Times you were fuzzled over by the police.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I'm going vet here, Some of you who play overwatch with me maybe wondering where I have been. Well about 3 weeks ago we were raided by NY cops despite the fact we live in PA, (I'm not sure that's legal without the feds.) They were investigating a money laundering scheme. My family is pretty much declared innocent, they already made the arrests for the case but They took all are phones and computers with them for evidences. We got a lawyer on the case and he said he would get our stuff back in about 3 day, and than the cops delay him for 2 and than another delay, and than another.

It been about 3 weeks now and I'm a little be angry that stuff that in no way will help them in their current case is still being kept there. Why is our time being wasted on this bullshit. So what about you guys, what's your shitty time with the police.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I've spent most of my life deep in the woods of Pennsylvania (So deep the closest police officer is about 30 minutes away), or in Texas (And White!). So I'm good. Maryland cops are colossal assholes when it comes to speed traps, but I've always been able to avoid them.

I knew plenty of differently-colored-people who got harassed by the police on a weekly basis in Texas, though. But, again, white so I was ok.

Sorry the cops are dicking you over. Unfortunately, that's what happens when drugs get involved (Whether actual drugs, or just drugs in the minds of the po-po).

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I was going to watch The Phantom of the Opera, but my stepdad kept the TV until the movie had already started. I would have missed the beginning if I hadn't been mistaken about the time, and the movie turned out to start ten minutes later than I thought.

(My stepdad's a policeman.)

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I was at this gathering in our country's equivalent of the Washington Monument, and needed to take a massive dump. So we left the grounds, funneled out by police officers, only to learn that once you leave, you are not allowed to come back out.

Not only was my whole day wasted, I traveled for 2 hours in a car, checked into a hotel,woke up at 4, walked for 3 hours literally squished against a wall of flesh, and sat on my ass for 5 more hours in the cold rain waiting for the event to start, but I left my sister there. She was fortunately with friends, but other people weren't so lucky. There was an elderly woman crying, saying that she left her family in there, and as cell reception was down, she had no way to contact them.

There were people who were dirt poor yet came all the way from another island to be there, and because the police weren't smart enough to close access to the area before it became overcongested (their reasoning for not allowing anyone back in), they wasted quite a bit of their very precious money.

Worst of all, in the news the next day they were commending the police for their "smooth and professional" work during the event.

FUCK I was pissed that day. I despise living in my country every other day, imagine how I felt that day.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
I was once pulled over by a policeman for not having a bell on my bike...

So I would say I am thankful I haven't had to go through the things you people have.

But seriously, don't they have better things to do?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Glongpre said:
I was once pulled over by a policeman for not having a bell on my bike...
Where in the hell do you live where bells are mandatory?

Queen Michael said:
I was going to watch The Phantom of the Opera, but my stepdad kept the TV until the movie had already started. I would have missed the beginning if I hadn't been mistaken about the time, and the movie turned out to start ten minutes later than I thought.
#PoliceBrutality #MusicalMoviesMatter

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Yeesh, sorry to hear that, OP. Just what the hell made them connect the money laundering operation with your family anyway?

OT: So, my family and I usually go down to the beach every year or so for a family reunion of sorts (seeing as how my mom's side of the family is so spread-out we only see yeah other at least once a year). So this one time, someone brought fireworks/sparklers that we were going to set off when we got busted by the goddamned beach patrol.

We didn't get into any real trouble other than the confiscation of our fireworks (save for one my cousin managed to smuggle out), but we were still kinda pissed, so me, my brother and two of our other cousins went to the roof deck to... show our disapproval.

