TikTok conspiracy theorists claim Texas' snow is fake

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So people think it's plausible for even the US to manufacture enough fake snow to cover half a continent, let alone drop the air temperate to freezing over the same half a continent.
Makes as much sense as every government on earth (and every scientific institute the world over) all being in on a fake pandemic.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
No, their owned by the Jewish. Because only the Jewish can have authoritarian tendencies ... so the Christian/Muslim have to be authoritarian in return
So the space lasers themselves aren't Jewish? :(

I was hoping they played Klemser music when they fired

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is it just me or were conspiracy theorists from 20 years ago less annoying? Sure, you got people saying Bush was behind 9/11, but were otherwise normal, and the people going on about the space lizards weren't vicious. Nowdays they'll go after people that disagree with them with all the vitriol they can muster.
Conspiracy theorists were always annoying even 20 years ago and further. They just didn't have a platform available to anyone to spread their stupidity even further.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Conspiracy theorists were always annoying even 20 years ago and further. They just didn't have a platform available to anyone to spread their stupidity even further.
Exactly right. Used to be if you got wind of some hairbrained idiocy, you had to actively seek it out in reasonably contained forums and echo chambers. Nowadays, all you need to do is open any device connected to the Internet, and the idiocy is shoved down your throat as literally everyone has a platform, even if it's just a scant few followers on Facebook, Twitter or Tik Tok. Hell, even if you're not hearing from the horse's ass' mouth, you're hearing people talk about and report on the idiocy; you can't get away from it, i.e.: this thread. In light of how [relatively] easy it is to become "internet famous," a lot of attention-seekers rush to pioneer the next "thing" without actually vetting what that "thing" is if they even care to; some are content to be famous for saying stupid shit if it gets enough people talking about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
It's the perfect conspiracy theory.

1. You get to pretend like you're "in the know" about something serious
2. Your "proof" cannot be contradicted by people failing to reproduce the results
3. It doesn't require any action on your part beyond trying to wake up the sheeple

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That's hilarious, I love it! Must be the same stuff they put in the water to make it have a rainbow.
I wish I could find this shit funny, but given current events, I can't. It's gleefully ignorant fuckwads like that clip, going out and spreading their stupid over the internet, and having obnoxious trolls like the people on 4chan deciding "teehee, let's light a fire under this shit for the lulz" is why we have a resurgence in flat earthers, and all the other idiotic "knowledge" that is making progress nearly impossible. We're spending so much time and resources playing damage control for these fuckwits, and no amount of ACTUAL evidence and education seems to make them realize how wrong they are. They babble and bluster like they know anything about what the fuck they're talking about, and when people who actually DO, try and explain it, they just scoff. They try and use the trappings of actual science, like babbling about "water supply and oxygen supply" and the other shit that idiot woman said in that clip, because you know, she KNOWS science obviously. But then when you point out how the science of what she's talking about doesn't work like that, they just handwave it away, mocking the concept of science when it doesn't match their delusions.

And there's millions of these chucklefucks out there, coordinating and fucking up the world for the rest of us.

But hey, yeah let's laugh at the stupid lady who doesn't understand light refraction and water.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I wish I could find this shit funny, but given current events, I can't. It's gleefully ignorant fuckwads like that clip, going out and spreading their stupid over the internet, and having obnoxious trolls like the people on 4chan deciding "teehee, let's light a fire under this shit for the lulz" is why we have a resurgence in flat earthers, and all the other idiotic "knowledge" that is making progress nearly impossible. We're spending so much time and resources playing damage control for these fuckwits, and no amount of ACTUAL evidence and education seems to make them realize how wrong they are. They babble and bluster like they know anything about what the fuck they're talking about, and when people who actually DO, try and explain it, they just scoff. They try and use the trappings of actual science, like babbling about "water supply and oxygen supply" and the other shit that idiot woman said in that clip, because you know, she KNOWS science obviously. But then when you point out how the science of what she's talking about doesn't work like that, they just handwave it away, mocking the concept of science when it doesn't match their delusions.

And there's millions of these chucklefucks out there, coordinating and fucking up the world for the rest of us.

But hey, yeah let's laugh at the stupid lady who doesn't understand light refraction and water.
You aren't going to fix the world by getting angry so you might as well laugh.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Scientific curiosity is one thing and perfectly acceptable and understandable. However, the proliferation of false information and grand conspiracy theories based entirely on ignorance, a literal lack of any fundamental understanding, is something else that needs to be squelched at every instance; there's enough stupid out here already. "Free speech," my ass; if what you "feel free" to say is levels of ignorance that put centuries-old knowledge to shame, others should have the right to punch you in the fucking mouth.
I would add that if someone's first and best defense of what comes out of their mouth is that it's not technically illegal to say, then that tells you everything you need to know about their intelligence.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
So the space lasers themselves aren't Jewish? :(

I was hoping they played Klemser music when they fired
They do give off a hum that sounds a bit like, "OY!" though. And they can slice and toast a bagel at the same time, which is handy.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Can Space Lasers be Jewish? Can focused light have an ethnic/religious identity? In that case, can the same be said of boiled water? Because if that's true I want my catholic steampunk gun turrets.
Easy: diamonds. And what is a job historically held by Jews? Checkmate, Mr. Bond.
1614265880591.png

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
There's another just right of that as well, and one at the bottom right. Right wing jews.

Reactions: Agema

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I would add that if someone's first and best defense of what comes out of their mouth is that it's not technically illegal to say, then that tells you everything you need to know about their intelligence.
Also and more importantly, it tells you their motive. They don't really care to propagate necessary truths and information; they just want to be right, to puff their chest out and accept any challenge leveled at their words, that they'll defend them regardless of their validity; they just want to be fought.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
They do give off a hum that sounds a bit like, "OY!" though. And they can slice and toast a bagel at the same time, which is handy.
The insidious conspiracy is revealed! They're cutting our bagels....FROM SPACE!

I bet they don't have the decency to provide cream cheese to go with it.

Reactions: Buyetyen