THQ Joins the Used Game Fight

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
I'm still iffy on this whole concept. On the one hand, I fully respect developer's desire to make as much profit on the game as they can and offering "enticements" for new copies is a good way to do it.
On the other hand, I don't like the notion that devs will start removing "integral", for lack of a better word, aspects of the game in order to punish those who buy the game used.

I work at Gamestop and there are very few customers who come in looking for major releases in the used section immediately after the game comes out.
However, one thing I tend to notice is that many people buy used because "it's cheaper." Maybe if developers would lower the prices of their games a bit quicker, buying new would feel like a better idea.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
There is one huge problem with your logic. If they did lower the prices of new games that wouldn't change anything. Used games will still be cheaper. Not only do you save the 5-10 bucks but GS also has the 10% off deal for members. And when they already steal the new game smell on you saving the extra money for practically the same product (assuming it has a manual and a disc in good shape) sounds like a great idea.