Tim Rogers FF7 Remake Review

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
My favorite youtuber hath returneth. He also did the 'Let's Mosey' series on the original game in which he combed the original Japanese dialogue for things that got lost in translation. If you like FF7 Remake and/or original I think this video has a lot of added value. His videos always make me happy for whatever reason. xD

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Too much song and dance at the 1 minute mark. Don't know who this is. Also, 3 hours? I'd rather buy the game blind, play 3 hours and be disappointed than spend 3 hours listening to how good it is.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
He's 40? He looks like he's in his 20s.

This review seems kind of rambling, and I'm really not a fan of how he delivers the entire thing like he's some exaggerated news anchorman. I skipped around a bit after a couple minutes and I think I'm gonna have to give this a pass.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This review seems kind of rambling, and I'm really not a fan of how he delivers the entire thing like he's some exaggerated news anchorman. I skipped around a bit after a couple minutes and I think I'm gonna have to give this a pass.
His delivery kind of reminds me of John Oliver's on Last Week Tonight minus the British accent and little less energetic, though that might just be their styles being similar and him also very vaguely looking like Oliver. But yeah, he tends to go off on tangents that are pretty hit or miss, and takes a long time to get to the point. I mean, he doesn't really start actually talking about FFVIIR until about 40 mins in.

Dude might benefit from a good editor giving his scripts a pass, weed out some of the chaff.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
So I'm the only fan? *cries* His videos are an acquired taste I agree. I personally love how he's able to delve into what he calls the 'design language' of games and analyze their ephemeral qualities by deducing intent from structure. Eclectic vocabulary and all he always stays on point with clear delineations between subjects. His insight as a (former) developer (including Grashopper) probably contributes to this as well. I don't think there is any other youtuber who understands videogames this well other than maybe matthewmatosis.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Tim's alright. My girlfriend is a big fan of his work. His style is a bit scattershot, I admit, even by the generous standards afforded to youtube personalities. That said, he tends to have a lot of things to say that are worth the trouble of listening to him... even if it takes him a while to get back on-point when he finds a tangent interesting.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
So I'm the only fan? *cries* His videos are an acquired taste I agree. I personally love how he's able to delve into what he calls the 'design language' of games and analyze their ephemeral qualities by deducing intent from structure. Eclectic vocabulary and all he always stays on point with clear delineations between subjects. His insight as a (former) developer (including Grashopper) probably contributes to this as well. I don't think there is any other youtuber who understands videogames this well other than maybe matthewmatosis.
I've only watched his God Hand and Death Stranding reviews but I thought both were great, especially the God Hand video.