Titanfall is the latest succumber to the Battle Royale

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I'm pretty sure the title said "cucumber" when I first read it.

OT: What can be said? Battle Royale is the new fad for shooters.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well, my initial foray was spent entirely hiding in corners spamming Bloodhound's wall=hack to try and mark enemies for the team.

Why you ask? Because the game refused to spawn ammo (any, for any gun). Even picking up a new gun fresh out of a loot container came with 0 rounds.

The RNG aspect has always been the big killer of the BR genre, but this was just flat out nuts, with the game essentially refusing to allow me to play.

Lots of purple tier body armour and shields, but yeah, zilch on ammo. And the other two squaddies weren't ninja looting or anything, I think I got to more of the loot first even.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
I'm around level 17 now and I'm enjoying it alot so far, gameplay is fast and smooth and there are no bugs/glitches from what I've seen. Getting hitmarkers when you shoot someone is super satisfying.

Sep 24, 2008
There was a comment on youtube that would have made this the first BR I would have gotten into. The Suggestion was that at the final 10, everyone left could call for Pilot Gear, and then call for Titanfall if you got it on. With the same rodeo, anti-titan, and abilities.

If that were the case, I would have downloaded it the second it was available.

But I love Titans, so ymmv

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
The game so far is a lot of fun. I?ve never been a fan of BR games but the squad gameplay, abilities and smooth gunplay make this a lot of fun. I really look forward to more of this and hope it doesn?t get crowded out by Anthem and other big releases

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Additional rounds have yielded a much better experience then the bizarre no ammo first go.

The same usual batch of idiots is trying to get them to drop the TTK apparently. Becvause they can;t stick to COD and must ruin all other styles of shooter. See how that goes.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The game is really laggy. Server connection times out, the opposing legends move like in a slideshow... I find little point in playing it.

Edit: Trying it again and timeouts happen in every match. The game also crashes frequently with a different error message each time. What a load of crap.

TopazFusion

Dec 11, 2011
Lifeline is basically a must-pick. Any squad without her is immediately at a disadvantage. Free healing and free loot, on cooldown.

Not really sure how they can balance that. (Overwatch has juggled with the same problem, on-and-off, for the last ~3 years)

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Lifeline is basically a must-pick. Any squad without her is immediately at a disadvantage. Free healing and free loot, on cooldown.

Not really sure how they can balance that. (Overwatch has juggled with the same problem, on-and-off, for the last ~3 years)
I'll disagree. Her healing is so slow that it is only ever viable as a post-fight pick me up, at which point you should already be able to loot healing items of your vanquished foes. In the same vein, her drone is incredibly slow, so you are also committing to remaining essentially stationary to heal up. And while her drop pod is good, it occurs maybe twice per game (maaaaaybe three times if you get lucky with ultimate accelerants and reach the final 3) and isn't an immediate better pick when compared to Bangalore, Gibraltar or even Pathfinder.

All in all, if you aim to play slow and cautious, Lifeline is a great pick. If you want to play in a very aggressive faction or want high mobility she will never make the cut. So far, I'm having more trouble with aggressive squads of Bloodhound, Wraith and Bangalore then I have with any line-up involving Lifeline.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah. Lifeline kind of works early on, but has basically nothing to offer in the final stages where there's not much breathing room.

Bloodhound is one I think is a little weird. His abilities seem like they should be flipped around, where his real-time wall hack thing is his regular, but seeing delayed traces of where people were is somehow his ultimate? The trace thing is questionable in usefulness at best to begin with itself. The pace of the game doesn't really suit that sort of deliberate tracking.

Gibraltar was the other one I played, who seems significantly powerful. I dunno what all they balance different between console and PC and such. But ADSing making you basically headshot only is pretty potent on PS4 (add on some minor latency issues to that as well).

Of people I've faced, poison dude seems like a joke. Literally stood in his gas bomb zone just kind of being tickled.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Been experiencing a lot of server issues and game crashes lately, hopefully they can fix it soon.

I've been playing exclusively as Mirage and he's great, people get bamboozled by his decoy all the time, though his ultimate is pretty weak, would've been a lot better if he turned completely invisible or if the holograms acted like a player because right now you can see who the real Quaid is pretty easily.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I?m going to echo what others have said about Lifeline. Her skills are useful early on when things are slower, saving you on precious health kits and giving and early boost on stronger defense items. But she can?t do anything to swing a fight, and when things get hairy and you don?t stay put long her skills are too slow. Even Pathfinder can grapple around for flanking and give his team a movement boost. She?s valuable early but late game is just another body with a gun, unlike say Gibraltar or Bangalore who are crazy solid all game. Balance seems pretty good right now as far as heroes are concerned

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Seth Carter said:
Bloodhound is one I think is a little weird. His abilities seem like they should be flipped around, where his real-time wall hack thing is his regular, but seeing delayed traces of where people were is somehow his ultimate? The trace thing is questionable in usefulness at best to begin with itself. The pace of the game doesn't really suit that sort of deliberate tracking.
Their ultimate gets them a wallhack for the duration, letting them track enemies in close proximity in real time. It is very, very powerful. Their signature gives them a snap shot of where enemies in proximity are right when it triggers and his tracking is a passive. It is quite useful for early and mid-game aggressive hunting, as you can track enemies down if you just cross their path.

Seth Carter said:
Gibraltar was the other one I played, who seems significantly powerful. I dunno what all they balance different between console and PC and such. But ADSing making you basically headshot only is pretty potent on PS4 (add on some minor latency issues to that as well).
It is not quite that bad. Head, lower abdomen and legs are still exposed when Gibraltar aims and his shield can take maybe 100 points of damage, if that. So while it provides him a few more moments of aiming, it doesn't make him invulnerable and I've taken down several Gibraltars simply by getting the drop on them and breaking their ADS shield.

Seth Carter said:
Of people I've faced, poison dude seems like a joke. Literally stood in his gas bomb zone just kind of being tickled.
The danger of his gas is not the damage, but the fact that he gets vision on you while you remain there. I lost to a really good Caustic, who used that to full effect and wiped our team after triggering his ultimate due to knowing exactly where we were.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Caustic is insane on a team with Bloodhound. His ultimate covers a big area, stops sprinting and messes up vision. If he gets a good ultimate off on a squad and Bloodhunter uses her ultimate, it?s almost a guaranteed wipe. It?s almost unfair. I?ve also seen it combined with Bandalore to blanket an area in defense. This is insane if they are defending an area with easy chokes like the airfield. Caustic is an odd duck but can be incredible in certain situations