Time's Up Disbands Entire Board in the Wake of Cuomo Backlash

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Time’s Up is disbanding its board of directors following a wave of backlash the group has faced as a result of its leaders advising Andrew Cuomo on how to handle the sexual misconduct claims against him.

The organization made the announcement on Friday, later releasing a statement asserting that the group is “ready for new leadership.” The statement—written by the now-former board of directors—makes mention of the “current crisis,” but avoids detailing the exact allegations facing the nonprofit.

“TIME’S UP belongs to all women,” the board wrote. “Its mission must continue–until we live in a world in which no woman ever needs to say #timesup again.”

The shake-up follows a string of resignations at Time’s Up over the last month, which have raised questions about the future of the organization as well as the sincerity of its mission. After New York State Attorney General Letitia James’s investigation revealed that two of the group’s founding members had helped the Cuomo administration draft an op-ed designed to discredit one of his accusers, Roberta Kaplan and Tina Tchen—the founding members in question–both stepped down. Kaplan announced her departure mere days after the report’s release, while Tchen held on until a little more than a week ago.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Well I hope whatever they were getting out of that arrangement was worth squandering away any and all trust the public may have had in their charity for. Still, good to see some sort of responsibility being taken regarding this harmful shitty behaviour for once.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'm sorry to say it will probably be taken over by people not very much different, except that hopefully the new bunch will be wise to the pitfalls of providing PR assistance to sex pests.

Reactions: gorfias

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
#MeToo died with the Kavanaugh hearing. It went from a serious criticism of the whole culture to just one more thing to bludgeon Republicans with, and Hollywood went right along with that, and then people didn't care anymore.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
#MeToo died with the Kavanaugh hearing. It went from a serious criticism of the whole culture to just one more thing to bludgeon Republicans with, and Hollywood went right along with that, and then people didn't care anymore.
You do realize the irony of saying this in a thread discussing Time's Up facing backlash for helping a Democrat politician cover up his sexual predation?

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You do realize the irony of saying this in a thread discussing Time's Up facing backlash for helping a Democrat politician cover up his sexual predation?
I don't think that's ironic at all. The same people who attacked a Republican appointee played defense for a Democrat. How is that anything other than completely predictable?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I don't think that's ironic at all. The same people who attacked a Republican appointee played defense for a Democrat. How is that anything other than completely predictable?
And completely the point. Sorry so many on this forum reach for their fainting couches when someone writes logic and then they start spreading hate with scurrilous charges.

The board didn't just resign due to helping a pest. It resigned as it became so obvious it is just another partisan hackorama.

Reactions: tstorm823

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Stop liking rapists so much
tstorm truly has no standards nor any shame. It's beyond pathetic and crossing a whole bunch of lines.
There's two possibilities, either he did rape her and the Democratic party is so incompetent that they made a legit rape case look like an episode of Bozo the Clown, or it was all a sham made with the thinnest of evidence and conjecture.
Is that really the hill you two want to die on?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
There's two possibilities, either he did rape her and the Democratic party is so incompetent that they made a legit rape case look like an episode of Bozo the Clown, or it was all a sham made with the thinnest of evidence and conjecture.
Damn, nobody asked.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you want to die on a hill constantly defending tstorm you go right ahead. Not my problem and you have fun with that. Andrew Cuomo can still fuck off. That is all I have to say about that. Deal with it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
If you want to die on a hill constantly defending tstorm you go right ahead. Not my problem and you have fun with that. Andrew Cuomo can still fuck off. That is all I have to say about that. Deal with it.
I wasn't talking about Coumo, I was talking about the Kavanaugh trial. Coumo himself certainly looks to be trash.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A principal charge was that if Kboy did that (that a 15 year old girl successfully fended off 2 rapey 17 year old football players with the help of a magic bed that bounced her to safety and out of a locked room 40 years ago) he had a personality problem that predicts he would still be sexually attacking females to this day. Well, then why was the best support they had was also ancient and from a lunatic, Juliette Swett? Kboy would have a very public criminal arrest record by now but nothing close to that has happened. By their logic, he was obviously innocent. But #metoo went all out pushing this narrative, while sweeping the Cuomo affair under a rug. Partisanship has been glaringly exposed.
I wasn't talking about Coumo, I was talking about the Kavanaugh trial. Coumo certainly looks to be trash.
Too bad he isn't in more trouble for killing old people while the Left was hailing him as a hero and sex, again, has been used to take down a powerful man that is doing far worse than acting like a lout.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Stop liking rapists so much
Here I am, actively decrying that political nonsense killed the momentum of a movement that was outing sexual predators, and you see that as "liking rapists".