Tifanfall 2's First Free DLC Launches This Week

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tifanfall 2's First Free DLC Launches This Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1358/1358516.jpg
Titanfall 2 first DLC map: Angel City, launches on November 30 for pre-order customers.

Respawn Entertainment drastically changed its DLC policy with Titanfall 2, promising to release all post-launch maps, and a lot of other content for free [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168715-Titanfall-2-All-Post-Launch-Maps-Free#&gid=gallery_6592&pid=1]. The first of those maps, a remake of Titanfall 1's Angel City, is being prepped for launch this week as part of the "Angel City's Most Wanted" DLC drop.

Gamers that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.

The free DLC update also includes the following:

Wingman Elite Pistol
Six new Titan Kits
Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces
Stats screen
In-game Store

If you're raising an eyebrow at the in-game store, Respawn explains that "In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange."

In a cheeky jab at titles like Overwatch and Team Fortress 2, it says that there are "No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that's it."

You can read the full details of the update, as well as the company's plans for future updates, in this blog post [https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/].

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I wonder what a Prime Titan is. If its not gameplay oriented, but its not a skin. I guess it could be a whole model revamp or something.

Titan Kits are alright, but I was hoping for alternate loadouts more then single perks.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow, and im still not able to play the MP properly because for some reason my ping is constantly over 3000 while other games dont have it that high.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Seth Carter said:
I wonder what a Prime Titan is. If its not gameplay oriented, but its not a skin. I guess it could be a whole model revamp or something.

Titan Kits are alright, but I was hoping for alternate loadouts more then single perks.
Prime Titans are much like "Elite" versions in other games in that they have new animations, a fancier model and texture but are functionally the same Titan.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
Seth Carter said:

Prime Titans are much like "Elite" versions in other games in that they have new animations, a fancier model and texture but are functionally the same Titan.
So basically like a skin in say, League of Legends. Looks fancier and has new animations and stuff but mechanically is the same thing

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Metalrocks said:
wow, and im still not able to play the MP properly because for some reason my ping is constantly over 3000 while other games dont have it that high.
Have you tried switching servers?
One of my coworkers bought the game and for some reason it had him tied to a EU server instead of a US one.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Rednog said:
Metalrocks said:
One of my coworkers bought the game and for some reason it had him tied to a EU server instead of a US one.
how do i do that? i live in australia, you expect the game to do that automatically.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Metalrocks said:
Rednog said:
Metalrocks said:
how do i do that? i live in australia, you expect the game to do that automatically.
In the main menu you should see which server you've been allocated to and the server ping. I'm in Aus same as you and my local one is the main Sydney server with a ping of 33ms (my typical ping for most games). You can click on the server name to change but it should pick out the best one by response time so see which server it has picked out for you and if it's the right one check the ping. If it's abnormally high could be something on your end.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
MercurySteam said:
Metalrocks said:
Rednog said:
Metalrocks said:
In the main menu you should see which server you've been allocated to and the server ping. I'm in Aus same as you and my local one is the main Sydney server with a ping of 33ms (my typical ping for most games). You can click on the server name to change but it should pick out the best one by response time so see which server it has picked out for you and if it's the right one check the ping. If it's abnormally high could be something on your end.
i see nothing in the menu or anything you have told me. all i see is what mode i like to play and that it searches in my area.
but looks like telstra is having issues again. even having NBN, things arent smooth anymore as it was. now even others who use the network feel how slow it is.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Metalrocks said:
MercurySteam said:
Metalrocks said:
Rednog said:
Metalrocks said:
i see nothing in the menu or anything you have told me. all i see is what mode i like to play and that it searches in my area.
but looks like telstra is having issues again. even having NBN, things arent smooth anymore as it was. now even others who use the network feel how slow it is.
I'm on PC so it could very well be that you're on console and you don't get to choose servers, if you're not then I'm not sure what to do as it's there plain as day for everyone.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
MercurySteam said:
Metalrocks said:
MercurySteam said:
Metalrocks said:
Rednog said:
Metalrocks said:
I'm on PC so it could very well be that you're on console and you don't get to choose servers, if you're not then I'm not sure what to do as it's there plain as day for everyone.
im on PC only. i saw now what you mean. its also set to sydney. no adelaide or perth. and my ping is still over 5000. just unplayable for me.