Timesplitters acquired by THQ Nordic

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
[link]https://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-timesplitters,c2592484
[/link]

Get HYPED, will we see the original trilogy remastered for current gen and PC?!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
YESSSSSS! YESSSS! YES! Hopefully, we will be getting Time Spillers 4. A new Second Sight would be good as well.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I think THQ Nordic has done more acquisitions than game releases at this point.

In other words, don't get your hopes up.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, THQ Nordic is no stranger to remasters, so a remastered Timesplitters Trilogy certainly wouldn't go astray in bringing the series back into the spotlight where it belongs...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Lets hope so! Nothing is better than a gingerbread man with a plasma rifle fighting NAZI zombies in ancient Egypt.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Hawki said:

I'd say there's now a much bigger chance that we'll see something Timesplitters related being made.

Sinister Minister

May 20, 2009
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Hawki said:

I'd say there's now a much bigger chance that we'll see something Timesplitters related being made.
Anything is literally a better chance that we'll see something TS-related when compared to Crytek's strategy of leading everybody on for a long time and then essentially saying 'nope, we've got nothing'.

Actually, this makes me wonder what will happen to TS Rewind.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Silentpony said:
Lets hope so! Nothing is better than a gingerbread man with a plasma rifle fighting NAZI zombies in ancient Egypt.
Run Nazis run, as fast as you can.
You can't escape me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Sinister Minister said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Hawki said:

Anything is literally a better chance that we'll see something TS-related when compared to Crytek's strategy of leading everybody on for a long time and then essentially saying 'nope, we've got nothing'.
It was even worse than that- it was more like: 'You want them to make a sequel? OK, we'll get them to make a sequel. To Homefront...'

Dec 10, 2012
Silentpony said:
Except maybe a snowman riding a flying carpet roasting giant calamari with a flamethrower on an asteroid.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Timesplitters was a game I missed the bus on, so a re-release/HD update/remake would be up my alley.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
TheVampwizimp said:
Silentpony said:
Except maybe a snowman riding a flying carpet roasting giant calamari with a flamethrower on an asteroid.
Yeah you may have me there. Christ was a great game, huh?!

Dec 10, 2012
Silentpony said:
TheVampwizimp said:
Silentpony said:
Yeah you may have me there. Christ was a great game, huh?!
Man, TS2 and 3 are the best multiplayer games I ever had, just for my money. I couldn't begin to guess how many hours I spent on deathmatches with my 2 best friends, trying out every one of the million possible permutations we could come up with.

My favorite thing to do in Future Perfect was to make a team deathmatch on the Siberia map, me and my buddies against 10 deerhaunters, nothing but snipers and flareguns, and set the kill limit at 500. It was an hour straight of sniping zombie deer from a mile away and it never, ever got old.

We still play Timesplitters occasionally when we get together. Those games don't age at all.