THQ Promises No "Steroided-Out" Flag-Wavers in Homefront

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Ugghhh... I'm not willing to pay $60 for another 6 hour long FPS, so I'll pass despite the lack of steroids.

Now if this game were an open world........

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
It's almost like they looked at their own trailer, noticed the American flag in the letters and the clichéd 'America's real life Communist enemies are the evil bad guys' plot, then realised how Jingoistic it is and released a press statement to the contrary.

It sounds like they're trying to convince themselves with that press statement or getting in there first by refuting criticism before it's made.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
At least they're trying, people!

It's more settling that they're going: "Let's tell a story", Instead of trying to make a successful game.

I'd buy this over a war-game sequel, any day.

Jun 26, 2009
Jonny49 said:
Homefront: London? Now that would be cool.
I know! Finaly a game based in Briton not about fantasy!
[sub]Well exculding Risistance:FOM.[/sub]
OT: Looks interesting. Hope it's good enough to get to sequal stage.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Not a smart move, making one of the most intensive gaming nations on the earth the bad guys.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
I hate how Japan always loses in all WW3 theories. Anyway it looks good but I would prefer FPS from south Europe.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
The American flag in the title could've fooled me, I shall be honest.
But, I might just give this a look, now...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Korten12 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Well I am loving Frontlines, so I hope this is good also. :)
I thought Frontlines was a fine game. Especially for a new IP from a new company. Loved the RC gadgets lol.

This game sounds quite similar to Turning Point in terms of story. Just not Nazi's invading.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Furburt said:
Well, that's good, at least. Constant macho patriotism gets a bit tiring after a while.
I wouldn't be too sure this'll be the one to break that cycle though - it game tries to potray America as in danger from N. Korea and how the "Big Bad Koreans" are threating America...so, its the superpower victim syndrome again.

Btw, I don't support N. Korea, its just that their not "Big Bad", their out teched and lead by frankly insane folk.

Evil mr dave

Apr 28, 2009
megs1120 said:
For people going for a grounded setting, the war they're imagining should be a bit less ridiculous. North Korea reuniting the Korean peninsula? A Korean invasion of the United States? You've got to be kidding me.
Not nessecarilly, while i can think of no reason to invade the U.S. they (the greater korean republic) would certainly have the man power for it.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Nice to see developers noticing this problem even if they don't do anything about it.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Vhite said:
Anyway it looks good but I would prefer FPS from south Europe.
Now that's a setting we haven't seen very often. Guns of Navarone in gameform? A guerilla-style WW2 shooter set in the Mediterranean? Dibs!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That will make a shame...be nice not to have the one moment od triumph rubbed in our faces over, and over...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I'd rather have a game where the Americans are the enemies.

I'm sure there are some of them out there, but I'd like more of them.

Maybe a story where America assassinates Kim Jong-Il for "The greater good", but then riots break out in North Korea and everything turns into chaos. A new dictator tries to use the chaos to make an attempt at uniting South and North Korea under his rule, but ultimately fails, and the complete opposite happens, with North and South uniting under South rule.

Several years later, Korea has become much better off, but the public still hold a grudge against America for essentially causing the war between North and South, as well as the chaos and riots previous to that, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands Koreans. America has become much weaker since then, and Korea sees its chance at attacking.

Then you play as a Korean soldier who lost his family because of the riots after Kim Jong-Il's death, and he is eager for payback.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
wow that games plot looks.. terrible... and makes absolutely no sense what so ever