Tiger Woods Sex Scandal Sinks Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Surely they could have just added a "Hot Coffee" mod? Worked for Rockstar.
That is soooooo bad, but so great at the same time.

You get a TARDIS filled with cookies.

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
I would really want that golf game as was described in South Park...

On a side note: There is a GreenDay rock band?

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I didn't even realize they relied so heavily on golf. I just see it as boring no matter how you look at it whether it be watching it, playing it, or playing a video game of it

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
"Regardless of what's happening in his personal life... Tiger Woods is still one of the greatest athletes in history."
Really!?
Really?
If we are talking about the pants off dance off then yeah, I'll roll with that statement but as a Golfer.
Must be hard swingin' that club and scootin' across 18 holes in a golf buggy.

His caddy will have a harder time than he.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Oh no. how very sad. I'm gona go play my madden 10 on xbox live and impatiently wait for madden 11 to come out. I gaurentee Ben Rothelsberger sex scandals won't cause madden sales to drop and that's what really matters.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
darthzew said:
Well, if they had included the features that South Park had led us to believe would be in the game, I'm sure more people would have bought it.
Grand Theft Golf: Tiger Woods.

I might buy it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Or maybe because Tiger Woods is now really really shit at golf. And was even before the scandal.

Regardless, someone at EA should reeeeally have seen this coming.
Now, now, tomtom. We can't have an intelligent prospect here. These are EA's analysts.

Wizzie said:
Must be hard swingin' that club and scootin' across 18 holes in a golf buggy.
Hey now! You really oughta do some research before posting.

PGA members cannot use carts! (Unless they are physically handicapped, and then it takes a trial.)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
rather unexpected moral fiber from the gamer community? then again the ones who play Golf aren't the same ppl that play FPS's XD

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
Who gives a shit about Tiger Woods?
Has no man ever slept with several women before?
People only care because he's an untalented overpayed prick.

ginty2

The Shadow Premier
Dec 16, 2008
aberosco said:
I would say that the actual gameplay is probably more to do with the drop in sales.. The 360/PS3 version of game was not anywhere as good as last year's version. I hated the new one and sent it back to gamefly (don't buy sport games that come out EVERY year, just stupid).

I am sure a small amount of people actually cared enough about the scandal to prevent picking up the latest version but Come on, we are talking Gamers here.. do we REALLY give a crap about Tiger Woods personal life? What other golf game are you going to get if what he did does bother you?
I would think this is the reason for the drop in sales as well, i played the demo and found the controls even worse than PGA 2010. besides i never played these games because of tiger woods, though it was fun beating him by 15 strokes in career mode, but because i like golf.

what i don't understand is why some people don't think golf is a sport. sure you don't have to be in peak physical condition to play, the same can be said of any sport, but to get good at golf good physical conditioning is recommended. besides you try walking a 6000+ yard course in 95 degree heat with a 20lb bag of clubs.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
tomtom94 said:
Or maybe because Tiger Woods is now really really shit at golf. And was even before the scandal.
This, pretty much. People aren't going to buy a game sponsored by a bad athlete. And Tiger's been BAD for a while now.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
If only the Supreme Court would ban all sports games in general. Then release a patch to all consoles that tell you "Go outside, ******!" whenever you pop one of these worthless discs into your console.

I turn my console on to rip heads, shoot guns at living things, blast energy beams from the palm of my hands, explore outer space, or exceed the speed limit ten fold. I don't want sports.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Maybe it's more because the game as very few improvements over the last game. The graphics are pretty much the same as is the gameplay. Sure the swinging is a little different and it deducts out of a power meter for doing strong swings or using the shot finder... Other then that it's the same game.

My cousin is a Golfing enthusiast and even drags my arse golfing with him every Sunday. He thinks he's wasted his money on the game due to the few changes from the last. Tiger not being able to keep his Wood in his pants has nothing to do with it.

Kinichie

Penguin Overlord
Jun 18, 2008
So gamers actually give a damn about sex scandels enough to not buy a golf game?

Oh well... I'm sure they have Tiger Woods 09...08...07