Tim Schafer Wants More Brütal Legend DLC

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Why not redo the damn singleplayer, make it an actual RTS with divided campaign strategy, and allow us to fucking play as the other two groups outside of motherfucking multiplayer?
That's a whole new game. That's the kind of game I'd like to see come to the PC. Schafer's always said Brutal Legend is meant only for consoles and that's the way I'd like it to stay. Outside of the little bit BL plays around with, RTS does not work on consoles. Have you tried playing multiplayer vs the computer? It's, well, kinda satisfying... sort of.
Eh, a whole new game, yeah. But it's kinda annoying how We see these three distinct unit-groups, but have to play the hastily designed multiplayer to even get to experience them. Yeah, it's an RTS on a console, which is inherently like mixing computers and acid, but even the shoddy titles let you experience each unit with a defined(for the most part) story behind them. Here's it like "This is Eddie, and these are some awesome badasses, and these are some dripping-blackness guys with some very bizarre and cynical appearance--but you never get to take a real look at controlling and using them in an evolving manner--we just get thrown into the multiplayer, and have no idea how the individual progression works for each unit--we have to spend a lot of time stumbling about, trying to find the one unit we want, only to finally find it and realize that it's a pile of dead weeds pretending to be roses. A little intro to the characters and units would have been nice.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I'll get back to him if I ever bother to finish the game. I'm right alongside Yahtzee in that I'm fairly crestfallen about how the derivative open-ended experience eliminated any drive to do so.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
More metal genre factions maybe? That'd be kickass..

I mean, they have heavy metal, black metal, and industrial metal.. I'm a little curious how they can warp other ones into another faction..

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
No old-school Metallica? Boo! No PC version? Boo! More meaningless multiplayer map packs? Big Boo! Tim Schafer, I really didn't want to say that, but you fail!

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
300lb. Samoan said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Why not redo the damn singleplayer, make it an actual RTS with divided campaign strategy, and allow us to fucking play as the other two groups outside of motherfucking multiplayer?
That's a whole new game. That's the kind of game I'd like to see come to the PC. Schafer's always said Brutal Legend is meant only for consoles and that's the way I'd like it to stay. Outside of the little bit BL plays around with, RTS does not work on consoles. Have you tried playing multiplayer vs the computer? It's, well, kinda satisfying... sort of.
Eh, a whole new game, yeah. But it's kinda annoying how We see these three distinct unit-groups, but have to play the hastily designed multiplayer to even get to experience them. Yeah, it's an RTS on a console, which is inherently like mixing computers and acid, but even the shoddy titles let you experience each unit with a defined(for the most part) story behind them. Here's it like "This is Eddie, and these are some awesome badasses, and these are some dripping-blackness guys with some very bizarre and cynical appearance--but you never get to take a real look at controlling and using them in an evolving manner--we just get thrown into the multiplayer, and have no idea how the individual progression works for each unit--we have to spend a lot of time stumbling about, trying to find the one unit we want, only to finally find it and realize that it's a pile of dead weeds pretending to be roses. A little intro to the characters and units would have been nice.
you know that's true, maybe each new DLC could take you through a three hour progression as one of the other leaders and give a proper introduction to the unit structure. that wouldn't be that bad at all!