Tim Berners-Lee Wants You to Create An Internet Bill of Rights

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
FalloutJack said:
*Unsure if that was a dig at me*

Could I get some clarification on that?

I simply heard from a friend of mine that his Verizon service had a data-cap and that, for instance, when he's running high on it that he can't look into youtube videos, wiki pages, and other things. And then, I learned that other people I know had similar problems, because other providers were starting to do same.
No, that was a dig at Big_Willie_Styles because that is exactly what he said in another thread. He literally said that "net neutrality" meant oligopols strong-arming people into their own content services because "market".

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
YES PLEASE!
*takes a deep breath*

There are times when I want to grab people in a position of power by the shirt, lift them at least two feet in the air, and violently shake them while screaming something along the lines of "CUT THAT OUT!"
The news of this movement on the other hand, puts a bit of a smile on my face.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
RoonMian said:
FalloutJack said:
*Unsure if that was a dig at me*

Could I get some clarification on that?

I simply heard from a friend of mine that his Verizon service had a data-cap and that, for instance, when he's running high on it that he can't look into youtube videos, wiki pages, and other things. And then, I learned that other people I know had similar problems, because other providers were starting to do same.
No, that was a dig at Big_Willie_Styles because that is exactly what he said in another thread. He literally said that "net neutrality" meant oligopols strong-arming people into their own content services because "market".
Ah, well since he's not here anymore, I guess I can point out the fact that he gets easily confused. You see, the last time we spoke, I think I fooled him into believing I was a Republican. This is not a dig on Rupublicans, just saying that while my stance on a particular subject was counter to his own, he decided to add me to his friend list. I wasn't even trying! In any case, I happened to take a look at his blog. It's literally choking with some extreme right wing reports from a number of sources. That would be the pipeline he'd be feeding us with, I believe, and there aren't enough grains of salt in the world for it.