emulate Bethesda is not going to do it. We already have one of those.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I hope they survive, THQ is one of the better publishers out there although they lost a lot on Darksiders 2 by treating it like a AAA game.

If they do go under then I hope their titles are bought by decent publishers, they have some series that I usually by day 1 such as Darksiders, Dawn of war, Metro 2033...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gardian06 said:
in other words because Michael fucking Pachter says that THQ is going under: THQ will become a strong and driving force in the industry, and rival EA
Patchers predictions come in two flavours: batshit and no shit.

The former is of the "Microsoft will establish a base on Mars to feed games remotely into your skull via their new cloud server" type. The latter is of the "the sky is blue" type.

This is more the latter, the "well duh!" category. I mean, Patcher is calling it well after everyone else was.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
THQ just have to make it until they can release CoH2, Metro: last-light, and the stick of truth, I am sure those things are going to sell well.