ThunderCats Writer Missing and Feared Dead

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
ThunderCats Writer Missing and Feared Dead

A strange disappearance has nicked the perfect record of enjoyment ThunderCats once brought to the world.

Stephen Perry, an author of several MyFox [http://www.amazon.com/Thundercats-Season-One-Larry-Kenney/dp/B0009IW8AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276639051&sr=1-1] reports that Perry disappeared from his Zephyrhills, Florida home and that grisly discoveries were made in the surrounding area.

For one, a van was found nearby with a man's severed arm inside. More human remains were found in a dumpster at a gas station two miles away. Perry's home, which he shared with two roommates, was found ransacked.

The roommates, Roxanne D. Davis, 49, and James W. Davis, 46, had gone AWOL but were found and arrested presumably in relation to the still unfolding incident. Both have been charged with various crimes including possession of controlled substances, violation of parole, grand theft and burglary. Perry's whereabouts remain unknown.

ThunderCats is an awesome animated series that ran from the mid-to-late 1980s that is sort of like a sci-fi SilverHawks [http://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Cam-Clarke/dp/B002DQL34G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276639089&sr=1-1], and had a brief stint at Marvel Comics. He had been struggling with cancer and finances, with fans assisting him to pay rent and other bills. It doesn't seem like Perry would be the prime target for a robbery, but the situation here is quite odd and grisly so let's just hope he ends up okay.

Via: Comic Book Resources [http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/05/thundercats-writer-stephen-perry-missing-after-grisly-discovery/]

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Wow, what a way to go...

Unless the remains are from what Lion-O did to the crooks who were trying to kill Perry.

One can only hope... snarf snarf

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Oh shit.

Thundercats was awesome. I hope they find him. Hell, I'll join in on the investigation. I don't live too far away

I owe that man so much for introducing the world into the wonderful beings that is catgirls.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Why don't the Thundercats help us save him!?

Obligatory heroes joke aside.

My god no. I'm joining the search. He must be found.

chemicalfire

Nov 10, 2009
First Frank Frazetta, then Dio, now this!? I don't think I can take anymore man-grief this month without making some comfort purchases, most likely 80's cartoons box sets.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Crikey!

The guy that planted the furry seed in a thousand unexpecting children...

Time will tell as to his wellbeing, doesn't sound rosy though.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
The guy wrote for ThunderCats not Voltron...(Bad taste?) though it's a bit barbaric to dismember a person for any reason.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
MaxChaos said:
The guy that planted the furry seed in a thousand unexpecting children...
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing as I wrote this.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Lead Detective: "SWORD OF OMENS...GIVE ME SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT!, no seriously, lets find this guy"

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Hm. What a shame. I never watched Thundercats, but it's never nice to read about a death, especially when it's one of those really creepy ones that seem to have an answernto the mystery inprinted within the report.*

There's almost no chance that the man isn't dead; my heartfelt condolances to all his fans.

*[sub]Overactive imagination, or psychic powers? You decide![/sub]

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Ironically my first thought was of "Alan Wake", you know.... maybe the Darkness got him (dum dum).

Still, unless I'm misreading this, it does seem like they are saying that the human remains aren't his. They say he's missing and say they found "An arm" for example, not HIS arm. I would think they would be specific about that.

Other than that, it does seem a bit hokey to me on another level. To be honest this guy did *7* episodes of a multi-year animated series, worked on "Silverhawks" (unknown how many episodes), and then apparently had an aborted career with Marvel. Most of this seems to be decades ago, and none of it strikes me as being massive success... yet somehow he had "fans" helping him to pay bills and such. I'm not sure how many fanatical fans he could have generated off of that career. He strikes me as an "almost made it" guy as opposed to a genuine geek icon who had fallen on hard times.

So basically I'd be guessing that this guy borrowed money from the wrong people, and passed it off (for the paperwork if he was questioned financially) as money gifted by fans. A bunch of loan sharks might dismember him like that (if it is his body parts), but this does seem a bit over the top for that given the location. Not to mention the fact that even loan sharks ultimatly want to make money (unlike how it seems in some movies), they generally speaking are only going to lend money to people they know can either pay them back, or will still be able to pull in enough consistantly to make them worth squeezing payments out of. By all accounts this dude doesn't even seem like he would have been a good investment.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Why do I have to think of Watchmen right now? Does anyone know about any other writers gone missing recently?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Oh man, this sucks. I love ThunderCats. I hope he's found alive and well.