THQ Extends Rights to Warhammer 40,000 Franchise

Jan 4, 2007
THQ Extends Rights to Warhammer 40,000 Franchise

THQ announced that it has entered into a licensing deal with Games Workshop for exclusive rights to the Warhammer 40,000 franchise through 2013.

This agreement will extend THQ's previous agreement with Games Workshop, and will expand upon it, giving THQ rights to wireless devices and online rights, which include massively multiplayer online games. Furthermore, THQ now has rights to the Gorkamorka and Necromunda Games Workshop Porperties.

On the heels of the licensing agreement announcement, THQ also announced that its studio Vigil Games is now in development on the first MMOG based on the Warhammer 40,000 franchise.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
**Looks at Hal's equipment in Fable 2**

Does this mean we could have Bolters and Chainswords in Saint's Row 3?

Fo The Emperor!

Sigh... sometimes life would be cooler if 2+2=5.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
Melissa Niedringhaus said:
This agreement will extend THQ's previous agreement with Games Workshop, and will expand upon it, giving THQ rights to wireless devices and online rights, which include massively multiplayer online games. Furthermore, THQ now has rights to the Gorkamorka and Necromunda Games Workshop Porperties.
*nerdgasm*
PLEASE MAKE A NECROMUNDA GAME! PLEASE!!!

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
40k MMO and possible necromunda game. I winder if THQ deal in souls at all...

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
*drools to death* Hells yes, all they have to do is continue the quality and we can have a heap of good WH40K games, which will be fucking sweet. Maybe 1 or 2 more RTs's but I can't wait to see them branch out, maybe even into rpg territory.

EDIT!!!:

Aren't THQ having monetary problems?!?! FUCK!

And I hope THQ can make the MMo work, the KOTOR one will be nice but I'm willing to waste my life in 2 MMO's if It'll keep them afloat, all they have to do is not suck *crosses everything conceivable*

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
My initial reaction was to change my pants.

My second was to ph34r, because they're making an MMO, which will very likly kill THQ.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
That sucks. Why not give it to a developer/publisher that is actually good at making games?

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Someone just mentioned Gorkamorka and Necromunda. I'm interested THQ. The ball is in your court now.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Can I just point out to everyone that this story is two years old!

Someone, and I'm not naming names, has been rummaging around in the archives for this one.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
nilcypher said:
Can I just point out to everyone that this story is two years old!

Someone, and I'm not naming names, has been rummaging around in the archives for this one.
Someone has a very good sense of timing with their threadnomacying: a couple of hours more than 2 years.
Ahh well, it's still interesting, even if it is old :S