Titan-Fueled Joker Heads Up New Batman Toy Line

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Titan-Fueled Joker Heads Up New Batman Toy Line

Several characters from Batman: Arkham City are heading to a comic store near you.

It's been a busy week for toy aficionados. Along with Gears of War, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115439-Buy-Mass-Effect-Toys-Get-Free-DLC] it look like Batman: Arkham City is also going to have its own toy line. Comic book retailers recently received a product catalog from DC Direct (the collectibles division of DC COmics), and introduced details on several action figures based off of Rocksteady's Batman games.

Scheduled to arrive later this year, the new line of figures includes The Penguin, Ra's Al Ghul, Azrael, one of Joker's clown thugs and the Dark Knight himself. Special deluxe editions of Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze will be available in June, while a Titan-mutated Joker will be grinning his way into stores in November.

There's currently no info yet on the retail price of any of the figures, although so far there appears to be a lack of other notable Batman characters. Two-Face and Catwoman are sadly missing from the line up, along with Harley Quinn and Dr. Hugo Strange but with any luck DC Direct may bring more of Arkham City's rogue's gallery to life in the future.

Source: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/25/mutated-joker-featured-in-new-arkham-city-action-figure-line.aspx]

Feb 13, 2008
Titan Joker is Arkham Asylum, surely?

And the only way they get me to buy Harley is in her original duds, not the Naughty Nurse debacle.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
WMDogma said:
Several characters from Batman: Arkham City are heading to a comic store near you.
Titan Joker is from Arkham asylum!
BATMAN FANBOY RAGE!

OT: I would buy all of them If I had money.
Which I dont, this means that I'm not cool cus im just a poor person.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
So... he *doesn't* appear in both games, then?

I've only play Arkham Asylum, not Arkham City.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
These all look pretty cool. Titan Joker looks awesome =)

It's a shame they didn't do Scarecrow as well, the AA Scarecrow was excellent.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I like toys.
Don't look at me like that!

OT: They've gone with thugs over Harley Quinn and Catwoman?
For shame, DC Direct. If I were more childish or tired I would call sexism!

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Sad face is sad. What's with all of the toys being released all of the sudden?

Also, as someone else has said, isn't Joker[sup]Titan[/sup] from Arkham Asylum?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Arkham City already has a first series of toys. This is the second wave of it.

Titan Joker is a bit strange here but I guess they just wanted to make him and cant go back to another wave for Asylum. He was in the comics for a couple of pages I guess...

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
SnakeoilSage said:
I love Mr. Freeze's look in Arkham City. And not one damn "ice" pun to be heard.
Close, but not quite. If you get beaten by him in his boss fight, in the death-screen he says "Death is cold, Batman."

I don't think the Mr. Freeze character will ever escape he spectre of Batman & Robin. :(

LavaLampBamboo said:
They did. He was in the Arkham Asylum series of toys, released about a year ago.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
DannyJBeckett said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
They did. He was in the Arkham Asylum series of toys, released about a year ago.
Aaaand thank you for telling me that. Excuse me, I must go buy... something now...

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
DannyJBeckett said:
Close, but not quite. If you get beaten by him in his boss fight, in the death-screen he says "Death is cold, Batman."

I don't think the Mr. Freeze character will ever escape he spectre of Batman & Robin. :(
I don't know if that's much of a pun; "ice to see you" is a pun. "Death is cold" sounds kind of like "revenge is cold," and revenge is a dish best served cold.

Either way, I can live with that quote. He had a cool suit, harkened back to the Mike Mignola design from The Animated Series (right down to the synthesized voice and red eyes when his helmet was closed).

The one thing I disagreed with was Hugo Strange's profile of Mr. Freeze. The game hints that he is motivated by narcissism and egomania, but that's kind of pushing the "dark and gritty" feel of the Arkham series. I would think Freeze's lack of empathy is spurred by his desperation to cure his wife, even if it results in his self destruction. That's just how I see it anyways.