Time to boast! What did you get on Black Friday?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Cyber Monday is coming! I need to know what good deals y'all got Black Friday as something similar is likely to happen again.

I got two things on Amazon: a SoundBlaster Z Card for $75 and a Playstation Vita 1000 bundle for $175. I mostly want that to play with PS4 when that has a bigger library.

I had my hands on a double wide HD 7770 for only $95. I forced myself to put it back. I really don't need it at this time (an ancient GTS 250 is still doing pretty well). www.microcenter.com They had some nice laptop sales too.

Picked up Sleeping Dogs with extra downloads from Steam for about $16.

EDIT: Gamestop $25 for Battlefield 4 download. Downloading now.

You?

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I'm waiting till cyber monday and see if i can find a good deal on a SSD. Other than than not a whole lot out there that I feel like buying.

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Just a 2DS for my daughter and a matching case. Might snag her a new Pokemon X before Christmas to call it good.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
sneakypenguin said:
I'm waiting till cyber monday and see if i can find a good deal on a SSD. Other than than not a whole lot out there that I feel like buying.
I went to www.microcenter.com with a buddy that got a new 250 Gig SSD for $179. He thought it a steal because, as he explained to me, they actually come in different flavors. The newest version that he just got has the fastest read write speeds and that will make a difference.

Me? I need storage. After the Steam sales, etc. I had to delete, for now, a bunch of other less played games which kills me. They had 3 TB drives for $109, though, I thought the sales guy might be wrong. If your drive was 7200 rather than 5400, wouldn't you paste that all over the box? This didn't so I didn't get it. As things get better and cheaper, I'm tempted to just do a whole new build. Must resist. I don't need it! But it is so much dang fun!

What will you put the SSD into? Will it be an operating system drive while the rest of your stuff goes to a normal drive?

FrozenLaughs said:
Just a 2DS for my daughter and a matching case. Might snag her a new Pokemon X before Christmas to call it good.
I'm sorely tempted by the 2DS. From what I read, it is about as comfortable a portable to use as there is. I only got the Vita because I intend to get the PS4 and want it to work with the PS4. But many one this board boast that the DS systems have the game library that beats just about everything short of the PS2.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Mass Effect 1. Been years since I last played it on my 360.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but all the charm and fun I remember is still there.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I went out and got some new undies late at night.

I don't do a lot on black friday, I prefer not being trampled to death. ><

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I got my fiance a pikachu shirt $15, a couple pokemon decals $10, and a Doge meme shirt $15. All on the internet because you'll NEVER catch me setting foot outside my house on black Friday. All items are made by hand, in America and not by Chinese sweat shops by children or slave labor.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
The complete series of Firefly and Serenity for 10 bucks total. And the last 3 seasons of burn notice for about 50 total.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Roofstone said:
I went out and got some new undies late at night.

I don't do a lot on black friday, I prefer not being trampled to death. ><
Would you believe my boy asked for some for the holidays? Wife went to buy some Hanes at $7 per pack. walmart person told her they shouldn't have been in that bin and they are $14 a pack. Wife didn't feel like arguing about it and paid double.

For me? Socks are a big deal. I ask for new ones every holiday.

The Enquirer said:
The complete series of Firefly and Serenity for 10 bucks total. And the last 3 seasons of burn notice for about 50 total.
watched Firefly and Serenity a dozen times on Netflix streaming. I loved the bad guy in Serenity and will likley see "12 years a slave" just because of him. I started Burn Notice. It isn't bad. I figure I'll get back to it.

Flutterguy said:
Half ounce and a fifteen minute special. There was no discount on either.
No idea, not even a small idea, what a fifteen minute special is. Doing some web research. Sorry you didn't get a deal on either.

EDIT: movie? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179626/

EDIT: Special Event Marketing: http://www.15minutesinc.com/services.html ?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I got cursed out by many people and threatened and almost trampled by many others as I had to work thanksgiving and black friday at walmart.

Fuck Black Friday and all the crazy fuckers out there who go so wild they have to be teased over towels and sheets

Oh and same day are store says NO BONUS FOR ANYONE BUT MANAGEMENT!

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
I got a good laugh at the thought of what some people would be doing that day, and anticipating the compilation video for this year.

Personally? Nothing. I think I'm out of stuff to want in the first place. I own pretty much everything I've ever wanted.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I got Rule of Rose, a game usually worth ~$60-$130 online or in stores, for about £20.

You know Rule of Rose, the one with the psycho lesbian aristocrat children, with the English teenager stabbing demons with a knife while also looking away for some reason?

Yeah, that one.

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Just Bioshock Infiniate for $17.99. Also got Rayman Legends and Dishonored: GOTY for $24.99.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I got a printer for my uncle that is normally $80 for $40 at Khols and then went over to target to try and get some cheap Xbox live gold cards but alas they were all out by the time I got there.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
At Walmart we had a Thursday event before black friday. At about 3am I picked up a 2DS and Animal Crossing for 130 bucks total. I can't complain.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
PS vita for $179.99
Soul Sacrifice and PErsona 4 golden for $20(one of them was on sale don't remember which)
and the big deal: Elder Scrolls Anthology for only $30

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
My Dad bought Assassin's Creed IV for the Xbox One, meaning that by extension I get to play it, too. Does that count?

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
A set of 120 Faber Castell Polychromos artist's colouring pencils for my college course. It came to £70, instead of like £200, so not bad ._.