Looking back, I guess they were just doing their job (and I'm pretty sure we got ratted out by the neighbors), but still...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
To be honest, anything I was doing was technically a fair cop. I just didn't think it was harmful at the time.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I bought a souvenir in Paris when I was younger. Apparently, a cop did not like the transaction, and came at me and the seller with a truncheon of some sort. Swung and hit my hand, scared and chased off the souvenir merchant.
Luckily the crystal Eiffel Tower I bought wasn't damaged, but I had to find the guy I bought it from to get the LED base.
And then there was the time the police knocked on the door because they were after my asshole house-mate. They were... unkind in the manner they asked me about him. Apparently they were joking, but they certainly didn't act like it at the time.
So, I haven't really had the best experience with police, even if I want to respect them for what they do.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I've never had any issues with the police.

I'd like to think that the police brutality stories and whatnot are just the few bad apples with the media laser focusing on but I'm also a white male in Minnesota so I can't really know for sure what's truly a problem and what's the media overplaying...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Well, the police laid off my Mom. That sucks, I guess.

(EDIT: "Off" is sometimes a terrible word to leave out of a sentence.)

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Never. I'm a law abiding citizen.

Got into an alcohol check once because my driving was strange in the middle of the night. Happens I was driving slowly because I had 2 drunk friends in my car and I didn't want them to puke into my car.
Alcohol check came up with 0, they wished me a nice evening and a save trip home.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Other than being stopped a few times and breathalised when I worked in bars, I have not had any problems with the Police.

In fact, due to the funeral home I work for having the coroners contract, I actually work with the Police quite often. Some can be quite helpful, which is nice when the dead person weighs 20+ stone. The last coroners removal I did, because I had hurt my back doing a previous removal, the Police officer did most of the lifting for me.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Police actually tried to steal my friend's car a few weeks ago, pulled him over under the guise of wanting to write him a fine. The one officer wanted to get him out the car "to confirm his details", when he refused to (as its just dodgy, you can easily confirm your details without climbing out) he started demanding he hand his car keys to his partner so they "can drive it back to the station themselves", refusing to give a valid reason why.

Luckily he was stopped nearby a busy gas station so passers by started gathering and recording them which convinced them to leave, otherwise things would've gotten pretty violent.

A lot of the police here in South Africa are just criminals with badges really, they openly sell their own firearms to burglars and gangs (they report it as missing or stolen afterwards and no one bothers to punish them), love to target people randomly at night to arrest and take somewhere isolated to beat up and are so poorly trained you can't rely on most of them for anything. Which sucks because there's a few truly good peeps on the force who want to do good haha.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
The thread title is comedy gold.

The police in my experience have always been helpful kind and understanding people, and I live in Cardiff the capital city of Wales. As long as you treat them with respect I find they do the same.

Although I am aware there is a certain unsavoury sort of person who joins the police for the wrong reasons. I have never interacted with a police officer where I feel I was treated unfairly. In fact I think the police have been far more lenient with me than I deserve.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I've had a handful of bad experiences with cops. I have met a few good/nice ones, but most have been huge assholes that blatantly abuse their authority.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I was at a protest once, the police prevented us from leaving the space for upwards of eight hours. There hadn't been any violence I'd seen before we were prevented from leaving, but there was some afterwards. After a while, the crowd was trying to push its way out, against the police shields, and the police began indiscriminately raining down blows with their truncheons on the heads of anyone at the front of the crowd-- many of whom had been, of course, pushed forward against their own will. Saw one guy being carried away with blood streaming from his head. Innocent people, for Bast's sake.

Later on, the police also charged their horses into the crowd, which was mindblowingly dangerous and moronic of them. A little after that, they kettled us, giving us next to no space to move for about two hours (and contravening European law).

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Reported my bicycle being stolen from a bike garage that's supposed to be locked. They didn't even bother to show up at the scene before closing the case.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Once, me and two friends were super high and a police officer busted the younger brother on shoplifting. It wasn't much, so he'd say we'd just get a warning if we could pay them, and back then I was a broke teenager, but I had enough to cover the charge. Thanks to that cop, I lost $8 bucks and was never reimbursed.

Seriously, live in Texas and am a 'person of color', but that's the worst i've gotten. Honestly wasn't that bad.